Forum Customization Contest Voting #8! :)

Guest Sabs

Vote for your favorite customization entries!  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Section 1 Entries

2. 2. Section 2 Entries

Hello Contestants, and TDNF! :) Here are the entries for Customization Contest #8!

The voted theme: Light vs Dark. Submit two customization images as a single entry, one representing good and one representing evil. The best contrast between them wins.

Species/Color: Peophin(any color)- This species should be in one of your entries(Light or Dark).

You can click on the pictures to view the animation.

Want to enter for the next round? Check out this thread for details.
http://www.tdnforums...ill-be-a-prize/

Feel free to post theme suggestions for the next contests.

Rules:

1. You can't vote for yourself, as stated in the rules on the Customization Contest thread.

2. You can vote for more than one entry.

3. If you don't want to select a vote for any of the 3 sections, select the "None" option along with the votes of your choice.

4. The top 3 multiple voted entries will awarded.

5. If you have any questions, please mail my account(Sabs).

6. Please do not use any of the trophies from the Forum Customization Contest if you don't have permission from Sabs or Shelley.

New trophies!

gold.pngsilver.pngbronze.pngparticipanteight.png

Congratulations to our top 3 voted entries!

First Place: Sabs

Awarded: Gold Trophy

fxuedj.jpgabqc2c.jpg

You would never guess these Peophins are related. They are twin sisters. One was destined to cause great destruction, and the other to restore peace. They were separated at birth, but one day their paths will cross.

Second Place: deboratibi

Awarded: Silver Trophy and Crumbling Ancient Castle Background

161f52r.jpgilabh3.jpg

Epic Battle: Light vs Dark

Third Place: Shelley

Awarded: Bronze Trophy and Crumbling Ancient Castle Background

30ues1v.jpg2ue33b6.jpg

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

-Steve Martin

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Entry #1

medium_preview.png

medium_preview.png

I imagined them being Sister Witches. One following the light and one the Darkness.

Entry #2

medium_preview.png

medium_preview.png

Entry #3

She's a user of the forbidden dark magic, so she has isolated herself so she can practice her craft without interference.

medium_preview.png

She's simply... sunshine.

wfZej1E.png?1

Entry #4

Epic Battle: Light vs Dark

9h30d4.jpg

a9xw0y.jpg

Entry #5

7dhdgPk.png

o0Z3bf1.png

The Guardian of Light had been able to bring light to even the deepest of Neopia's oceans for centuries, but sadly, due to her lack of hind legs she has not ever been able to climb up to the darkest caves of Terror Mountain. Sadly, without any light to shine on them for so long, the creatures inhabiting this place soon became lifeless and angry. Especially the poor Boris that had for so long inhabited Terror Mountain's caves without ever seeing the light. After all these centuries in permanent darkness, the Boris began a horrible transformation into wretched creatures, only longing to bring darkness to all of Neopia since they no longer were able to endure the slightest hint of light without being blinded by it's brightness. Will the Guardian of Light ever find a way to restore the Boris and the rest of the creatures that inhabit the mountain to their former glory or will soon all of Neopia know what it feels like to live in permanent darkness?

Entry #6

28994lv.png

2a00nq.png

Not all those blessed with powers use them as intended...

Entry #7

sun.jpg

moon.jpg

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
-Steve Martin

Entry #8

9rtwn8.png

14qhrl.png

You would never guess these Peophins are related. They are twin sisters. One was destined to cause great destruction, and the other to restore peace. They were separated at birth, but one day their paths will cross.

Entry #9

medium_preview.png

medium_preview.png

In Faerieland, Queen Fyora is seen as the epitome of goodness, while Xandra's twisted ways caused Neopia much pain.

Entry #10

medium_preview.png

vmedium_preview.png

I liked the idea of light coming out of darkness, and darkness coming out of light.

