Desert Diplomacy: Who? When? How?

hrtbrk

I've read my clues over and over, attempted to use the JN grid and it's all "X" & "checks" for me, with a lot more "?" and my brain going fuzzy just looking at it x_@

I just put what I didn't have an "X" on in that area and submitted. I may get lucky, but I sincerely doubt it xD

It doesn't look like I'll be getting a prize, either. I've restarted six times now due to contradictions. It's so frustrating. I usually love puzzles, but the way some of these are worded is throwing me off. :\ I mailed a friend who had solved it for help, but she hasn't came online yet. I'm about to just send in a guess. I've tried asking for help in every community I'm a part of. ;~; It's a shame my guild recently disbanded.

Avenge Princess Amira's honour with the truth: who took her Grand Speech Scroll at what hour, and by what method?

I'm doing this at the last minute, and have botched the grid so many times already...being sleepy doesn't help, either. I'm LOLing at the 24 guests looking at this thread hoping to find answers, though!

Wish I was smart enough to figure out logic puzzles like these. I'm sure my answers are wrong.

Only one answer? I thought we were answering all the thefts.....

Wish I was smart enough to figure out logic puzzles like these. I'm sure my answers are wrong.

Only one answer? I thought we were answering all the thefts.....

Well, it's nice to work out all the answers, because it will usually show you if you've contradicted yourself somewhere, but we only have to answer one of them.

Solving this style of puzzle is something you can get better at with practice. There are patterns you learn to look for, and being told about them only helps so much--you need to see them a few times to recognize them in other puzzles. If you want to be prepared the next time a game springs one of these on you, look for a puzzle book or site full of them and practice, and it will come more easily to you in the future.

They also take patience, though. You have to go over and over the clues, like I said in my previous post. You fill out the obvious, direct stuff first, then look at how other clues interact with that and with each other. Starting on it really late is a reliable route to frustration.

I got the exact same prizes as Dokitty above, and no trophie avatar or site theme, I dont think there were any to be won.

Im quite surprised that there was nothing like an avie etc as a memo of the event, but never mind. I wonder if this is going to be a regular event with a puzzle like this, though I think there would have been a clue by now to tell us if it was a new daily