Wannabe Neopets Sites

Xlithiumangel

I'm not totally new here... I've been creeping around the forums for quite some time. I just never made an account.. But with the absence of neo I'm desperate for something lol. I've been searching the web for something to fill the void. There actually are alot of sites like neopets but let me tell you they are awful haha. Seriously I can not wait until friday x.x

I've shifted my attention over to playandwin.co.uk

It's nothing like neopets, but the only other gaming sites I like besides neo are ones where I have a chance at winning stuff. They have a lot of different games. I don't know...I'm bored :)

I'm probably wouldn't want to get into a whole neopets style site, because I know I'd just abandon it on friday

I;ve only tried a couple like the powerpets.. just couldn't get into it. But yeah I agree I would most likely abandon whatever I found when neo came back anyway. So I guess its best

flight rising is another pet site. its all for dragons and breeding dragons but i guess that could be considered a wanabe site. :)

I heard about that site awhile ago, and really want to try. :sad01_anim: But I'm never on when they allow sign ups!

So I'll just stick with tumblr blogs (I have a lot that I want to go through), stumbleuon, buzzfeed and addictinggames.

i have a former Neo friend who keeps bugging me to go to Subeta with her. i dunno i could never get into it...nothing is like neo D: i miss neo....lol

When I was little I used to play furry paws. It was a virtual dog site where you could breed and train your dogs and things. I wonder if it's still around... I have no idea o.o

There really isn't anything comparable to neo for me in terms of virtual pet sites or game sites for that matter. Thank goodness it shall be back up and running in no time ^^

I'm actually enjoying pogo thanks for the suggestions! I did try Subeta also I just couldn't get into that either. I did try though :/

@lithium_kissed love your nametag! haha ;D

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Also, please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Dude, when I first started playing neopets I made those "dollz" websites... like paper dolls but for online that you could dress and whatnot. Well, one day when I got bored I was like "I could make a website like neopets... I'll call it Meepets." I wish I was kidding. I wish I still had some of the "pets" I drew up. Those would legit be worth a laugh. I was also morbidly shocked when they came out with a petpet called a "Meepit" because "um, HELLO MY IDEA?!" was what went through my head. Then I was basically like *meh* couldn't make anything better than neo.

I wish I remembered some of the other websites I found.... some weren't too bad but they obviously didn't come up to scratch because they aren't around and Neo still is.

OH! While at Walmart last night I couldn't help myself I went to look for the Ylana Blaster NC card.... AND THE PEG WAS EMPTY! I was going in my head "man, no neopets ANYWHERE." But I kept sniffing around in electronics, found a display ALLLLLLL THE YLANA BLASTER CARDS! I really probably should have grabbed an additional card but I CANNOT WAIT (hence shouty/excited capitals) to load that. I actually have been checking the website every hour to see if it *could*might*possibly*oh-gosh-please* be up early.... but alas, it is not. :(

I used to be on GaiaOnline, not really a NeoPets knockoff though.

There was one I used to go on for like a week, but that site has long since been dead. I don't remember the name of it though...

Guest awkwardnormalcy

I used to be on GaiaOnline, not really a NeoPets knockoff though.

There was one I used to go on for like a week, but that site has long since been dead. I don't remember the name of it though...

I had a couple of friends who were obsessed with Gaia, I made an account to get into a Harry Potter RP that I got dragged to and ended up leaving because I could not take them seriously (sometimes I'm an RP Snob tbh),I remember it was a huge huge pain to get Gold(that's what their currency is based around right?) and one of the main things to do on the site is dress up your Avatar which is not something I care about, just like I don't care about dressing up my Neopets, the clothes they have is stuff I picked up for cheap for lols or got for free mostly.

I think Facebook knows that neopets is down, because I've never had adverts before for "marapets" or "pet collector game" before...

Also I play pottermore now & again (mostly for the exclusive content from Rowling) and I play Rumi on playpop.com

but that's about it.

I know it's nothing but Kingdom of Loathing is a great site. I used to play it tons when I was younger and I recently decided to rejoin and play again.

You guys should check it out. http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/

I got hacked on that website so I would not use it if you don't want you account hacked

im really hoping they finish early XD ugh so bored and dont feel like getting on WoW...finished 3 photo shoot edits and now i have nothing.

Xlithiumangel i did notice the name haha thanks!

I know it's nothing but Kingdom of Loathing is a great site. I used to play it tons when I was younger and I recently decided to rejoin and play again.

I TOTALLY remember that! DiGrassi Knoll, hahahahaha!!!!

imrus9.png

See! I just went on FB now & the advert was back.

They all look like slightly wrong neopets.

A draik/scorchio mashup, a not-so-cute xwee. A fox looking Lupe.

Even that blue thing looks like a petpet...

Icepets is really similar to Neopets - even has paint brushes and morphing potions to change your pet's species/colour. I never really got into it though.

:P I just spent a few hours there! It's nice, but different. I've gotten spoiled by Neopets! :laughingsmiley:

The community isn't that big, so there aren't a lot of people to talk to. And they're aren't nearly as many ways to earn points.

Still nice, though.

I wonder how much Marapets copied from Neopets.

I used to play KoL hardcore back in the day! I made it through so many of the quests/came so close to finishing everything! I might have to revisit it soon. I don't know if they required e-mails to register, so I doubt I could get my old account back, but restarting is always fun :laughingsmiley: