I got something at the Coincidence!

Guest awkwardnormalcy

Guest awkwardnormalcy

So I was bored at work and I participated in The Coincidence after like a month if ignoring it because of insanely costly items, but today everything was below 10 NP and I actually got something from it for the first time!

An electric current seems to fill the room. When everything has settled, you see that there is something different about robeta674. It looks like their attack has gone up by 3!

Has anyone else had any luck with it recently?

The Coincidence hates me - I only ever get costly items & results which are so awful, I have completely forgotten what happened.

For now I'm pretty much ignoring it, but I should probably start doing what you did: checking to see if the items are dirt cheap & trying my luck.

Congrats on the attack increase, that's probably one of the few things I'd actually celebrate /laughs.

That's usually what I do... only do it if the items are cheap, or if I have some laying around.
I have actually gotten my defense bumped by 9, and by 10. I couldn't believe it! So, now I check it at least every day.

Guest awkwardnormalcy

That's usually what I do... only do it if the items are cheap, or if I have some laying around.

I have actually gotten my defense bumped by 9, and by 10. I couldn't believe it! So, now I check it at least every day.

Whoah, that is a lot to have it raised by! I bet you saved a lot of money if the items weren't too bad.

The Coincidence hates me - I only ever get costly items & results which are so awful, I have completely forgotten what happened.

For now I'm pretty much ignoring it, but I should probably start doing what you did: checking to see if the items are dirt cheap & trying my luck.

Congrats on the attack increase, that's probably one of the few things I'd actually celebrate /laughs.

Merci~ I did it every day for a couple of weeks and wasted so many points getting nothing, but definitely check on it, you never know, you might actually already have some of them, they are such a bizarre selection of items normally.

Whoah, that is a lot to have it raised by! I bet you saved a lot of money if the items weren't too bad.

Merci~ I did it every day for a couple of weeks and wasted so many points getting nothing, but definitely check on it, you never know, you might actually already have some of them, they are such a bizarre selection of items normally.

I just checked it now, and the items kinda' expensive, so I'm not gonna' bother, but I'll definitely check again soon.

The best event I have ever got from the Random Events Machine is an Aboogala that I traded for 400k and recently my battle pet Leonirus' hit points were increased by 5. :D I always do that daily as long as I already have the items he asks for and/or the items aren't outrageously expensive. That crazy Lutari doesn't have the most entertaining daily, but it sure is worthwhile to try that machine of his, some prizes are great after all. :)

People always report getting stat increases and rare items. All I ever get is a machine that doesn't work.

I suppose on the flip side, after hearing that people also get stat decreases that I should be happy I wasted my time and NP to get nothing rather than a negative side effect.

I do enjoy that it usually inspires another "Something Has Happened" which typically results in a Bank Error or food falling from the sky... Well, an Alien Aisha once handed me an anchovy loaf. Idk if that's good or bad...

EDIT: Volcanic Rock x3, Scrawnyfish x3, & Dried Apricots x1 = The apricots alone are almost 7k. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND Dr Landelbrot? Me thinks so.

I have yet to get positive stat changes. Usually, I get negative-- and usually when that happens I have my BD pet as my active. -facepalm-

However I have gotten 2 p3's from it so far; and sold them both for about 750k all together. So, that more then makes up for the cost of retraining.

I got a paint brush worth 400k from the coincidence today and I only paid 5 np for the stuff

Whoah! Nice.

I usually do the quest if the total item cost is <1000NP. Each stat increase costs me about 21k if I train it myself, so it's definitely worth it even if I only win rarely.

Whoah! Nice.

I usually do the quest if the total item cost is <1000NP. Each stat increase costs me about 21k if I train it myself, so it's definitely worth it even if I only win rarely.

Same here! As long as none of the items that are still pricey since the initial inflation after the Coincidence was introduced are being asked for (looking at you, Yellow Growth/Stagnant Puddle of Water/Box of Wheat Flakes), I generally do it.

I've gotten a lot of "nothing happened" results, and several stat decreases, but I have also gotten a +10 stat increase and a petpetpet, so it's worth it at the end of the day!

In sheer gratitude for getting the crazy Dr: Square Gelatin Cube (x1), Baba care (x2) and Tuskaninny Treasure (x1) I got the following Something Has Happened message:
"Nothing happens. Nothing at all. You think. You check the bottom of your shoes for squashed butterflies, but find nothing."
RUDE! It was only 100nps down the drain but still, not a pleasing result. But often when I do The Coincedence, I end up with another "Something Has Happened" throughout the day and it's usually a positive one. I'll come back and edit with whatever happens. ;)
EDIT: "The Spider Grundo drops down from a nearby tree and stares at you..."

Well, that was...eventful!