Desert Diplomacy Begins!

hrtbrk

kaleyrae123 - you do not get a neomail, you have to go see the princess and then there will be a link to click.

I used the jellyneo grid and I have 9 red 'x' on it so far :)

I have never been able to post a picture on here, it never works for me. I would post my grid if it would let me.

kaleyrae123 - you do not get a neomail, you have to go see the princess and then there will be a link to click.

I used the jellyneo grid and I have 9 red 'x' on it so far :)

I have never been able to post a picture on here, it never works for me. I would post my grid if it would let me.

To get images to show up, use tinypic!

I have 12 x's so far, but that is assuming that clues like "neither the guild that ___ nor the method ____ stole item ____" for example are referring to two different groups/thefts. I have zero credentials except that I used to do math olympiads and this kind of logic grid was a common sort of problem (some of you might have run across it as the problem with the guys in the colored houses, drinking different things, smoking different brands of cigars, with different pets)

8xk10p.png

To get images to show up, use tinypic!

I have 12 x's so far, but that is assuming that clues like "neither the guild that ___ nor the method ____ stole item ____" for example are referring to two different groups/thefts. I have zero credentials except that I used to do math olympiads and this kind of logic grid was a common sort of problem (some of you might have run across it as the problem with the guys in the colored houses, drinking different things, smoking different brands of cigars, with different pets)

Hey kaybee92, I have the ones you have too! I also think we can gain a few more x's from the clues:

1. "The Oasis Runners stole an item sometime before the guild who bribed a guard." tells us that the oasis runners didn't bribe the guard and they couldn't have been the guild to steal an item last (i.e., at 5:00 am). So that give us two x's.

2. "The guild that climbed the palace walls committed the theft sometime after the Wedding Ring was stolen" tells us that the guild that climbed the palace walls could not have committed the first theft (we don't know what time that was, but I guess there'll probably be 5 times total). So that gives us another x's.

With those added checks, my grid looks like:

2rc232r.png

I love logic puzzles! Yay! Please let me know if my logic is incorrect. :D

Edit: By check, I mean x of course XP

1. I didn't include the 5am check because I guessed there might still be like a 6am theft, but since we've discussed it now I'll remember why it's there. The other one, you're right about and I totally missed!

2. Again, no check because I don't know if there'll be earlier times than midnight...but again, discussed so I can add it and change if necessary!

Oooh, where, where? I looked at the boards and people seem to not be into sharing their Xs. Meanies. Someone claims to have 18 Xs but I'm 100% sure they're guessing at least the last two.

I have nothing to do till I go back to school so this is going to destroy my packing abilities the next few days.

I think the grids are the same for everyone because neopets fansites have the clues on their own websites.

Do you guys think it's against the rules to share grids, and that's why people on the forums aren't doing it? Particularly this early in the puzzle I don't think it's super useful but I just thought about that and I don't want to get in trouble.

ETA but then again it's not against the rules to share the answers to the Altador Plot or whatever so I think we're fine anyway.

Oooh, where, where? I looked at the boards and people seem to not be into sharing their Xs. Meanies. Someone claims to have 18 Xs but I'm 100% sure they're guessing at least the last two.

I have nothing to do till I go back to school so this is going to destroy my packing abilities the next few days.

Someone already has 18 clues? *faints*

I hate logic puzzles. They confuse the living daylights out of me. I'm still struggling to get past the first clue on the JN grid. -_-

it is not against the rules as far as i know ...

so today's clue : The guild that used invisibility committed the theft one hour before the Dagger Clan.

which means the dagger clan didnt use invisibility (x)

and they didn't steal at midnight ??

You are most correct (assuming midnight is the earliest theft time)! I think some of the clues can be put together now to get a couple of maybes. We've gotten quite a few clues dealing with invisibility and I know I haven't properly gone over the order clues yet.

it is not against the rules as far as i know ...

so today's clue : The guild that used invisibility committed the theft one hour before the Dagger Clan.

which means the dagger clan didnt use invisibility (x)

and they didn't steal at midnight ??

That's how I interpreted it, assuming midnight is the earliest time.

The Oasis Runners stole an item sometime before the guild who bribed a guard.

Of the guild that bribed a guard and the Pyramid Prowlers, one stole Pocket Chess and the other committed the theft at midnight.

So the guild that bribed the guard couldn't have done it at midnight if you assume midnight is the earliest time. Which means Pyramid Prowlers did the theft at midnight and the guild who bribed the guard stole the Pocket chess.

Or am I doing this completely wrong? I'm confuzzled. :mellow:

Of the guild that bribed a guard and the Pyramid Prowlers, one stole Pocket Chess and the other committed the theft at midnight.

So the guild that bribed the guard couldn't have done it at midnight if you assume midnight is the earliest time. Which means Pyramid Prowlers did the theft at midnight and the guild who bribed the guard stole the Pocket chess.

Yes, you are correct, if midnight is the earliest time (which it probably is but we can't be 100 % sure yet).

Today's clue: Pocket Chess was not stolen by the Sun Chasers, nor was it stolen at 2:00 a.m.

So in case midnight was the earliest time, Sun Chasers did not bribe the guard either.

...My head aches...

Not necessarily? I JUST woke up from 4hr of sleep and I might regret this post. Just because you know the bribing guild did either the Pocket Chess or the midnight crime does not mean anything else,

Or are you referring to a newer clue? All we know about midnight is that the Dagger Clan didn't commit the crime then, and the Pocket Chess was not stolen by the Sun Chasers or at midnight or at 2am.

