Ultimate Dream Centre

DeepInTheMeadow

Basically, in 2015, I'd like to start creating a dream centre. It would be on several different petpages- and it would basically have all people's wishes and dreamies.
I'd have a dreamie list, a NP wishlist and donation items list, and a list of other wishes not envolving Neopoints or pets, for users who only have the time, not the NP or pets.

I would get people to list their dream pets, and wishlists and other requests and it could be a large database where you could go when feeling generous, or having a good zap or some spare time.

This idea came up when I zapped my Xwee fire. I checked all dream pets lists and nobody wanted her. The problem was, not enough people were listed, so there wasn't a variety of wishes, jus about 20 for a pea chia and none for some less popular species. I also thought of this when someone bought a donation item in my shop. Although I had put the items there, it was so unexpected and amazing- I thought if users could have that experiance it would be amazing! Then I thought of those who didn't have the NP or lab ray but could give something just as valuable- time and skills. So I thought of a section for requests of that sort- writing critique, art votes, data collection requests. Maybe also a section for avatar lending.

I do realise that it could be seen as begging. But no messages from the users would be listed, just a username and request. Look for the request you can grant, maybe grant a user with a username beginning witht the same letter as yours or pick randomly. No wish grants would be garenteed and players must keep donators a secret unless they have permission.

So, do you have any feedback?
Do you like the idea?
Would you use the site yourself?

I like the idea! There was a topic about helping people with their goals, but it wasn't the most organized thing (no offense intended!), and seemed like it ended up being a couple people giving stuff to whoever asked for something.

The begging thing might be an issue, and I don't know if putting this on neopets would be the best idea, but I like it. A goal database type thing. Maybe the more other people you help, you could get...points and get your own goal featured or something. Yea, I don't know, but it seems like you would have to come up with some way to make sure there weren't just a couple people getting stuff over and over again, and the donators would be getting helped, too, if they needed it. Maybe I'm not seeing the same thing as you're talking about, but it sounds cool!

I'd love to hear more about this, and yes, I would use it.

I found this topic due to looking for a place where people can post things they want/need.

I recently got a morphing potion I have no use for, it's not a very expensive one, so I was going to see if anyone really wanted it so I could gift it over (Especially since shops aren't exactly working right now ;))

:THUMBS UP:

I feel like this could actually be really useful. Yes, you'd get beggars. There's no doubt you would. But there are petpages that host wishlists and dream pets on them already, so I doubt it's against actual site rules to conglomerate everything into a whole database. I don't think the point system as a trading mechanism would be a good idea if only because that might actually be against the rules. However, if you just wanted to post a list of thank yous to people who have helped and say how many times they helped folks, that might be fine as long as it wasn't like "currency". People would naturally be more likely to help folks who had already helped others, at least in my opinion.

A great idea! I came across a topic here that was discussing a guild that sends zapped pets to those that want them (sorry, can't remember it's name though).

I would certainly be interested in helping those who need it and like others have said, you'd need to figure out some significant logistics.

I don't mind helping gather data either, to be honest. I'm helping with one of the projects to gather data on battledome prizes and Google Docs seems to be nice for data sharing and having multiuser edits. It would be easy to transition to petpages from there.