Gallery Ideas?

DesertRose

Sure! There are a ton of different ideas you can choose from!

*Desert items

*Garden

*Items with numbers (count on you)

*Items with eyes (in the eye of the beholder)

*Items of a certain color

*Drinks in a can, cup or other container

*Sandwiches or another type of food

*Bedroom, items found in a certain room

Well you can do a gallery based on the appearance of the objects, lik a color theme or a gallery of items that are animated or that glitter. What are you're interests? I was thinking of making an "art class" theme gallery. Say if you're into writing you could do a writing themed gallery filled with pencils, erasers, books. Them of course if you're interested in a certain world you could do something like an underwater theme or winter theme. There's a lot of possibilities! :)

You all have given me so many good ideas!

Brynchilla- I love the desert idea!

Shelley- I'm a writer by nature. I can't thiink of a time when I didn't have one idea or another running through my head.

*Hmmm...Combine your idea with Brynchilla's, and make it a desert book/scroll gallery?

Brianna- Faerieland and the Lost Desert are my favorite places.

I'm still thinking about fire, books, and chocolate for gallery ideas. One of my favorite movies is a certain Tom Cruise/Kelly McGillis movie. Any idea how to make a gallery page out of that??

Gallery idea - Retired items

Gallery idea for favorite movie - Unless the silly filters won't let you, why not just use the name of the movie - When I looked up these words on the JN data base, there were some things you might like - plane, fly, pilot, air, officer, security, love - You could go lots of directions :)

I made a gallery for creepy & spooky things because I like those types of things. It's so massive though, the amount of stuff I could put in there that I am having trouble with it.

So I also made a pumpkin gallery on my main. I'm currently looking for items that have pumpkins on them, like Halloween Gift Card, but don't actually contain the word pumpkin. If anyone has any ideas of items with pumpkins on them to offer me, definitely PM me.

You should definitely go with something you would enjoy collecting. I like spooky stuff but it's too much, so I'm doing something small too. I'm considering making a pizza gallery on another one of my sides LOL.

I've only been on Neopets a year, so I haven't really developed any collections yet. My real life collections, on the other hand, might scare you. I have a huge plushie collection (there's a bookcase full of them), movies, tv series, and I'm not ashamed to say that I have the full G.I. Joe series from the 80s on DVD. That's pretty much where my Cybunny, Dusty, got his name.

i just saw that the latest gallery spotlight is all items with stones. i thought that was really unique and definitely not the usual tea/plushie/food gallery. maybe you can go super obscure like that, and as long as the collection is decently sized, it should make you stand out. :)

another idea (since you have that g.i. joe collection) is an action figure gallery, but i've seen it done before. if you can do it better or differently, that'd still work.

Is a plushie theme overdone? I'm also thinking of a desert theme or maybe a toy shop. It's going to be one of the three.

I think everyone has had a plushie gallery at some point, but there's nothing wrong with starting your own if that's what sounds fun to you.

Other than that, my general suggestions would be to pick a theme that isn't too specific or too broad (for example, I chose Apple Bobbing once and came up with less than 100 items before I had to add items that were just related to apples; on the other hand, with themes that are too broad, you're going to end up with a lot of items that you aren't sure belong with the rest of your items). Also, go with something that either you know really well or is pretty self-explanatory so you don't have to struggle as much with items. While neopets was offline recently, I thought of a Calvin and Hobbes theme that sounded really fun, and since I'm very familiar with the comic, adding items to a gallery wishlist on jellyneo was easy (unfortunately I lost interest by the time we were able to buy items from user shops again because I am terrible at maintaining focus when it comes to galleries; if anyone else is interested they are obviously more than welcome to use the idea). Anyway, something like that that gives you room to be creative without being too vague to decide if objects technically fit the theme has, in my experience, been ideal.

EDIT: also, I feel like a lot of the time I tend to explain things in a very convoluted way, so if this doesn't make a lot of sense, please let me know :laughingsmiley: