Random Contest Closing; Avatar Likely Retiring

hrtbrk

I agree that there were times when there weren't enough entries, making them think that people just weren't interested, but I think the problem was that instead of coming up with a new challenge when no one or very few entered they would just keep extending the competition when what they should have done was awarded the participants something and then moved on to a new challenge. Everytime I entered there were hundreds, thousands of entries. I think that there were challenges that people just didn't care for or were way too involved for people to commit to with just a virtual prize and there were challenges where tons of people entered. Instead of dumping it they should look at which challenges were popular and have more challenges like those.

I just don't see why it needs to be canceled. If they think it's not that popular than don't have a new one every 3 weeks. People have lives outside of neo, sometimes they just don't have the time, maybe extend the length of the challenges and have fewer. Anything would be better than just dumping the Random Contest.

I'm pretty upset about this.

I submitted a few times and never got a trophy/avatar, which is fine, I always expected to eventually get one.

I'm disappointed that I won't get another chance for the avatar.

More than just the avatar/trophy, though, is that I loved seeing the RC winners and entries (usually posted off-site). I hope that they at least replace it with a similar contest.

I agree that there were times when there weren't enough entries, making them think that people just weren't interested, but I think the problem was that instead of coming up with a new challenge when no one or very few entered they would just keep extending the competition when what they should have done was awarded the participants something and then moved on to a new challenge. Everytime I entered there were hundreds, thousands of entries. I think that there were challenges that people just didn't care for or were way too involved for people to commit to with just a virtual prize and there were challenges where tons of people entered. Instead of dumping it they should look at which challenges were popular and have more challenges like those.

I just don't see why it needs to be canceled. If they think it's not that popular than don't have a new one every 3 weeks. People have lives outside of neo, sometimes they just don't have the time, maybe extend the length of the challenges and have fewer. Anything would be better than just dumping the Random Contest.

I agree! Some challenges were just way too hard for me. Really. I have no skills in sewing, drawing whatsoever.... Most of the things were just... not my thing. :-( Though I really wished for the trophy and avatar. But, well, it is like CheeseStorm already said: "I submitted a few times and never got a trophy/avatar, which is fine, I always expected to eventually get one."

Interesting point! For me it was less about being involved and more about not being willing to spend real money to purchase supplies to create something for a virtual prize. The one time I did enter it was a food-based contest, so the supplies didn't go to waste. :) I'm very sad to see the contest go. I always hoped for a chance to upgrade my trophy, but I'm thankful that I have the avatar. I hope TNT comes out with something else even better.

I'm also really sad, I've entered it many times (only ever getting third place) and actually really enjoyed it.

I was looking forward to one day updating my trophy, but even if I didn't the *randomness* of the contest was always fun.

Even the times I didn't enter, just checking out what the contest was about was fun.

I'm really glad I got the avatar/trophy before, and it'll probably be *worth more* now, but I'd rather keep the contest.

/sighs.

I hope they replace it with something equally fun.

OMG, I never paid attention to the closing time of the contest. Since it said 'closing October 8', I was hoping they would update the date & time before closing. I was planning on submitting entry today but didn't have the chance to get online before it closed; didn't think it would be so early. BOO.

I really hate to be a whiner, but I'm pretty disappointed in the way this whole thing was managed :(