Neopets Coding ‘Theft’?

shyrobotics

Hi,

I also run a premade page and I have never heard something like that. What I usually tell people is don't base your lookup on one of mine, unless I gave you explicit permission. Why? Because once, someone used my code and even similar visual of one of my premade and won Userlookup Spotlight. I was really angry and reported them. Nothing happened.

In your case, the person reporting you is silly. Ignore them and move on. They can't really be the only people using basic code like that, plus there is a chance that you figured that on your own. We must give you benefit of doubt. ^^ You won't get in trouble for that, I assure you.

Oh silly interwebs, really.

But please, do report that user for harassing you. It's against the rules to bad mouth someone and to publicly slander them.

Yeah, it's a very basic code and anyone smart with some CSS knowledge can figure it out.

One thing is sure, you are not crazy!

I used to dabble with coding and web design... I am curious to know how one can justify a typical and standard line of coding as "their own" if it can be found in how to's all over the internet and in hard copy coding books...I don't know if it's worth fighting back because it sounds like this person is aggressive and unreasonable, but if your'e into that, give them a history lesson on who originally invented internet coding and tell them to take it up with that guy (people)... and reference the line of coding that you "stole" from a hard copy coding book...

I personally would ignore the person, write a disclaimer on your site explaining what you do is for fun (as in your previous post), block them in neopets, and provide an explanation to TNT about your concerns (which you said you did.) At least it will be in writing to TNT in case other problems arise. Sounds like you're being harassed unreasonably. Not cool...