Desert Diplomacy Begins!

hrtbrk

The Official FAQ has been released and...

"What do I get for deciphering a parchment piece?

For each parchment piece, you’ll receive an exclusive NC prize. You can only receive each prize once, so if you decipher all the parchment pieces, you will receive all the items."

YAAAAY!!! That's what I wanted to hear! :D

wow this is exciting Im so glad I checked TDN forums tonight or I would have completely missed this.

I got a stamp and a parchment..still dont know what all this is leading to but hey its something different so...

is this an event a task or what???

I'm thinking the choices might matter in the long run, maybe for prizes we get at the end? Anyway, today I got Tchea Fruit, which is nowhere near as exciting as a book.

Maybe polite choice people will get an avie and the people that pick the rude choices won't. :U

Of course, it's simply an event where we're awarded junk daily....I don't want junk...I was really hoping there'd be more to it daily than this.

I see some people getting books though. I would love to pick up a few of those, as none look as ones Taphie has already read. I can see how it'll get old fast, but I don't consider all of it junk. Mind you I got Sandy Jeb Cakes today, a boring food, but it's a gourmet food that my pet hasn't eaten yet so I find it worth the few clicks.

It's just me or this plot is different?

In other plots we got clues and then we search the entire Neopia to find something.

It was really time consuming and frustrating!!!

This is so nice!

I could not handle it if we get something like the water plant, we got in the Altador plot.

Its nice that it has started easy I suppose but in fact I am finding it a bit dull atm ... there doesnt seem to be any skill we just click stuff randomly and get a prize from the prize pool ..hopefully it will get a bit more interesting in a day or so

Im just hoping that this is not just a nc generating exercize because I think that the nc element are getting things to do, while those who dont purchase dont ..really hope this is not the way neopets is going to go now, I know they have to make money but there still should be fun for those who dont want to spend more on each event

Items so far:

Day 1: Ruki Population Survey Vol. 5, Osiris Vase Shirt from parchment translation.

Day 2: Desert Flower collectible card, Ancient Geb Pyramids Background from parchment translation.

Day 3: Long Lost Desert Scroll Trinket, Striped Desert Dress from parchment translation.

Kinda diverse prizes...although I did get the Ruki scroll at 3am, so not sure if time matters or if it's totally random. Haven't decided to have one of my neopets read it, or sell it since it's going for 35k in the SW. And the Pant Devil took the Desert flower card, but I already had it in my collection. Grrr to the Pant Devil!!!!

Forgot to do yesterday...I hope I don't miss a special reward because I forgot. There are no sparkly checks like with most events when you complete something on the day of, so I don't know...still, I thought the first day would last two days like usual so you don't miss anything if you live in another time zone. Because these two factors are absent, I guess there is no special reward.

Today I got a collectible scarab and a new parchment piece. So far every parchment piece I had got have been thrown away because I don't want to use up the neocash I got from when Neopets gives out neocash to all the players on occasion. So far I'm not too sure who could have stolen from the Princess yet.

I don't go on tdn/neopets for a week and I see this. Luckily this wasn't like Festival of Neggs so whew!

I got a stamp, a book, some weaponry and food things and I've been keeping the NC parchments in my inventory so far. I hope there's more to this!

This event sure is interesting; I might even purchase some dictionaries to try get some of the NC rewards! :P

who wants to help me put some clues together cuz im really bad with this puzzle thing

I still have to work this thing out myself, lol but over at Jellyneo they have made available a logic grid that you can use to put together the clues. I'll use it for sure, since it's so much easier to keep track of everything with it. ;)