Duped or Not?

Dan!elle

Now this might be a silly question, since I know there's no really good way of knowing, but how would you typically know if someone lending a big 3 item (in my case, MSPP) has a duped item or not? Their account is almost 7 years old and they have about 270 avatars. I really don't want to risk having my 10+ year old account iced over something as silly as one avatar and a duped item. I'm not sure if TNT finished cleaning out the tainted items and accounts yet. Advice? I'm always afraid of posting here because I don't want to sound like I'm a n00b. :P

I'm not even sure TNT would be able to know. I think there is actually a lot of duped items out there. People laid low and got away with things. Once TNT said it was "taken care of" I understand you can't dupe things anymore and the more suspicious people were being iced. but you cant catch everyone. I've sent in tickets about items i wanted to make sure were not duped and they closed them right away. its like there is no way of telling anymore. I'm pretty sure you are safe.

There's no way for them to know as the item ids were the same.. AFAIK, they were only freezing people who took advantage of the glitch by selling en masse. A lot of people also lend from a side account so their main remains private.

But use your best judgement when it comes to things like this. Do you see this person lending a lot? Are the accounts of people they've lent to the previous day, or even earlier in the day, still in good standing? If so, enjoy getting the avatar!