Primary forms of Neo Income?

Guest awkwardnormalcy

Guest awkwardnormalcy

So since Habi is going away I wanted to ask people what their Primary Forms of NeoIncome are instead of Habitarium, or if you relied on Habitarium what do you plan on switching to? I relied on Habi for the most part, but I also do Battledome and Snow Faerie quests and sell what I get from those.

It's only really a decent income genarator if you've got an older account, but food club is fantastic.

Get up a guide (like /~myfoodclubbets ) and follow the bets if you're not comfortable making your own.

That's how I did it.

Also, flash games.

If I'm bumping a board or something like that, I'll find games that have a pause button/no timer, and just send score three times on each.

You'll be surprised how much you'll make in an hour if you multi-task.

I also do my 1000 stocks a day, battledome until I get my item limit, all the dailies, and I love KQ! I try to read my pet as many books as I can, so I hang out in the book shops...I almost never find the books he hasn't read, but I can find books I can make a profit from, so I get some NP from that, too.

Guest awkwardnormalcy

I also do my 1000 stocks a day, battledome until I get my item limit, all the dailies, and I love KQ! I try to read my pet as many books as I can, so I hang out in the book shops...I almost never find the books he hasn't read, but I can find books I can make a profit from, so I get some NP from that, too.

The battledome has been a pretty good income generator since its revamp, and I also do stocks and play KQ.

I should really get into food club though since people always talk about it being so awesome! I just don't like gambling haha, it makes me nervous :P

I typically would play Food Club, fight in the BD, and also play my ten games of KQ and I would earn 100,000 - 200,000 NP daily (or more if Food Club does exemplary).

Alright so what I've gathered from this is that I need to start playing KeyQuest once it comes back :P but I play a lot of Neopets at work once we slow down (like now) and don't you get penalized if you take too long on a turn or something?

Alright so what I've gathered from this is that I need to start playing KeyQuest once it comes back :P but I play a lot of Neopets at work once we slow down (like now) and don't you get penalized if you take too long on a turn or something?

When its your turn I think you have 15 seconds to roll the dice before your turn is skipped. I've had my turns skipped before, its not a huge deal, but if you're skipped a couple times the game ends. There are some points in the game you can maybe get away with a VERY brief break from it, but probably not as much time as you would need to do work stuff.

KQ has always been too glitchy for me but hopefully that changes once it switches over. I like to find people who like to do 5k games. Habi was a big portion but Food Club is my jam. Habi just supplemented my FC bets & the dent codestones made in my bank account.

I kept a spreedsheet of my income just before they announced Habi's demise. Between my dailies, battledome, Food Club & Habi (I'm talking pure NP, not including items sold) I made 1.8 million in one week and that included 3 days of no profit from FC.

I made 34k from dailies, 10.5k from the battledome (which is what everyone makes btw), 1mil in FC winnings and 486k from Habitarium.

Keep in mind that I don't sell codestones or the occassional armoured negg I get while battling but keep those for my pet. I'm basically hoarding the red ones until my pet can use the secret school. I only sell the other stuff like faeries and neocola tokens.

I also didn't include the amount of NP spent on Food Club bets. It's roughly 60k per day so I say I spent 420k on bets & either say what I made in Habi countered my FC bets or say I only made 600k that week out of FC.

Either way I am interested to see how my spreadsheet changes sans habi. I plan on keeping track of my expenses, money made from my shop AND incorperating game scores (which I didn't include but one day I did a rough estimate and could only make 5k off of my 3 best games) to see what I actually make. Bottom line is I am going to miss habitarium the same way a chocolate addicted diabetic misses a three tier dark and milk chocolate cake.

KQ has always been too glitchy for me but hopefully that changes once it switches over.

Ugh, same here. I used to be able to play it on my old computer, but I can't play it without the minigames crashing on my brand new laptop, which is ridiculous. Maybe this would change if I switched browsers, but that idea only occurred to me yesterday, so I didn't have a chance to experiment with it. Hopefully there will be less bugs after the transition.

I use the Food Club and the Battledome. Sandrea has done a great job in the Cosmic Dome last week! Six nerkmids! :)

Do you usually battle Jetsam Ace or the Giant Space Fungus? I've tried against Jetsam Ace a few times but he's never given me a nerkmid, so I gave up.

