I'm suddenly really lucky?

CherryGrass

Whenever doing Kiko Pop previously, I'd always get silly things without much value. Food or books that are only worth a couple of hundred np.

Yesterday when I was doing Kiko Pop, however, I ended up getting a book called: Artichoke Hearts: A Love Story.

I didn't think much of it until I went to my inventory and put some items into my shop stock (as I restock pretty much every day, after all the dailies and stuff) and I always use the shop wizard or the Jellyneo item database if I can't find the item on the shop wizard.

Since I couldn't find it on the SW I looked it up on the item database and oh my gosh...it's worth 160k?!

How can a book be worth so much?

Would anyone even buy it at that price or what?

I put it on the TP but nobody's offered anything yet, so I'm thinking of just putting it in my shop. 160k is such a massive amount and would be super helpful to me but I was just wondering...do you think that anyone would buy it?

I personally couldn't imagine spending 160k on a book but is there something I'm missing? I don't really know much about neopets yet since everything's changed.

The bookies may buy it to read to their pets. Gotta have that trophy xD

There's a few books out there "worth" millions (or pretty close to it), and that's not just counting the ones in the Hidden Tower!

Books disappear when you read them to your pet, so that makes them rarer. And there's the trophy too, as Ranaki mentioned.

It seems the lowest prices on the Trading Post are 115k and 140k, so if you want to sell quickly, you could ask for less than 115k. But still, I would recommend being somewhat patient, don't rush to get just any amount. It helps if you advertise your lot on the neoboards (just careful not to spam). Good luck with your sale!

I don't know the history of this, but the release date says August 13, 2014. A quick check shows several on the TP now, with the price falling (one is at 115K). My experience with items that are just somewhat above 100,000 and not especially useful or desirable and don't have much potential upside price swing is they should be sold quickly, even if that means only for 99,000 in your shop. A few years ago I used to grab new backgrounds and foregrounds from the Thrift Shoppe and sold a bunch at just under 100K--while it lasted. Most of those things are now only 1,000 each. Prices can fall in a hurry if more keep showing up. However, if it is rare it can stay above 100K or even go up. It's your call, but I'd sell now at 99,000 before the price collapses and you then get only a fraction of that. (EDIT: I see that you've already done that, good luck. :) You may have to keep lowering it and hope you find a buyer before the other sellers start a price war).

Yeah, I took all of your advice and decided to just put it in my shop :) It seems like it's more likely to sell that way!

Wow. I literally just went onto my shop till and it sold! I can't believe it.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button if you have something to add.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Well I find that when I aim for the middle balloons, they're easier to pop but you get prices that aren't worth much...so I try to aim for the outer edge balloons, which are harder to hit but seemingly give out better prizes. I don't know if that's true, but it seems to be working for me.

I also usually do the standard level.