Hello, World!

mariaelise

Any other programmers out there? Teehee....

Anyway, I'm basically your average Neopian. I starting playing Neopets about 10 years ago, before Neopets were customizable, before the NC Mall... the good old days. ;) Am I the only one who hasn't caught on to the customization craze? 0_o I can appreciate nicely dressed Neopets, but I like the plain old background.

As I just proved, I go off on tangents sometimes. On Neo, I mostly play KQ, just got into Habi, collect avatars, and my newest goal is starting to work on training my pets.

IRL, I love riding horses, watching my kittens grow up, and spending a looooot of time on my laptop. Which isn't really real life, but....

Anywho! I'm friendly, and love to contribute to conversations, when I get out of my lurker shell. I'm looking forward to hanging around the TDN forums, as I already use TDN as a resource daily. :)

Hello & welcome to TDNforums! It's nice to meet you. I used to be a lurker on here as well. I also just started training my pets.

It took me a long time to accept customizing, I was so against the idea when it was first introduced. I missed the classic circular background on pets. However, I have now warmed to it, but still not to the point where I'm spending real money on NC. I'd much rather spend that money on clothes I can wear, not my virtual pet!

Anyways, I popped by to say hi! I'm not a fellow programmer, but I'll welcome you nonetheless to the site :)

Welcome :) Glad you're busting out of your lurker shell, and I hope you have fun around here!

Customizing has kind of grown on me over the years. I used to just maybe stick a background on, but now I've gotten so many freebies from events, it seems a shame to not use them. NeoCash isn't for me, though, which is where most of the prettier items are anyway xP Mostly I just miss the artwork of the old pets, but hey, google images always has them for nostalgic days.

Koralis - "Hello, World!" is a little programming joke. :) I agree with you about spending real money on myself, not my pixels! Thank you, and nice to meet you.

Ali - Same here! I like what some people are doing with customizing, but the task of finding clothing I like seems daunting.

Not really a programmer, but I had a little giggle at the title. I have so many files named that on my computer. I learned some basics so that I could write perl poetry :P

I know what you mean about the customising, I liked the more interesting poses that made the pets look like real animals rather than just standing awkwardly. I also started about ten years ago, maybe even more. Can't believe I was a kid back then... /sigh.

yep not a programmer by any means. But hi! :) When I came back to neo and saw the introduction of NC and wearables I was really disappointed. However, I've grown to really enjoy it. Not so much the NC...but the wearable factor. NC is so expensive :X

My current goals also include avatar collecting and training my pets!...or er...pet. lol I'm getting to the point where training is getting expensive

welcome to the forums! i too like to customize my pets pretty modestly. i like the background and fun flair-type items, but it feels weird to put wigs and clothes on anthropomorphized animals. i've seen people do great things with customization though. :)

Yeah, that's mainly why I liked the old ones. Seeing a creature that looks exactly like a tiger wear trousers is a bit weird for me. I like hats and capes and things though.

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to the TDN forums and only recently came back to my Neopets account ;P I used to play all the time; I first made my account when I was like 12 (8 years ago). My cousin and I used to wake up at 5am whenever she came over to go on and do our dailies.

I haven't caught on to customization either... I'm basically just ignoring it and playing the way I did when I was a kid, haha.