nicolelouise

Hi guys,

I just had the strangest thing happen to me at the Potato Counter daily.

I'm on a laptop, so I quite often am unable to see an entire neopets page without scrolling down. It doesn't usually happen in potato counter though. Or rather, I don't have to scroll very far before I can see all the rows of potatoes.

Today I didn't adjust my screen right away, I figured I'd scroll a bit for the last couple of lines when I got down there. So I'm counting the potatoes and the rows keep going. And the rows keep going. And I look over to the slider bar at the side of the screen and it's this tiny little square, so I give up on counting and just scroll all the way to the bottom, curious to see if there was going to be anything different about the page and whether I should be sending in a ticket to TNT to say that Potato Counter was broken.

No, down at the bottom of the page, it asked me to make my guess, as per usual. So I took a wild stab and typed in '2000'.

I was only off by 121.

I've never had this happen to me before though. Usually the most potatoes I'll have on the page will be in the 60's.

What about you guys? Anyone else had this happen?

I should mention that the second time I played, it was 'normal' again and only had 53 potatoes for me to count.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from Neopets Dailies to Neopets Help.

yeah this happens every now and then, potato counter just randomly decides to be evil. :shiftyeyes_anim:

next time if you want, you can refresh it to get a normal amount of potatoes.

Will that use up one of my three goes at the game though?

Also, my apologies hrtbrk, I wasn't sure which section to go with. Should have known I'd pick the wrong one.

Refreshing without answering doesn't count for the total, and yes. It's totally valid to do it for a page that has too many potatoes.

Oh, I wish I had known that! I have totally had that happen to me a couple of times. But I figured I better just venture a guess and hope for the best as I will use a turn either way. Good to know that I can refresh without being penalized.

Yes that sometimes happens. Here's one where I guessed just because I wanted to know how many there were:

sillypotatoes_zps06adbb7c.png

Also, if I know I've taken longer than 30 seconds to guess, I will refresh so that I can get more NPs. I love that refreshing doesn't count as a guess :)

Yes that sometimes happens. Here's one where I guessed just because I wanted to know how many there were:

sillypotatoes_zps06adbb7c.png

Also, if I know I've taken longer than 30 seconds to guess, I will refresh so that I can get more NPs. I love that refreshing doesn't count as a guess :)

Haha, sneaky! It never occurred to me to do this.