Returning/Graduating from Lurker status.

chubit

Hello there!
I'm sort of returning, as you can see from my post count, I was never much of an actual contributor to the forums before, but since taking a little break from neo in general & returning to both there and here, I thought I'd try shaking off the lurker look & start posting.

I can't really remember the navigation of the forums very well, so if anyone could help me find discussions for people who wanna' write for the NT, Storytelling or poetry, that'd be great :laughingsmiley:

I hope you're all well!

-blueberry.

EDIT TO ADD A QUESTION: I can see on my profile that is has "name history", therefore suggesting that you can change your name, but I cannot find where I change my name. This name is connected to one of my older RP phases side accounts, and I'd really like to switch to a name that connects to my main account. So, if anyone could tell me where to find that option, that's be great (:

Hello and welcome back to TDN Forums! I'm Kaie (or Rune, whichever you can remember) Glad you've decided to jump off the lurker tree and hop in the excitement :D

Currently, we have no thread for NT Writers, but feel free to start one! (Neopets General Chat should do ;)) There is one about how long it takes to write, but not a general chat thread for those who are interested in Neopian writing.

Hi Blueberry! Since Rune (that's the name I can remember) already addressed the NT thread, I'll just say welcome back from the shadows :)

I'm sure there's a bunch of people around here who enjoy writing for the NT, so you'll probably have lots to chat with if you start the thread!

Nice to meet you Rune & Koralis
-and thank you for the speedy responses!

I'm currently doing my dailies, and finding some fun posts on here to respond to, but I'll try making a NT thread later on.

I was so shocked to find out the neopets actually links to here now! And we can talk about it!

It's crazy. I mean when I FIRST joined neopets they allowed 'outside' neopets sites, but then they banned them for years, so I'm pretty excited.

Welcome back & happy graduation ^__^

I too lurk about more than actually contribute to anything in particular <.<

Haha, "Lurking4lyff" - although not anymore.

I used to be a really anti-social neopets user.

I'd only ever use the RP boards, or chat to the people I made friends with through my old avatar lending programme.

(Anyone need coconut jubjub?)

But I'm trying to pull it together more now, I'm do some much real-life journalism writing, and have won a couple of (small) awards for essays I've written, that I feel like I should try applying those strengths on neopets for a few avatars and trophies.

I mean... Who knew that neopets is harder than University?! :laughingsmiley:

EDIT TO ADD A QUESTION: I can see on my profile that is has "name history", therefore suggesting that you can change your name, but I cannot find where I change my name. This name is connected to one of my older RP phases side accounts, and I'd really like to switch to a name that connects to my main account. So, if anyone could tell me where to find that option, that's be great (:

You have to have at least 400 posts, then go to MY SETTINGS, then DISPLAY NAME :)

Ah! Thank you so much for the answer.

I plan to be around that long, so that's ok.

The "name history" option is very useful, and I understand it being a perk for those who actually stick around and post. :)