Longtime Neo user thinking of coming back

Returnofdk

tldr; veteran player from 13 years ago wants to come back, but is wondering how the site's doing.

Hello, everyone! Old player here with some questions:

Long story short: I forgot the email and password to my 2001 account, and TNT couldn't restore it without proof of identity. It eventually got wiped. Ah well. I had easily 75 mil worth in it but honestly, by the time I dropped off into inactivity the game felt "beaten" to me, so restarting a decade later was no big deal. So 11 years later in 2012, I made a new account and started rebuilding from scratch.

Eventually my new account got frozen because I was consistently missing restocks in the magic shop and typing my numbers wrong, and the mixture of doing that and having it done on a different computer IP from home (was sneaking some restocking in during a slow day at work >.> <.< ) made them false flag it. Sometime later they unfroze me since it was a false flag, but due to not having a reason to play it anymore I let that account rot too.

Anyway, recently I've been playing Flight Rising and while great fun, it just has an awful economy and very limited games so there's not much to do each day unlike Neo where you can spend hours between dailies, restocking, trophy hunting, tons of games, and other stuff. Hearing about Viacom selling it off also makes me consider coming back, because like some other older users things felt "different" and not in a good way after the merger. I also like the site's slightly different, less ads-in-your-face homepage and the idea that Jumpstart will be bringing Neopets to mobile. As someone who plays iPhone games or uses sites on my tablet when feeling too lazy to play a traditional PC game, this is huge.

My question, especially directed towards older/veteran players, is: Is it worth coming back? Why or why not?

If you think it's fun, then why not? You could always make an account and leave if you're bored of it. I've been an off and on player since I was a kid. I had my account frozen in 2012 for about a year and a half, and wasn't sure if I wanted to come back, because I was pretty annoyed that I had done nothing wrong and missed out on a bunch of stuff. I got my account back though, and I like neopets, so I still play. It's about as easy as that.

I had an account in (I think) 2000 and eventually fell away from playing it due to life circumstances. I decided to come back about three years ago, and I really enjoy it. It's a nice break from real life and helps fill my free time.

I say you should play it. If you decide it isn't fun anymore, you haven't lost anything (except a little time), and if it is fun still/again your life is better!