The Black Pteri

LitheOhm

My pet:
LVL: 31
HP: 61
STR: 62
DEF: 60
INT: 153

Equipment: Sun and Moon Chakram (x2), Parchment Cloak, Oasis Tonic.

Could include Ancient Lupe Wand but would prefer not to due to fragility/cost. Sure it's not much but I'd rather not lose money on repetitively fighting TBP (gathering prize data).

Attempt #1 My pet got stomped. Already looking to upgrade my healer to greater or helm. Any other advice? Maybe a shield? Although it seems like the Parchment Cloak was practically made for this challenger, leaving few holes.

I would probably work on your HP a bit more if you're having a hard time :) Have you read our Battlepedia's Black Pteri Guide? It has some weapons recommendations, as well as recommended stats. From what I can see, you do lack a freezer, so that might be hurting your battle.

Also, I really, really recommend Lens Flare (level 50 faerie ability) as it makes battles so much easier. Level 50 really isn't that hard to get anymore, given how much cheaper codestones are these days.

k. I'll get level up some more before working on HP then. I did read the guide, but forgot to grab a gilded hammer -- thank you. I did grab the parchment cloak a couple of months ago and have been dutifully reading my pet books lol. Will keep that in mind about the freezer. The Ancient Lupe Wand isn't that expensive, anyway.

Before getting over lvl 40 I am planning to max out my other stats, and save on codestones. I sold off a lot of mine a few weeks ago and still haven't recovered stock all that much :-/

I would probably work on your HP a bit more if you're having a hard time :) Have you read our Battlepedia's Black Pteri Guide? It has some weapons recommendations, as well as recommended stats. From what I can see, you do lack a freezer, so that might be hurting your battle.

Also, I really, really recommend Lens Flare (level 50 faerie ability) as it makes battles so much easier. Level 50 really isn't that hard to get anymore, given how much cheaper codestones are these days.

My pet:

LVL: 31

HP: 61

STR: 62

DEF: 60

INT: 153

Equipment: Sun and Moon Chakram (x2), Parchment Cloak, Oasis Tonic.

Could include Ancient Lupe Wand but would prefer not to due to fragility/cost. Sure it's not much but I'd rather not lose money on repetitively fighting TBP (gathering prize data).

Attempt #1 My pet got stomped. Already looking to upgrade my healer to greater or helm. Any other advice? Maybe a shield? Although it seems like the Parchment Cloak was practically made for this challenger, leaving few holes.

You definitely need to level up to 50 and get lens flare. Also work on your Hps before challenging him again. The earthen scorchstone blocks a lot of his weapons and is fairly cheap. I would also grab a scroll of ultranova and a ridiculously heavy battle hammer for your battle set. The scroll puts out 11 icons of damage and you can get it under 100 nps. The hammer puts out 9 constant and you can get that for less than 10 nps. Work on those things and you should beat him with no problem.

My rule of thumb, I never fight an opponent with more than 10hps more than I have. I have 131 hps level 66. So I won't fight anyone higher than 140 hps. Just fyi.