More of a "meh"

Ranaki

It's mah birthday! Woo...

I feel it's only another day, I never could get into holidays/birthdays.

Update on health stuffs, yay~ -.-

Blood work came back good, but I have 3 MRIs scheduled over the course of 3 weeks starting tomorrow.

They put me on a preventative for my migraines, but I think they were trying for the placebo effect by giving me propranolol (inderal generic)10mg since it's not doing anything for the migraines. However, it does make my head tingle and I feel hot a lot of times (I would be sweating in 73 fahrenheit, where as normally I would be bundled up). Gonna call the doc sometime to tell her what's going on since I don't feel it's good for me to keep taking it until my next appointment in November.

Done with my rant. My apologies for TMI =/

I was given Inderal for my panic attacks when I was sixteen ( 30mgs ), after about 6 months my doctor at the time increased the dose to 60mgs ... I've had circulatory issues as of late ( I'm 29 ), ... but I don't think that is the Inderal, which has been more helpful at decreasing my symptoms than other medications more conventionally used for panic disorders/anxiety. It also helped my blood pressure ... lol... I seem to get benefit from other things than the what the medication was designed for like with klonopin it relieved my tinnitis 2mgs a day, any more I would sleep all day.

I've never had a headache that was bad at all, especially into the migraine classification. 10 mgs seems such a low dose ... maybe it's the migraine dose ... I've always listened to my body more than a doctor though...

It's difficult to find a doctor that "thinks outside the box" ... it's like an episode of "mystery diagnosis" lol... especially with doctors and staff looking at a patient with a "psych history" as I do... it's real easy to dismiss it as "anxiety".

It's mah birthday! Woo...

I feel it's only another day, I never could get into holidays/birthdays.

Update on health stuffs, yay~ -.-

Blood work came back good, but I have 3 MRIs scheduled over the course of 3 weeks starting tomorrow.

They put me on a preventative for my migraines, but I think they were trying for the placebo effect by giving me propranolol (inderal generic)10mg since it's not doing anything for the migraines. However, it does make my head tingle and I feel hot a lot of times (I would be sweating in 73 fahrenheit, where as normally I would be bundled up). Gonna call the doc sometime to tell her what's going on since I don't feel it's good for me to keep taking it until my next appointment in November.

Done with my rant. My apologies for TMI =/

Inderal is a blood pressure medication. It is a beta blocker. Its mechanism of action is blocking beta receptors which are part of the sympathetic nervous system, which leads to stress response. That is why they were also prescribed for the other poster's anxiety issues. I won't get technical on beta receptors and how blocking them allows alpha receptors to work, but not all medications work for all people. Sometimes they use Tricyclic or MAOI antidepressants for migraines, in my case, I use Topamax, which is an antiseizure medication. I tried Inderal and it did nothing for me either. Sometimes it is a hit or miss. Good luck finding the right one for you. Topamax works great for me. As DESO said, 10mg is a very low dose. I was on 80mg twice per day. That may also be why it isn't doing anything.

BTW, Happy Birthday!

I've read many pages on Propranolol; wiki, webMD, some prescription & what they do sites. When I go for my MRI tomorrow I'm going to ask if there's any way they can check for Menier's. The symptoms are a lot of what I'm having, but they say it's hard to detect as the symptoms are also associated with just about every other thing that can wrong in persons body.

Trying to find the right preventative for migraines is not fun. I think it took me 2 years and 5 different medications to find something that works...hope you get it sorted out. (The medication I'm is a calcium channel blocker).

In my experience, the dosage they give you to get the migraine preventative effects for all the medications being used off label tend to be lower than if you were taking them for blood pressure/anxiety/whatever

• 3 weeks later...

Turns out it was only one MRI o.o

I had 3 referrals for three different places, and they all said MRI on them, so I thought that's what I was getting. But it was just letting the other 2 know that I had an MRI done.

The other place was for an EEG (results on the 22nd of October) - paste in long hair is NOT fun to wash out, just so you know...

And the last place was an Otolaryngologist (ENT). They told me that I grind my teeth, leading to TMJ, which is most likely related to stress which can cause migraines and tinnitus.

They took me off of the Propranolol since it was doing more bad than good, and put me on Nortiptyline 10mg. Anti-Depressant - duwhutnao? o.O Seems it's a common thing to give for headaches. Who knew...

The ENT put me on Lorazepam .5 mg to help my jaw relax when I sleep, also told me to get night guards to also help.

And for my thoughts -