Account Improvement

DeepInTheMeadow

Seeing as account improvement is enormous in Neopia now, I thought it would be great to have a thread where we can discuss our account improvement goals, guilds and guides. In general, the idea of this thread is to help other folks get "well-rounded" accounts--avatars, trophies, pets, etc.
P.S It would be amazing if this board was important enough to be pinned so we can all come here to chat about our accounts.

I'm trying to get my neodeck sorted to at least 200, and then I'm going to put a lot of energy behind my pets so their characters stories are written up.

Then I'll have to finally get on the customisation train.

People just don't see your account as looked after without it now.

I'd like to add a couple more trophies to my look-up; starting with the art gallery one. During my neo-off time, i plan on working towards that goal. Starting in a few minutes, actually. :laughingsmiley:

Good luck on achieving all your goals...

I'm trying to get my neodeck sorted to at least 200, and then I'm going to put a lot of energy behind my pets so their characters stories are written up.

Then I'll have to finally get on the customisation train.

People just don't see your account as looked after without it now.

I've never thought much about putting cards into the neodeck even though it's been around as long as I have. I think avatars, trophies and Stamps are more the thing right now because so many of them are expensive. I'm a fan of the creepy stuff (I have a whole gallery devoted to it) so I think I'm going to do the whole Haunted Woods page and then maybe the Faerieland one as well but I'm not going to do all the collections. That's just too much even if it does get you avatars.

I'm spending the whole few days off doing exactly what you're doing, developing my newest neopets personality. I've had a few of them down for awhile. I've never made ones for some of my side pets so I'm gonna refine and perfect Trixy's because I have that started. Out of 8 pets I have 3 on lockdown, Trixy's will make 4 and then I've got 2 that need some tiding up and another 2 I haven't even started. One will be kind of hard because I use it to track my food club bets. I'll have to stick to just making his look-up nice haha.

I'd like to add a couple more trophies to my look-up; starting with the art gallery one. During my neo-off time, i plan on working towards that goal. Starting in a few minutes, actually. :laughingsmiley:

Good luck on achieving all your goals...

TROPHIES! This is exactly where I am going with the whole pet refining thing, making their look ups nice, perfecting their stories - I plan on entering Trixy into the beauty contest once I make her a Faerie Poogle - I've been waiting to finish one more lab ray cookie and then it's morphing potion time! I'm kind of hoping that my FQ cookie will give me a FFQ but that's doubtful. I'd love to make my plushie poogle a dream come true since Faerie Poogle is a reality instead of a dream haha.

I'd also like to feed one kad, just to get the trophy. I don't have the money or the time nor the desire to do enough to get the avatar although that would be pretty sweet. I feel like it's just too hard to accomplish.

I'd also like to feed one kad, just to get the trophy. I don't have the money or the time nor the desire to do enough to get the avatar although that would be pretty sweet. I feel like it's just too hard to accomplish.

Good luck with kadding! I can't bring myself to even try, it just looks like such a pain, even when you follow the kadding topics on the boards. At least I will be one less person in competition with you! :laughingsmiley:

Another thing that's less looked at but still makes your account look better is having a pet that's obviously been trained for the battledome. I'm starting to use Faerie Quest Cookies to help me with this, since i'm tired of shelling out three codestones just to raise a stat by a single point, and the lab ray tends to lower my battle pet's stats, which is especially obnoxious when you'd been using codestones to boost them.

I do think that trophies, avatars, and customization are mainly what people consider when they're looking over someone else's account. I managed to get a trophy for Hannah and the Pirate Caves just by sending an avatar-level score, probably because not so many people play it, so that could be one worth trying for. Personally, I'm going to make myself finish NeoQuest I when the site's back up - it's worth the trophy and the however much NP. Generally speaking for customization, I think you're generally okay if your pets all have backgrounds and clothes that don't cost 1 NP - then again, I'm not the most critical judge of other people's customized pets, so maybe take what I say with a grain of salt, haha!

Seeing as account improvement is enormous in Neopia now, I thought it would be great to have a thread where we can discuss our account improvement goals, guilds and guides. In general, the idea of this thread is to help other folks get "well-rounded" accounts--avatars, trophies, pets, etc.

P.S It would be amazing if this board was important enough to be pinned so we can all come here to chat about our accounts.

Don't forget to mention that players play Neopets for themselves! I couldn't care less about what another player believes a "good account" is, but other players may succumb to this social pressure and slide down the slippery slope of playing merely for the recognition of others.

I think getting easy avatars and trophies is fun; however, I prefer customizing and perfecting pets with the little time I have. I appreciate the heart and soul that went into creating Nayarra, which you can see through the name and her customization. To me, account perfection is closely related to my pets. With enough neopoints, I would like to try my hand in the clubs, Battledome, and the spotlights. That is simply how I enjoy the game and may not apply to everyone.

Don't forget to mention that players play Neopets for themselves! I couldn't care less about what another player believes a "good account" is, but other players may succumb to this social pressure and slide down the slippery slope of playing merely for the recognition of others.

