Neopets JumpStart transitioning: Changes and Down Time

hrtbrk

nightfall - They said it will occur at the end of this week or early next week, with a specific time coming soon. Depending on how close you are, you should be able to reach level 50.

I agree with some of the other players - while Habi is really nice, it also is a virtually effortless way to make massive amounts of NP. It doesn't require much skill, only a week or two of dedication to start raking in NP. Also, I agree that people leaving it running 24/7 is probably killing Neo's servers.

I hope they bring back Habi when it settles down :( gonna try keeping it on and earning points until they take it down.

RIP habi

crying 5ever :(

I do like the points made about how Habi can unbalance the economy; I never really thought about it that way. However, I think at the very least habi was a little more accessible to many people compared to something like restocking, where a select few can make many, many more NP than 100 or 200k per day.

Agreed, but I assume that Neopets/JumpStart are aware of it's importance to the economy. I'm hopeful that JumpStart puts out a similar game that has less issues and more progression (cause being stuck at level 50 is boring lol)

This would be uhmazzzing :o

Well, that's unfortunate. Habi is my best NP-making method at the moment. It pays for my daily allotment of codestones for training :sad02:

I'm at least glad we got some advanced notice, so I can get clear out my habi inventory & get as much XP (and therefore NP) as possible before it's gone!

Of course this news comes out the day after I sign up for premium again, haha, I have the worst timing.

This is something that has needed to happen, though, including removing petpark and even habitarium. The petpark feature is barely used and taking up space, and habitarium is extremely glitchy, unfinished, and is also taking up a lot of space on the Neopets server (as several others have pointed out). Hopefully with the time they gain from not having to respond to and fix habitarium related glitches, TNT will be able to finally correct the Lenny Conundrum glitch and get it running again. :laughingsmiley:

So they didn't get rid of KQ; that's one good thing, I guess. But am I the only one that thinks that JS is only taking stuff away? First they make it so only one outfit on a pet's day instead of two, and now this? I don't like where this is going...

They didn't "take it away" as I understand. It's only gone temporarily until they fully transition everything over to Jumpstart servers.

They didn't "take it away" as I understand. It's only gone temporarily until they fully transition everything over to Jumpstart servers.

From the wording, it sounds like Habitarium isn't going to be part of Neopets anymore, since they list it as one of the things that "won't be included in this transition." It's possible that they just mean that Habitarium will be accessible without being part of JumpStart, but since they're moving the entire rest of the site to Jumpstart, that seems unlikely to me.

Mariaelise, I'm level 49, and about 40 something thousand away from level 50. I've conducted some strategy with the hoarding I've done in all my storages, so I'm getting there. Currently working on getting 30 nesters out there to help. Only 3 short at the moment. :) If I stay up all night, I'll probably be level 50 by dawn. It's very possible I'll reach 50 before Thursday. :)

Well, I guess I'll be seeing sunshine for two days :P

So it's been taking this long to finish up everything, hopefully there will be better things to come after the server move. I'll be on the unpopular opinion here too - Habi damaged the Neopian economy too much by basically "botting" the earning of NP. It made the general population complacent in NP-earning, rather than competitive. I'm sad it's going but it'll hopefully give more attention to other aspects of the site where you can earn NP too. Maybe this will help renew interest in those things, because it's slowly dying out.

I'll be intrigued to see what happens to the prices of items without Habi. If the majority of the Neo-population loses their main source of income and don't have the time/skill to earn equivalent amounts through other means, expensive items probably won't be selling as quickly anymore. Will paintbrushes (or whatever) start dropping in price?

I saw on some other sites that people were adamant they screenshot EVERYTHING on their account in case something happens... do y'all think it's really necessary? Should we be worried about data/info/item/etc loss? :S

And I'll miss my habi for sure :( :( :( :sad02:

Perhaps the removal of Habitarium will prove to be a good thing for Neopet's economy. If the minigame indeed provides such easy money, prices would simply inflate to compensate for the increase of neopoints - rare items don't spawn any faster. In addition to suffering the consequences of inflation, a player would have to run Habitarium all day simply to make as many Neopoints as the next Neopets player. Habitarium is simply not feasible as a long term solution of closing the gap between the Neo-rich and the Neo-poor; it's foolish to print more money to end a recession.

