Game ratios

010_pipsy_010

Does anyone else think that game ratios for games such as Faerie Caves II - Fyora's Quest should always remain the same?

I know the ratios are automatically changed each month, which is fine for most games, but I have noticed that the ratio for Faerie Caves II of 1np > 1.75 this month means that earning 1,000 nps is impossible because the maximum score for this game is only 1,520.

Wouldn't it be more sensible to make this ratio stay the same each month (or at least within a set range), similar to Hannah & the Ice Caves?

Does anyone else agree? Let me know what you think...

• 2 weeks later...

I think they make that the limit because there's guides on the internet and they don't want people getting effortless neopoints, I'm not sure though.

Speaking of that, the ratio for Dubloon Disaster is way too high. I literally have to play until I get a 1,000 coin to get a decent amount of neopoints.

Attack of the Snowager has been at 100,000 points= 1000 NP for several months. It's so easy to get that, you can literally get that on the first level of hard difficulty.

The ratio for Legends of Pinball is way too high as well, as not a single person has gotten that many points this month.

I guess it's their way to keep everyone from playing the same games over and over. But it's sad when a favorite game is no longer worth the time and effort because skewed ratios.

The problem with this is everyone who plays games most likely plays Kass Basher, and that ratio is easy to get 1000 NP on every time (if you know the trick). I agree with your second point though.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with this is everyone who plays games most likely plays Kass Basher, and that ratio is easy to get 1000 NP on every time (if you know the trick). I agree with your second point though.

I suppose the Neopets gods (-cough-TNT-cough-) must have heard you, as the newest Kass Basher ratio is practically impossible (2170 points for 1k)

I think the game ratios are random, as they're supposed to be.

There's no rhyme or reason for why the ratios are what they are. They just... are.

So all you can do is find a ratio game and play games with good ratios.

Who knows, you might find a new favorite game!

I've noticed the ratios with a number of games are higher than the maximum possible score. At least according to the high score boards. Kass Basher, for example, A ratio of 2.17, so the score to get 1000np would be 2170. I've never seen a score that high! I HATE that the ratios change so DRASTICALLY. The last ratio for Kass Basher was .86, so 860 points for 1000np. Not the only game I WON'T be playing until after Christmas.. Just not worth it. Gaming is how I make my NP, but having insanely high ratios like this really kills most if not all the fun for me for those games with over-inflated ratios. -_-

I've noticed the ratios with a number of games are higher than the maximum possible score. At least according to the high score boards. Kass Basher, for example, A ratio of 2.17, so the score to get 1000np would be 2170. I've never seen a score that high! I HATE that the ratios change so DRASTICALLY. The last ratio for Kass Basher was .86, so 860 points for 1000np. Not the only game I WON'T be playing until after Christmas.. Just not worth it. Gaming is how I make my NP, but having insanely high ratios like this really kills most if not all the fun for me for those games with over-inflated ratios. -_-

My guess is that TNT doesn't want games to be too lucrative so they purposely make it so that only a certain number of games have a high NP ratio. The ratio changes make it so that the games that are "worth it" are on a cycle so that it's not the same few games being played all the time while the majority of games are only very rarely played.

It's incredibly annoying when my favorite games suddenly go from yielding from 800-1000np to suddenly giving me diddly squat... but that's the whim of the powers that be. I usually just deal with having less NP to goof off with that month, and it even forces me to try out games I normally wouldn't. Then again, I'm in no way a "serious" neopets gamer.