Sad News About My Kitten

Navy

dd822fc62c.jpg

This morning we were moving an old mattress out of the house, he slipped right by me and before I could even notice it the neighbor's dog who was loose had him by the head and was shaking him, breaking his neck.

I loved him so much, and I feel so guilty.

Did the dog's owners witness it happen? Is the dog vicious by nature? I'm so sorry Navy. The reason I ask these questions because I would think that you could take the owner's to court for allowing the dog to harm your kitten. I'm not trying to judge the owner's dog and I don't know the full story and apologized if I placed false judgments,

Once again, I'm sorry.

I'm so sorry. That must have been so horrifying/heartbreaking and I can't imagine seeing something like that. I lost a 19 year old cat best friend around 2 years ago, and I still miss him all the time :(

I hope you're doing ok, and this really was NOT your fault, so don't feel guilty and just remind yourself that he was lucky to have someone who loved and cared for him so much.

I'm so sorry Navy. But don't blame yourself. Everyone who has ever had a pet (especially cats) knows that they can't be watched constantly. They all get into situations sooner or later and sometimes they lose those nine lives all at once. Probably your next cat (when you're ready for one) will live to be 20. Give yourself some time to grieve before choosing another. If it helps any, I believe all cats go to heaven. 0:)

This is so tragic and sad! I'm so sorry Hanna! :( There's no way you could have known your neighbor's dog would be loose, and your kitten was going to sneak out. Please, don't feel guilty! I hope you are okay and you feel better soon!

Aw Navy, I'm so sorry for your loss. :( It's a really hard thing to lose an animal. But just know that this was not your fault, just a freak accident out of your control. Although his life was short, you were able to give him a life full of love and care. you shouldn't feel guilty

Oh no, I'm so sorry D: *hugs*

None of this was your fault, it was a freak accident that you couldn't have prevented. I'm sorry, that must have been traumatic.

You took good care of him, and he was happy and loved, at least for a short time. *hugs*

That poor baby. I'm sorry Navy. It's not your fault, hun. Things happen for a reason. I know you'll miss that sweet kitten, but he's in a better place now. I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better... losing a pet is a very hard thing to go through, but I'm sure that that kitten of yours thought the world of you. You gave the best gift to him just by loving him, so please don't feel guilty. If you need us to talk to, we're all here for you.

dd822fc62c.jpg

This morning we were moving an old mattress out of the house, he slipped right by me and before I could even notice it the neighbor's dog who was loose had him by the head and was shaking him, breaking his neck.

I loved him so much, and I feel so guilty.

I am so sorry, Navy! He looks like a real sweetheart. i know I'm new here, but....*hugs*

Did the dog's owners witness it happen? Is the dog vicious by nature? I'm so sorry Navy. The reason I ask these questions because I would think that you could take the owner's to court for allowing the dog to harm your kitten. I'm not trying to judge the owner's dog and I don't know the full story and apologized if I placed false judgments,

Once again, I'm sorry.

He's a great dog around people but he hates cats and mAle dogs. They have numerous files against them but there are no animal control services that will Take him. I'm seriously thinking of bringing him to the vet to be put now

Is the dog fixed? A lot of times, it's better to have any animal fixed to keep stray population down and it in males it can help keep them a bit more calm and not so territorial.

No, they breed the puppies to sell them,

I didn't realize when I first read this post that it was the same kitten that you told us about rescuing here, http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/41546-i-found-a-5-week-old-sick-kitten/ . I have that story bookmarked and noticed that the picture you posted above is the same.

I know how hard it is to lose a pet, they truly become family, but the lengths you went through to show this kitten tenderness, love, and care are remarkable. I wholeheartedly believe that if it had been in your power to stop what had happened, you would have. I'm so sorry for your loss and I pray you can take some small comfort in the memories you have and the love you gave Parker.

Dorkitty is right. You gave Parker a home, love, and another chance at life. Whether you know or not, he was grateful to you. *hugs*