Neopets JumpStart transitioning: Changes and Down Time

hrtbrk

btw, i know it makes people feel better to take these precautions, so feel free to do whatever you like. but even if TNT messed up and things in people's accounts were lost, screenshots can be doctored and i highly doubt they would accept them as proof of anything.

You're completely right - and seeing how it is very unlikely that only a few people will lose items & instead, many people - they will probably just have to clean the slate and say that no one is getting their items back.

btw, i know it makes people feel better to take these precautions, so feel free to do whatever you like. but even if TNT messed up and things in people's accounts were lost, screenshots can be doctored and i highly doubt they would accept them as proof of anything.

You know, I was thinking about this. They have no way of actually knowing whether you SS'd your SDB or SS'd your SDB and then overlayed every seasonal attack pea in neopia over the squares. Screenies may make us feel better but I just gave up because I figured it wasn't worth it. I really don't foresee any problems though.

I think the fact that they are actually going to be offline for two days is safer than if they weren't.

Instead of trying to awkwardly keeping everything live, they can double & triple check that everything is fine, and it gives them more time and wiggle-room to get things right.

There's probably been closer calls to us losing all our information & item which we weren't even aware of because of the lack of shut down.

I made it to level 33 on teh Habi this morning. I will be sorry when it's gone. I've worked hard to earn NP's that way, since I am not too good at the games.

Then again, I will get a LOT of work done at work, since I won't be playing Habi.

I actually got quite sad when I heard Habi was being discontinued... even though I haven't played it in ages, I used to really enjoy watching those little dudes so hard at work. Plus all the lovely NP they brought me :) I deleted all my eggs today, so sad!

I was so surprised! It had seemed like they were investing a lot of time into it, and it really wasn't even old! But I suppose Jumpstart may not have found it appealing. It's a shame, because those things added more variety to the universe. I'm glad I came on to read about it, I almost hadn't. (I haven't been on Neo a lot lately). Also, to all of those who claim Habitarium affected Neopets' economy ... I always feel like for restockers or people who like that stuff, they always want others who invest their time in their way of playing the games then complain if there's an "easy" or I believe, different way to obtain NP. Then they complain. It actually really urks me. Inflation happens. Everyone gets their NP in different ways. Habitarium was an income which is now sliced and it probably isn't fair. If this had been some other part of the site which those who didn't use Habitarium gained their profits, I'm certain they would be equally upset! I found it quite fair.

It's sad that they're doing away with Habi. I had to log in just now. Although I raaaarely played, I don't want my 3 PPP to vanish whilst still active, so I'm gonna put them into their house to sleep. That way they will be comfortable when their world disappears.

*sad*

It's sad that they're doing away with Habi. I had to log in just now. Although I raaaarely played, I don't want my 3 PPP to vanish whilst still active, so I'm gonna put them into their house to sleep. That way they will be comfortable when their world disappears.

*sad*

This is the saddest thing I've ever heard..

Although, personally I think they won't get missing or die, but instead just get set free into neopia again, ready to be found and attached to a petpet.

.....that's what I'm telling myself anyway...

I always feel like for restockers or people who like that stuff, they always want others who invest their time in their way of playing the games then complain if there's an "easy" or I believe, different way to obtain NP. Then they complain. It actually really urks me. Inflation happens. Everyone gets their NP in different ways. Habitarium was an income which is now sliced and it probably isn't fair. If this had been some other part of the site which those who didn't use Habitarium gained their profits, I'm certain they would be equally upset! I found it quite fair.

I've never had a problem with people whose NP income mostly came from Habitarium, but let's be honest, once you reach level 50, it is easy money. There's nowhere else on the site where you earn the most profit by simply letting your computer run for hours. Frankly, before they announced that Habitarium couldn't be included in the transition, I never saw anyone claim Habitarium wasn't a fair way to earn money. I think people are only mentioning that it's a really passive way to earn NP now because their attitude (and mine) is that it's probably for the best that JumpStart won't be able to support it.

I've never had a problem with people whose NP income mostly came from Habitarium, but let's be honest, once you reach level 50, it is easy money. There's nowhere else on the site where you earn the most profit by simply letting your computer run for hours. Frankly, before they announced that Habitarium couldn't be included in the transition, I never saw anyone claim Habitarium wasn't a fair way to earn money. I think people are only mentioning that it's a really passive way to earn NP now because their attitude (and mine) is that it's probably for the best that JumpStart won't be able to support it.

Regardless, I think the main reason is simply as stated: too much work to transfer.

This is the saddest thing I've ever heard..

Although, personally I think they won't get missing or die, but instead just get set free into neopia again, ready to be found and attached to a petpet.

.....that's what I'm telling myself anyway...

That's a good way to think of it!

I play a horse and dog breeding sim and I never delete unwanted animals without naming them first. No idea why, though. Haha!

OK, it's officially Monday, 09/15/2014. My Habi is still going...I'm *almost* to level 34, come on!

I will be very sad when the Habi is over. Sadder when Neopets goes down, for what, a day or two?

Why did they transfer servers in the first place? It's basically the same website. It just doesn't have Habi or Petpet Park anymore. I'm not very smart when it comes to servers.

I noticed NP is back and Habi is still there. Did they do the shift yet? :weird:

red_oops.gif

Error: Thanks for visiting Prof. Milton Clodbottle's Astounding Habitarium! The game is temporaily offline for maintenance.

Why did they transfer servers in the first place? It's basically the same website. It just doesn't have Habi or Petpet Park anymore. I'm not very smart when it comes to servers.

Neopets was sold from Viacom to Jumpstart a few months ago, and Jumpstart is not based on the same place as Viacom, so they had to move.