Nay for Biting

frozenpancakes

That sounds like a version of trichotillomania, which is compulsive picking, pretty much. I compulsively pull my eyebrows, eyelashes, pick at my lips, and bite my nails. I think really the only way to stop is to try to become conscious of when you're doing it and try to do something else. Come up with something else to do. In your case maybe chew gum, because it seems to be a biting thing. With my picking I try to wear jewelry I can play with instead of pulling. Here's a website that might have some helpful info:

http://www.trich.org/

It'll be hard to stop, I've been working on it for years. But that doesn't mean it won't get better. I used to pick so much it looked like I didn't have eyebrows, but I've gotten better at paying attention and doing other things, and now I do have my eyebrows all the time. I'm working on all the others. It can get better :) You can message me if you want to talk about it more :)

Ahh yes, dermatillomania, the evil twin of trich. I know I have it but thank you for the info! Trichotillomania is generally used for hair pulling, while dermatillomania is skin picking. I just say skin picking because most people can figure out what that means, haha.

I always had a problem with biting my nails when i was a kid. Then I started filing them neurotically to stop it. It worked, but now I bite my lips and the insides of my cheeks. I've tried my best to stop, but it's so hard. I feel you man.