Yes, easy money is nice, but this money comes at the expense of the health of Neopets and its economy.

I'm a little sad about habi, but it'll be one less thing occupying my time and encouraging me to procrastinate rather then doing things I need to do.

I know what I'll be doing on the two days of downtime.... potty training my 3 year old. Let's see if we can get it down in two days by spending all day reading books and painting nails in the bathroom. :D

I also have several photo projects I need to complete so I shall take the neo down time as a much needed break. :D

Habi was usually buggy & glitchy for a lot of people, but KQ is buggy & glitchy for me. I gave up on Habi a while back, can't honestly say I'll miss it (although I liked that it was like StarCraft in a sense).

I guess I'm the only person *slightly* disappointed about petpet park. I don't play it, but my 7 year old niece liked playing it from time to time. Sad to have to tell her that she can't go visit her little dude anymore. It'll probably be a bummer for other people, too, because the game was WAY more focused on NC than neopets, and I'm sure people have dropped a decent amount of money into the game.

I saw on some other sites that people were adamant they screenshot EVERYTHING on their account in case something happens... do y'all think it's really necessary? Should we be worried about data/info/item/etc loss? :S

And I'll miss my habi for sure :( :( :( :sad02:

Great...as if I'm not already paranoid enough about my account getting frozen, I hadn't thought about all my stuff vanishing! Seems like they would have a way to prevent this, so it probably isn't necessary, but it couldn't hurt to screenshot the important stuff and then delete it later, if you're worried about it.

eek ok Im very nervous about this move!

I have been on neo for 12 years and I am scared that things could easily go wrong with the move..people lose accounts etc eek eek eek runs round in circles hyperventilating ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG

AND no habi ,,,, but but but :sad02: what about all my little guys they will be GONE! argggg its a nightmare and I hate it !!!

Man, I've never played petpet park, but I'm level 42 on Habi (as of tonight) and I figure I'm going to do as much there as I can before the transition. Maybe get some extra NP for leveling before they shut it down.

Who knows? Perhaps Jumpstart will have some other way to make NP? I wish I had played Habi a bit more. For some time all I've really done is check on it to collect the gems the p3s drop after they've lived their short existences. ^^; Because I figured it would be around for a LOOOOOOOONG time, I guess it wasn't long for the virtual world. ;)

That being said. I HOPE Jumpstart has new ideas for gamers like me who RELY on games for NP. Maybe they could improve habitarium someday. Like, allow players to rotate the stage to have easier access behind buildings and stuff! But seriously, gamers IMHO are at a real disadvantage in making NP when it's just from games. You can only play so many, so many times before getting utterly bored and disgusted with them. And some of the fluctuations for game payout ratios are absolutely INSANE imho. Too blasted high! I think there should be a range of ratios that's actually based on the difficulty votes for a game. But in such a way that a bunch of players labeling a game too hard to too easy for personal gain can't be done to unbalance the ratio decisions.

Just a few thoughts. :)

AJ11, I'm a bit worried about the move too. Maybe we should all take and save some screenshots to our comps of our accounts. SO if anything IS wrong. we have images to help TNT sort things out! At least that's what I'm THINKING about doing! ;)

Does anyone know exactly when this is happening? I think I will go and do a load of screenshots just to be on the safe side though I am super nervous about this, I doubt it can go totally smoothly its too big a thing to do and have it all go perfectly IMHO

Also can anyone advise on the screenshots we should take

so far I have made screenshots of:

my bank

battle pet stats and equipment

special items in SDB

trophies - main page

What is best to do with things I am trading? Take them down and put the items in SDB or leave them? any thoughts??

Grrrrr, I just invested a bunch of time over the summer getting my Habi up to level 50. And then school just started up so I was trying to be a good student and not spend a bunch of time on Neopets or Habitarium.
But it sounds like they're not keeping Habi with the move and all...so I guess I better get mine up and running for one last hurrah!