What Lurks in YOUR SDB?

carlyle

*ominous music plays in the background*

It is every Neopian's most closely guarded secret...

It is a space where items, including petpets, may never see the light of day again...

It is something that could contain the world of Neopets and every item in it...
It is the final stronghold of humanity during the hour of reckoning...

Of course, I am talking about the Safety Deposit Box. *cue cymbals*

What dwells within your box? What could possibly be so horrid that you simply refuse to display it on your gallery? Tell me - is there something that humankind is better off not knowing?

For me, I keep random dubloons, codestones, and oddities I find to fuel Nayarra's battledome habit. :laughingsmiley:

It's just been sooo long I can hardly even remember....almost 12 hours now...

Ok, kidding...my SDB is largely junk that I have no good reason to keep. I basically pile up stuff in my inventory and then quickstock it all into my SDB. I only take stuff out if I'm going to use it or sell it, otherwise pretty much everything I get around the site just sits in there. I have old advent calendar prizes, daily dare prizes, lots of jelly, underwater fishing "prizes", yeah, everything.

Maybe eventually I'll do a big discard or 1 NP item sale at my shop, but I don't know, it can just be in there, it doesn't bother me - I'm pretty good at just ignoring 90% of it and getting to my codestones/restocking stuff/valuables

Food, training codestones & dubloons, and a bunch of misc stuff.

I cleared out my books a few days back, some I put in my shop, others I just discarded. I have to go through the whole thing again to get rid of the junk from dailies. Work, work <.<

Advent calendar stuff & prizes from plots/events.

Things which are worth money but I've not got my act together to make trades for.

Battledome stuff - weapons, snowballs, muffins.

Codestones.

And then STILL some junk from the pack rat/junk avatar.

I've mostly become a hoarder thanks to the Coincidence daily. If something is a junk item, I toss it in there in case the Coincidence asks for it and I can complete a day for free or cheaply.

I have any items I come across that I really like, everything from events. I always keep all petpets and books I get. I tend to collect faerie items, so I have a lot of those. I have a flower collection for the original Neohomes that I just hold onto.

That's all I can really think of off the top of my head. It's messy and there's a lot there.

Lots of healing potions, lots of red codestones, regular codestones are dwindling due to training, lots of bottled faeries, advent calendar prizes, battledome equipment, books, omelets, and junk items for the coincidence.

I am a true pack rat and have about 2,200 items in my SDB. It's filled with EVERYTHING, food, codestones, toys, weapons...I mean EVERYTHING.

I need to sell some of it, I know, I know :rolleyes_anim: :*

Lots of healing potions, lots of red codestones, regular codestones are dwindling due to training, lots of bottled faeries, advent calendar prizes, battledome equipment, books, omelets, and junk items for the coincidence.

This!

I went through *sigh* 27 pages over the last month, clearing out section after section and all that's left is food, codestones/dubloons, a few poogle morphing potions (they will take over the world just as soon as neo comes back up) and a couple of items I think will be worth something later down the road so I keep them.

I got rid of all the junk stuff I was holding onto for the coincedence. Sold everything at 1 NP so I'm sure I made someone's day but that's fine by me. I don't really understand why the junk went up so high. It's *still* junk items even if there is now a demand for it. Not worth it to me to take up room in my shop to just sit there until someone comes and buys my dried apricots for 7k just for their pet to lose stats or something ridiculous. I'd rather just be like "here you go fellow Neopian, pay it forward."

I have, surprisingly, maybe 150 items in my SDB. It's mostly dubloons, codestones (I got a TON of codestones by random event during this two month period I played a few years back. Haven't used them all yet...), random event items I liked enough to keep, random Kougra items that I don't care to display but want anyway, random things I bought because they were cute, petpets, petpetpets, and just...stuff :)

I sell most things for funding training (and now for collateral), but I do keep the junk and cheap books to help those that still need the packrat and discard (don't remember it's name) avi's. I did recently come across a couple HTS items that were hiding in the big mess of junk...Like finding cash in your jeans pocket after washing day!

I'm a bit of a clean freak so my SDB is kind of small and only one page at the moment. I have various potions (bubbling healing goo, dewberry reviver, essence of everlasting apple, super strength healing potion) to the tune of around 50 each. I decided to hoard them just in case we had another BD plot after TFR and just left them there. I have my scratchcards that I do and my red job coupons. I also have a couple of toys in there and various foods. I bought my pets a toy with each of the P3s on it, as well as a day and night cake for when the downtime is over to celebrate all the work my little P3s did every day and every night. If I get something very valuable that's unbuyable, I'll put it in my SDB until I decide to trade or auction it.

Everything else I get is as follows: if it's worth a decent profit, I will put it directly in my shop. If it's something I'm collecting, I will put it into my gallery. If it's anything else, it goes to the Money Tree. I try to make it a point to donate something every day. Not just junk, but things of value too.

I tend to lose my sanity if my SDB gets too cluttered, so I like to keep items to a minimum, lol. :)

Speaking of cluttered, I could stand to clean out my closet and Neohome storage shed sometime...

My SDB is pure JUNK! I went through it recently and cleaned out all the valuables. I keep all my omelettes and jellies in their too from the dailies.

I even just received the rubbish avatar...yet I still have massive amounts of junk :/

I've been slowly clearing mine out... I think I have about 13 pages? It's mostly junk, tons of super old Advent Calendar items, and a very few items of value that I'm holding on to.

mine is mostly full of junk. I'll spend the week mostly dumping in dailies and such and then go through it once or twice a month emptying it out and restocking my shop. since i always throw everything in it, pack rat was an easy avvie. It took a month to realize I had already had it. :) I think i have abut 24 pages that i *was* clearing out until they went on hiatus.

This!

I went through *sigh* 27 pages over the last month, clearing out section after section and all that's left is food, codestones/dubloons, a few poogle morphing potions (they will take over the world just as soon as neo comes back up) and a couple of items I think will be worth something later down the road so I keep them.

I got rid of all the junk stuff I was holding onto for the coincedence. Sold everything at 1 NP so I'm sure I made someone's day but that's fine by me. I don't really understand why the junk went up so high. It's *still* junk items even if there is now a demand for it. Not worth it to me to take up room in my shop to just sit there until someone comes and buys my dried apricots for 7k just for their pet to lose stats or something ridiculous. I'd rather just be like "here you go fellow Neopian, pay it forward."

Yes I agree with you. My junk for the coincidence isn't to sell, it is so that I have it on those rare occasions I can go to my SDB to get the item so my pet can lose stats rather than paying 7k for someone else's dried apricots to lose stats. LOL. But actually I have never lost stats or gained them. I just get NOTHING. I did get neopian lottery tickets once, but I didn't win on them. :sad02:

Yes I agree with you. My junk for the coincidence isn't to sell, it is so that I have it on those rare occasions I can go to my SDB to get the item so my pet can lose stats rather than paying 7k for someone else's dried apricots to lose stats. LOL. But actually I have never lost stats or gained them. I just get NOTHING. I did get neopian lottery tickets once, but I didn't win on them. :sad02:

You've just confirmed (again) that I shouldn't play the coincidence.

Is everyone else hoarding their advent calender stuff until it ONE DAY becomes worth something?

Recently cleared out my SDB so all that's left is my stockpile of codestones for training, some untradeable items (should I just trash these if I don't want them???), and a few items given to me by friends that I keep as keepsakes.