Personally I get my NP from various flash games (I usually use this list), Neggsweeper, Sahkmet Solitaire, restocking, and the Battledome. I don't bet in Food Club anymore because I usually forget to check my winnings :laughingsmiley:

I never really played Habitatarium at all. I usually use a combination of 4 or 5 games a day, Keyquest and the Battledome. I make sure I use all 10 KQ a day and sell the prizes in my shop and through the TP. Dailies also help raise small amounts of np and I am sometimes lucky enough to be given random amounts of np and items from the Space Faerie. :)

The battledome has been a pretty good income generator since its revamp, and I also do stocks and play KQ.

I should really get into food club though since people always talk about it being so awesome! I just don't like gambling haha, it makes me nervous :P

Do you mean stockmarket?

As I feel like that's WAY more risky than food club if you follow bets.

I'm not really into the stock market, I should probably go check if I even have stocks when I get back.

Do you mean stockmarket?

As I feel like that's WAY more risky than food club if you follow bets.

I'm not really into the stock market, I should probably go check if I even have stocks when I get back.

Actually, the stock market is way less risky than Food Club - you just have to be patient enough to let your stocks rise in value, which is why I rarely buy stocks (I can be extremely impatient). It's generally accepted that it's best to only buy stocks that are valued at fifteen and not sell until they reach at least 30. If you buy 1,000 stocks (which is another thing that's usually suggested), that's a 15K profit, albeit probably a slow-to-earn one.

I tried battledome once, 10 years ago and got hopelessly confused. How do you learn it? Sorry to sound stupid

You don't sound stupid! Battledome can take some getting used to, but it's a lot more user-friendly these days. I'm not really prepared to give you very helpful advice - fighting in the battledome was something I learned over time - but TDN's articles are a good place to start if you're interested. I'm sure other people here on here will be willing to help you out as well, it's just easier to answer questions that are a little more specific.

Until semi-recently, I've been big on playing games for NP. Before Habi and most of the time during, that was my main income source. I have a lot of downtime at work, so the games kept me busy and got me NP. I also battle in the premium BD every day and sell any nerkmids I get. Some days I don't get any, but other days I'll get 2-3 which is a big boost. I also sell various things from my dailies that aren't junk items and I sometime restock at the Igloo Garage Sale.

I'd love premium if only for the nerkmids, not a reality right now, so I focus mainly on games, KQ ,my shop, battling and the Faerieland employment agency. I'm not making much though, so it may be best not to follow what I'm doing currently. FC is also a great income and stocks bring in $$$$$.

Habi was never really my primary source of income, I've made NP before Habi and I can make NP well after Habi :P

When I am playing Neopets actively, I play Flash Games to earn NP. I normally check our Dailies page to see which games are worth playing for NP and generally earn about 30k/day if I am just playing to pass the time. KeyQuest is also a good NP-earner though I only play it when my friends are on, which isn't as often anymore, but it's a good place to get lots of extra NP.

Other, "less active" ways to earn NP: Food Club (Any account over 6 years should earn a good amount of NP. Easy NP but quite risky if you like to play the odds), Stock Market (it's better than dumping everything into the bank! Slow, but high interest value) and Battledome (I average about 6-7 codestones a day, 2 of which are red; I use these to supplement training though so not a lot of NP earned for me). My bank interest is enough to cover my FCBs and Stock buy for the day, so when I really don't have time, I don't need to do any extra work to earn that NP.

I used to restock a lot (back in 2009-2011) when my internet connection was fast, and the good shops weren't known to many people :P So I made bulk of my income from that time. These days, though, I normally just stalk the AAA and buy a LOT of trousers :shiftyeyes_anim: and other such ridiculous and profitable things. During a good day I'll gross about 200-500k from it, but if it's a trousers kind of day, only about 100k.

Food Club is a betting game - you bet on pirates who battle in arenas to see who can eat the most food for the round. We have a guide here to understand how betting works. It's kind of hard to explain in just one sitting, so you'll have to try and read the whole guide :P Basically, you bet X amount of NP on a set of pirates, and if they win, you get your NP multiplied based on the odds you've bet on. It's highly profitable especially if you either 1) know what you're doing, or 2) follow someone else's bets who knows what they're doing.

I am really going to miss the Habi, but I discovered Food Club last year, and have made millions. My account isn't that that old, I just follow Hugo's bets (myfoodclubbets). I have been very disappointed in stocks lately, I usually wait until they hit at least 60 though. And what has happened to the Almost Abandoned Attic? I used to get great books and gourmet food, but it is packed with worthless weapons and give away items.