Desert Diplomacy: Who? When? How?

hrtbrk

I have to solve for the pocket chess and I have no idea where to get started at. I can solve some puzzles easily but this puzzle is something that is difficult.

Interesting, I thoroughly enjoy logic puzzles like these actually. Gotta make a grid and organize the facts, always interesting fun. :shiftyeyes_anim:

It wasn't that hard after all. But maybe I just got lucky because I had to find the Wedding Ring...it must have been one of the easiest ones!!

I'm also happy because Queen Nabile is one of my favorites :laughingsmiley:

I had to solve for the ring.

I've posted hints, links to guides, etc. in this thread (starting on page 4). My latest post explains how you can use a table to finish solving instead of using the grid, if the grid is driving you crazy (I recommend starting on the grid first, but you could try to start the table from scratch).

Mina, I actually give an example of how to tackle the "of X and Y, one is M and N" type clues in that table post -- I hope it's helpful to you.

Name the scoundrel who dared to lift the Illuminated Menuscript from under King Skarl's nose, as well as when and how it was done.

ooh I got this!

Maybe after king skarl will reward me with laughing hysterically at a certain joke of mine that involves peophins ;)

I got the Illuminated Menuscript.

I was second guessing myself at first cos I was afraid that it was too easy :shiftyeyes_anim:

I did it myself (also in excel haha) and can confirm I also got these answers!

I was asked: Avenge Princess Amira's honour with the truth: who took her Grand Speech Scroll at what hour, and by what method?

I missed an important hint in the final clue, which led me to the answer for the ring, finally! :D

Some people on the boards are saying that solving for the ring was as easy as the Menuscript, which I do not understand because it took the finally clue filling the grid for me to solve for it...

TNT is deleting boards where people are sharing solutions, so I don't think we should be posting the answers here, either. I've helped (or am helping) 5 people already, just guiding them on to the next step once they get stuck, so they can still solve it themselves. I'm willing to help more if you PM me a screenie of your grid/table. (I've already solved the grid completely and have submitted my own answer, and I'm confident I have the correct solution because I've rechecked every clue and there are no contradictions anywhere with my answer. Anyway, my help is just to tell you which clue to look at, so even if I made a mistake somehow, someone should have caught it by now.)

TNT is deleting boards where people are sharing solutions, so I don't think we should be posting the answers here, either. I've helped (or am helping) 5 people already, just guiding them on to the next step once they get stuck, so they can still solve it themselves. I'm willing to help more if you PM me a screenie of your grid/table. (I've already solved the grid completely and have submitted my own answer, and I'm confident I have the correct solution because I've rechecked every clue and there are no contradictions anywhere with my answer. Anyway, my help is just to tell you which clue to look at, so even if I made a mistake somehow, someone should have caught it by now.)

I'm mostly just curious to see if there was any way to confirm my solution before I submit it, if the answer gets "locked in" once I do. Does it tell you if you're wrong or do you just get one try?

You have to wait until the end of the timer to find out if you're correct. Anyone who wants to double-check their answers before submitting, I'm willing to tell you via PM if they agree with what I got (I've already submitted my answer).

Alright, based on the rule TNT has established here, I will not confirm anyone's answers for them, because that would still be considered sharing answers.

In addition, when giving assistance, I will not be able to tell you if you messed up anywhere on your grid/table (since that would entail you sending me answers -- partial answers are still answers). If you get stuck, you can message me telling me how far you've gotten (e.g., I've linked guild X with a time and method, and I've linked method Y with an item -- and narrowed down their time to 2 different times -- just don't tell me which time/method/item, so you're not actually giving me answers), and I can give general suggestions based on which clues I think might get you unstuck. I can also give you examples of how to solve certain generic clues (which I already have, in the "Desert Diplomacy Begins" thread -- see my posts there), which bear only slight resemblance to clues in the actual puzzle (basically, generic logic puzzle-solving tips, vs. tips specific for this puzzle).

I do want to help people, but I don't want to break the rules now that TNT has clarified them, nor do I want to encourage anyone else to break the rules. Sorry. Hopefully I can still help.

Just finished drawing and filling out my own grid and sent my answer to Neopets before checking here. I love logic puzzles, so it was a matter of pride. Great event! I wonder if we'll get something. Think it was a bit too easy for a trophy. Maybe an avatar (and then I hope that there's not some kind of bizarre rule like collecting all the clues on the day they were first available).

I honestly hope we get a trphy. Since we won't be getting one for daily dare I feel like this is needed. And since LEnny Conundrum might be gone, it would be a massive let down if we didn't have that last memorium of something like LC