Halloween Concerns

x_emrys_x

Hello everyone. I'm having a bit of an internal debate and wondered if I could get some of your opinions. Tomorrow is supposed to be cold, windy, and rainy. I'm not sure if I should bother buying halloween candy. There are only 5 houses on our street so I'm not sure how many kids will show up anyway. It normally wouldn't be a big deal, but hubby lost his job two weeks ago. He is ok with me buying candy for the kids, but I'm worried that no one will show up and I wasted the money.

Am I over thinking? Should I just buy the candy and see how it goes? I can always donate it if things don't go well.

I would say buy a small amount of candy and then keep it for treats for special occasions for yourself if no one shows. You don't want to have to tell kids you don't have any candy, even if you have to just give them a tiny bit each.

I thinking buying a small amount of candy is probably the way to go if you don't want to just turn off the porch light :) My husband and I live in a rural area and we very rarely get any trick or treaters but I always buy $3-4 worth of candy (dollar general and walmart both have mixed bags around that price) and it mostly sits in the bowl until Christmas or until I get tired of looking at it lol

I agree with the commenters, pick things you like & won't mind having in the house.

My mother, being the wonderful woman she is, didn't buy sweets, she would only buy fruit, or seed mixes, that way she was delighted to have some left over /laughs.

Buy a mixed bag or two of candy you like. If there aren't many trick-or-treaters, you have candy you like. This tends to be the rule at my house.