Neopets JumpStart transitioning: Changes and Down Time

hrtbrk

A few months ago, Neopets was acquired by a company named JumpStart. Over the past few months, Neopets has been transitioning to their new home. Within the next couple of days there will be some downtime while they progress one step closer to completing the move.

Find all the details you need to know as to what could be affected as well as what will NOT be making the move.

• Downtime: The entire site will come down and move. It will remain offline until the move is complete.
    This include the NC Mall, Premium account management - everything. We will see the Down For Maintenance Pteri until further notice. It is expected to last about two days.

You can keep in touch with the progress through Neopets Twitter or Facebook accounts or stick with us right here at TDN!

Due to the size of the move, Habitarium and Petpet Park will NOT be included as part of Neopets anymore. Rumour has it that Professor Clodbottle will give us a parting gift as a thank you. Since Premium will be offline , expect some Neocash delivered to your account within a few days after the site is back up. Any Neocash items that are affected by the downtime will also be sorted out correctly.

Getting rid of Habi is going to hurt for a lot of us, that was a major source of income for a lot of players. Now I wish I played Habi more D;

I will be a little sad with the loss of Habi but I was already level 50 and bored of it anyway. I've never played Petpet park. The only thing I'm worried about for this is the new Dream/Nightmare Capsules. I want to be able to buy them before their retired dates and get the bonus items still. I hope our NC stuff will be safe :/ And our premium membership.

Unfortunately, because of their size and the work required to migrate them, a couple big things won't be included in this transition.

• Habitarium: Professor Clodbottle is hoping to have a gift for everyone after the move, as a thank you for helping him with his experiments

this is awful !! very upsetting news !! most , if not all , of my income is from habitarium ! guess im not gonna buy that water pb after all and save my NP until they come up with a similar game !!

It's too bad about Habitarium! I'm at level 44 and was really looking forward to hitting level 50 by the end of the week, then being able to chill out and enjoy 100k a day. But I am excited that they're finally making the move. I hope this means lots of fixes in the near future!

get rid of keyquest instead of habi! of course i say that because i play habi and NOT keyquest. pouts.

Lol I think people would be more upset over losing KQ then Habi :P Though you can spend NC on your Habi as well but with KQ people have spent a lot more for the KQ Tokens and a couple of them show dedication to the site. Like the Ylana, AAA and Abigail Tokens. You only got them for participating in those events they were given.

No Neopets for 2 days?? what will I do with my life :laughingsmiley: JK.

Even though I had to stop playing Habi because the lag would make my computer overheat this makes me really sad ;( I was hoping one day I'd be able to play again and save up for something with the earnings, but I guess not /:

Maybe we will get a trophy for it, or an avatar or maybe even a special p3.

KeyQuest is just gone!?! :whaa: I never really got into Habi, but KQ was one of my main sources of NP! At this rate, there're gonna make Neo suck. :sad01_anim: I wonder if they're gonna turn it into another Jumpstart; a little kid's site that makes you buy a membership to do anything.

I haven't played PetPet Park in a while though. I had some NC items on there though; do you think I'll get anything for them? Probably not. :/

I honestly don't see why people aren't more upset about KQ.

I had stopped playing Habitarium during the summer cause I can't risk having my laptop quit on me in this suffocating summer heat, but reading these news now ...darn it all! Off I go to make some neopoints from it while I still can. I'm not glad that we're losing that game (even though I hated it and thought it was extremely boring and repetitive), but since I have a 7 year old account I make quite the profit from Food Club so I won't miss it all too much... . That being said, if I were playing with an account that's only a few months or years old I would be quite upset. I really hope that they release a new game that gives out a nice profit for everyone, regardless of their account age.

Even if we lose the Habiturium, I'm happy they finally seem to be getting near the end of the transition to JumpStart. It will be very interesting to see if they start to implement some of the features and site improvements suggested to them in that JumpStart survey. Time will tell. ;)

KeyQuest is just gone!?! :whaa: I never really got into Habi, but KQ was one of my main sources of NP! At this rate, there're gonna make Neo suck. :sad01_anim: I wonder if they're gonna turn it into another Jumpstart; a little kid's site that makes you buy a membership to do anything.

I haven't played PetPet Park in a while though. I had some NC items on there though; do you think I'll get anything for them? Probably not. :/

I honestly don't see why people aren't more upset about KQ.

KeyQuest will NOT be removed from Neopets. The earlier posts were members' opinions on the topic. Don't worry, KeyQuest is safe for now ^_^

I am super bummed about losing Habitarium. It provides a fairly significant portion of my Neo-Income....one that I do not see being able to recoup elsewhere in Neopia.

I'm glad for the forward movement with Jumpstart...but I think that they could figure out a way to keep Habi. Even if it meant everyone starting from scratch again and rebuilding, I would be totally ok with that. Getting rid of it altogether I am NOT ok with.

/sniffle

:(

I haven't played Habi for about a year... Now I'm sitting here with my 3 little p3s, letting them work their hearts out for the time they've got left. I never used it after hitting level 50, but I think I can safely credit it for boosting my income when I came back to Neopets. <3

as said before, it's a shame that remove the Habi, not came back to play after a while, but feel nostalgic because is gone already, it's like you always think that you will be there but when they tell you that is no more, you'll miss rather, I should have played more.

I hope that with the change fix many things.

PD: i think a avy will be great to remember the Habi :D

Shad.

Glad to see they're making the official switch! Can't wait to see what's in store with the new company

Habi always took so much out of my monthly data usage. I stopped playing, but at least now all temptation will be gone.

Well....looks like I'll be getting ahead with my school work if neo's going down for a bit! lol

Will Dreams and Nightmares Mystery Capsule Adventure be extended two days? It seems to me the Mystery Capsule that's active during the move should have the sale date extended.

As for being without NeoPets for two days...I'm going to go nuts without it. :crying_blow:

I currently have an active Faerie Quest Fortune Cookie. What will happen to the two days I miss the quest? Will it be extended, or am I out of luck?

I know this is going to be kind of a controversial opinion, but I'm actually glad that Habi's going. I feel like it's had a negative effect on the Neopian economy, because with it, it's too easy to make NP and therefore too easy to accomplish goals. I think the lack of challenge has contributed to the site's downfall. If TNT's going to inject some challenge into this site, they need to make it harder to earn NP, and getting rid of Habi is a good start.

Besides, people were leaving the game on 24/7, which is not how the game is meant to be played and must have really hurt the servers.

I'd actually welcome a little break from Neo. Two days isn't that bad. I was thinking of putting my girls on vacation anyway for a couple of days. I hope they don't move Habi too soon. I am so close to the 50 level line.

Still, I'm excited for the big move, and I'd be okay with NC since my preemie account won't be in commission for a couple of days, as long as it's not 100 NC or less or something like that. I'll miss my Habi though. I worked so hard on it, and now it won't even seem to matter. Oh well, there's nothing that complaining can do... maybe I'll give my pets a Habi party to celebrate the retirement of my P3s's hard work. In the meantime, I'll be cleaning out my eggs and get as much exp as I can so I can reach level 50 before the move. It's something I have on my Neo dream list, so I better get to it!