The Daily Neopets Forum Guidelines Have Been Updated

Ian

TDN Forums members:

We have recently updated our Forum Guidelines that each member should read and review. The biggest changes are as follows:

• While it has always been a part of our guidelines, we have reinforced that we do not condone the discussion of any Neopets cheat programs or web sites that could assist players in circumventing Neopets' rules. This means you should not mention the physical names of cheat programs in any of your posts at TDN Forums.
  • We have clarified our moderation policies. TDN Forums now officially operates on a 0-6 Warning Points system. If you accrue 6 Warning Points, you will be permanently banned. Please review the Forum Guidelines to see examples of offenses and their Warning Point values.
  • We have reinforced that you are not allowed to remove inline moderator edits from your posts (i.e. warning notices).
  • TDN Forums Moderators reserve the right to remove your signature even if it is within the confines of a 500x250 px area. We can remove signatures that are obnoxious, annoying, or offensive for any reason.

Thank you for helping keep TDN Forums the safest and best Neopets forum on earth! b)

TDN Management

I have a question... Say, if I made a post with less than 7 words in it and then a moderator added a warning, and then I edited my post to add more words (in a way that makes sense, of course), am I allowed to remove the warning since there's nothing wrong with the post anymore, or is it not okay to remove it, period?

Not that I plan to keep breaking the rule and then fixing it, but I think I did this once when I first joined the forums. I want to know if I shouldn't have :whofarted:

I have a question... Say, if I made a post with less than 7 words in it and then a moderator added a warning, and then I edited my post to add more words (in a way that makes sense, of course), am I allowed to remove the warning since there's nothing wrong with the post anymore, or is it not okay to remove it, period?

Not that I plan to keep breaking the rule and then fixing it, but I think I did this once when I first joined the forums. I want to know if I shouldn't have :whofarted:

Nope, sorry. Trying to "fix" it after the fact doesn't make it okay :) If you're mindful about your posting, you don't need to count your words anyway. If you did make a mistake, you'll probably be quick enough to spot it before a moderator does and you can edit it. But once a mod edit has been made, you shouldn't remove it. Just make sure you don't do it again ;)

What inspired the "6 strikes and you're out" concept ? ... It seems to have attracted the policy makers of the NFL too. :questionmark: :laughingsmiley: :questionmark:

How do you know if you have accumulated points? I've had warnings such as I've double posted, that's because I don't know how to use the boards, and I've posted in the wrong area. Do these count against you?

Your warning points will be visible to you. If you have multiple mod edits or received a PM from us, it's best to review the guidelines again as to not have more infractions. We keep track of all infractions - multiple ones get a PM from us (this is a "Verbal Warning"). After that, continued rule-breaking generally gets a warning point increase.