The Peophin is the combination of literal light (starlight) and metaphorical light (goodness and purity): the constellation form of Astraea, a personification of justice in Greek mythology who ascended to the heavens to flee from the wickedness of humanity.
Following the Greek mythology theme, for darkness the Skeith is Kakia, the Greek goddess of vice and moral badness, "depicted as a vain, plump and heavily made-up woman dressed in revealing clothes." She tempted people to evil; as seen here, she brings a shroud of darkness to even the clearest day.

Entry #11

Since I've started watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic lately, this is my try at Princess Celestia (light) and her younger sister, Nightmare Moon (dark) :)

medium_preview.png

medium_preview.png

Entry #12

medium_preview.png

medium_preview.png

Entry #13

medium_preview.png

medium_preview.png

Dark one's story is that she's training to be a witch. So she tries to steal a spell. if you click on the picture you can see her eyes moving about like "Oh darn, is someone behind me?"

And for the Light well, she's a cloud princess that's worried about the dark clouds above her which the work of my Dark witch. They were best friends of course.

Entry #14

medium_preview.png

Poor Gwendolyne! Her pretending to be the bravest in Neopia has gotten her into deep water this time. When the stories began to swirl around the town about a missing child and a ghostly presence haunting the centuries' old mansion on the edge of town, she bragged about how she would simply march right up to that spooky phantom and easily defeat it with her Sword of Fiery Flames. The townspeople, not realizing that it was all talk and no walk, called upon her to send the ghost packing. With everyone cheering her on as she set out for the distant house, she hadn't the courage to tell them she was just play-acting and her sword was only a toy.

medium_preview.png

The spirit waited on the porch steps, waited for a brave hero to come and break the curse that had been placed upon him when he'd come to explore the abandoned mansion. It was just last week, in fact, on a stupid schoolyard dare. When he had climbed up to the porch on the stroke of midnight, a black mist had spread out and enveloped the young Grundo, turning him instantly into a phantom Peophin that could only drift and wail plaintively around the front steps. If only his best friend, Gwendolyne were here. She would know what to do! She knew how to play the best games and she was always so brave. She would find a way to dispel the evil black mist and return him to his normal form.

Entry #15

medium_preview.png

medium_preview.png

Well... At least she still likes flowers... Right?

So pretty o.o

Everyone that enters is so creative. I don't think I'd ever be able to pull something like these off.

So pretty o.o

Everyone that enters is so creative. I don't think I'd ever be able to pull something like these off.

Sure, you can! Just give it a try and have fun. That's the main thing. I'm excited to see what you can do. The next challenge has already been posted, so why not? What have you got to lose but a little time. Go for it! :laughingsmiley:

This was the hardest one to vote on yet. So many are so awesome! It was almost impossible to limit myself to only four. (Yes, that's my personal limit - otherwise, I'd tick off every box. *lol* )

Great work, everyone! It's fantastic to see so many people participating. It's so encouraging to see.

Best of luck to all!

I really loved this contest! It was cool to see how everyone interpreted light/dark

a suggestion of mine for a future round would be a customization with an invisible pet. Or a color themed entry...maybe everyone can chose whatever color they want and they have to build a custom revolving around that color? o.o just thoughts haha

This is one of my favorite themes from the contest so far, and it was fun to enter two customization images as one entry! ^^

Shelley - Sure, both of those themes sound fun! :) The invisible customs would definitely provide a lot of options.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Congratulations to our top 3 voted entries! :D

First place: Sabs, Second place: deboratibi, Third place: Shelley

Awesome job to everyone's creative customization entries! All runner-ups for contest #8 can claim this participation trophy! :) You can link it anywhere you'd like.

participanteight.png

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/PancakesAtTheDisco/participanteight.png

darknova.gifmagic_nova.gif

To represent the dark vs light theme, Yeahlatte has donated Dark Nova/Nova item sets for runner-ups! :) If you would like a set and your Neopet's account is not listed on your profile here, you can mail my account (Sabs).

Contest #9 is open for entries!

http://www.tdnforums...ill-be-a-prize/

Selected theme: Mythological Selected Species/color: Any