I think getting easy avatars and trophies is fun; however, I prefer customizing and perfecting pets with the little time I have. I appreciate the heart and soul that went into creating Nayarra, which you can see through the name and her customization. To me, account perfection is closely related to my pets. With enough neopoints, I would like to try my hand in the clubs, Battledome, and the spotlights. That is simply how I enjoy the game and may not apply to everyone.

I don't think anyone is improving their account just to get neopets street cred or whatever. Account improvement is just helpful when you want to join a guild that has requirements, or for users seeking to borrow items/pets from other users - and of course, there's a third reason: that it can be a lot of fun. Neopets is a pretty versatile site, so just as you enjoy certain parts of the site, others can enjoy different aspects without it being a result of 'peer pressure'. I get bored after fussing with customization for too long (I'm not very creative); for me it's more fun to have goals and try to achieve them. That doesn't mean everyone should play this way, it's just what some people prefer, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I've never thought much about putting cards into the neodeck even though it's been around as long as I have. I think avatars, trophies and Stamps are more the thing right now because so many of them are expensive. I'm a fan of the creepy stuff (I have a whole gallery devoted to it) so I think I'm going to do the whole Haunted Woods page and then maybe the Faerieland one as well but I'm not going to do all the collections. That's just too much even if it does get you avatars.

I'm spending the whole few days off doing exactly what you're doing, developing my newest neopets personality. I've had a few of them down for awhile. I've never made ones for some of my side pets so I'm gonna refine and perfect Trixy's because I have that started. Out of 8 pets I have 3 on lockdown, Trixy's will make 4 and then I've got 2 that need some tiding up and another 2 I haven't even started. One will be kind of hard because I use it to track my food club bets. I'll have to stick to just making his look-up nice haha.

TROPHIES! This is exactly where I am going with the whole pet refining thing, making their look ups nice, perfecting their stories - I plan on entering Trixy into the beauty contest once I make her a Faerie Poogle - I've been waiting to finish one more lab ray cookie and then it's morphing potion time! I'm kind of hoping that my FQ cookie will give me a FFQ but that's doubtful. I'd love to make my plushie poogle a dream come true since Faerie Poogle is a reality instead of a dream haha.

I like neocards, I collected them before things like gallaries existed, so it was one of the few ways you could show off your collecting behaviours.

I sold them all for collat about 2 years ago, and am now going back through to collect them again.

I'm not really interested in the 'reputation' side of it, it's just so much fun!! -seeing high numbers of avatars, lines of trophies that complement my lookup. I agree with slavecrown over the customizing part. I don't enjoy it much, I'm not a greatly creative person so neopoints goals my motivate me far more. I'd be glad to have a board where I can discuss and help others, look for guilds and just generally hang out while enjoying improving my account. This is definitelyly my opinion though, feel free to disagree :)

My own goals are:

Reach 200 avatars

Reach 100 stamps and 100 neo deck cards

Shop size 100

1 line of game trophies

I think I just want to have enough NP to paint all my pets the colors I desire (I need 3 pb's that are ridiculous expensive right now) and train them all to 50 on all stats at least and then I'll probably just focus on NP generating for the stamps and of course to feed kads so I can get that one kad fed and have a cute little kad on my lookup.

My goals would probably to be to earn enough neopoints to have my dream pets & the Adam avatar. And maybe get most of the avatars that aren't retired :)

I think I just want to have enough NP to paint all my pets the colors I desire (I need 3 pb's that are ridiculous expensive right now) and train them all to 50 on all stats at least and then I'll probably just focus on NP generating for the stamps and of course to feed kads so I can get that one kad fed and have a cute little kad on my lookup.

Yeah, I really just want that first kad fed.

In the long run I wanna' go for the trophy, but that's a bit of a long term goal, for now I just want that initial trophy.

Kad feeding is seriously the most addictive thing on Neo for me. I've only fed one, because I was spending so much time 'Living in 7-miute intervals' that I wasn't focused on my goal but as soon as I make my NP goal, I'm going back in!!!!

My goals would probably to be to earn enough neopoints to have my dream pets & the Adam avatar. And maybe get most of the avatars that aren't retired :)

I love the Adam avatar simple because you don't have to spend your NP on it- you just have to have the right amount :P

Can I do a mini advertisement for /~ZYDP? Please post your dream pet there because this is where all zappers check(including me) when I zap a new colour.

Kad feeding is seriously the most addictive thing on Neo for me. I've only fed one, because I was spending so much time 'Living in 7-miute intervals' that I wasn't focused on my goal but as soon as I make my NP goal, I'm going back in!!!!

I love the Adam avatar simple because you don't have to spend your NP on it- you just have to have the right amount :P

Can I do a mini advertisement for /~ZYDP? Please post your dream pet there because this is where all zappers check(including me) when I zap a new colour.

I might list my dream pet on there (I'd have to wait until my account lets me back in) but feel like everyone is waiting for a pea chia.