EDITED

AND I just realized what you meant. Thanks, coffee!

You are right in saying "the guild that bribed the guard couldn't have done it at midnight if you assume midnight is the earliest time."

But I still don't get where you confirm that the PP went at midnight and the PC was stolen using bribery. I have 23xs on my grid btw.

EDITED AGAIN

I'll just come back to this but I think I finally got what you mean - the connection between clues 2 and 5. And now I have 26xs and 2 checkmarks!

Yes, you are correct, if midnight is the earliest time (which it probably is but we can't be 100 % sure yet).

Today's clue: Pocket Chess was not stolen by the Sun Chasers, nor was it stolen at 2:00 a.m.

So in case midnight was the earliest time, Sun Chasers did not bribe the guard either.

...My head aches...

So this means the Illuminated Manuscript was stolen using invisibility, since we know bribing the guard was used to steal Pocket Chess. Reference : clue 1

CLUE:

The Illuminated Menuscript was either stolen using invisibility or by bribing a guard.

So this means the Illuminated Manuscript was stolen using invisibility, since we know bribing the guard was used to steal Pocket Chess. Reference : clue 1

CLUE:

The Illuminated Menuscript was either stolen using invisibility or by bribing a guard.

Ohhhhhh good call Neopets9738368 I didn't even realise that!

But I still don't get where you confirm that the PP went at midnight and the PC was stolen using bribery. I have 23xs on my grid btw.

EDITED AGAIN

I'll just come back to this but I think I finally got what you mean - the connection between clues 2 and 5. And now I have 26xs and 2 checkmarks!

Looking at timeline we know

Oasis Runners

guild bribing a guard/Pyramid Prowlers

so we know that either the guild bribed the guard occurred at midnight OR they stole the PC

OR

PP either bribed the guard occurred at midnight OR they stole the PC

Assuming midnight is the earliest time, that the guild who bribed the guard at midnight couldn't have happened, if there was another theft that occurred before it, like clue 2 said.

Which means by process of elimination, the guild that bribed the guard couldn't have done it at midnight, they had to have stolen the PC. And that leaves the PP with stealing something at midnight.

Does that make sense? Bc I'm starting to confuse myself..... -_-

Phew, had no internet connection for nearly the whole week, but now I'm back and my head is aching too >< But thanks to all the help from this post, my grid is looking very nice! Yay for TDNF! :)

"The guild that climbed the palace walls committed the theft sometime after the Wedding Ring was stolen."

Assuming midnight is the first time, the guild that climbed the walls didn't do it at midnight... Right? :mellow:

Hi guys. I'm having quite the time piecing things together. I think I'm doing mostly alright aside from trying to make conclusions too soon. Has anyone else managed to link three of the five items to the method used to steal them? I also think I have times for two of the guilds. Maybe I'm getting crazy ahead of myself here...

Hi guys. I'm having quite the time piecing things together. I think I'm doing mostly alright aside from trying to make conclusions too soon. Has anyone else managed to link three of the five items to the method used to steal them? I also think I have times for two of the guilds. Maybe I'm getting crazy ahead of myself here...

You are doing good! I haven't got quite that far yet...

Today's clue: The guild that committed the theft at 1:00 a.m. did not use a disguise.

So that means we have now all the times!

So here's what I've got so far, I'm sure there's more to it also...

Clue: The Oasis Runners stole an item sometime before the guild who bribed a guard.

Clue: Of the guild that bribed a guard and the Pyramid Prowlers, one stole Pocket Chess and the other committed the theft at midnight.

--> OR didn't bribe a guard, steal the Pocket Chess or commit theft at midnight.

--> Because midnight is the earliest time, and the guild that bribed the guard couldn't have stolen the item at midnight.

So PP committed the theft at midnight and the guild who bribed a guard stole Pocket Chess.

--> Because 5 am is the latest time, OS didn't commit the theft at 5 am.

Clue: Pocket Chess was not stolen by the Sun Chasers, nor was it stolen at 2:00 a.m.

--> SC did not bribe the guard because Pocket Chess was stolen by guild who bribed a guard.

Clue: The guild that climbed the palace walls committed the theft sometime after the Wedding Ring was stolen.

--> Wedding Ring was not stolen 5 am.

--> Guild that climbed the palace wall didn't commit the theft at midnight. So PP didn't climb the palace wall, because PP committed the theft at midnight.

Clue: The guild that used invisibility committed the theft one hour before the Dagger Clan.

--> The guild that used invisibility committed the theft didn't do it 5 am.

--> Also DC didn't commit the crime at 5 am, since there are 2 hours between 5 am and 3 am.

Clue: The Illuminated Menuscript was either stolen using invisibility or by bribing a guard.

--> Pocket Chess was stolen by bribing a guard, so Illuminated Menuscrip was stolen using invisibility.

Clue: The guild that used invisibility committed the theft one hour before the Dagger Clan.

--> Illuminated Menuscript was not stolen 5 am or by DC.

I hope I got this right... I'm sure there is more, I'll keep digging...

IF I have this right so far, The Illuminated Manuscript must have been stolen by invisibility at midnight, meaning that the Dagger Clan must have been up to no good at 1 AM. (Using clues 1, 2, 5, 6 and 8). Anyone else get this?

EDIT: This also means that the Pyramid Prowlers stole the manuscript (by invisiiblity @ midnight).