Splat a Sloth trophy issue

Bookpony

I scored 500 a few days ago, got on the board at position 100 and watched my name creep up slowly, day by day. 89, 75, 70 last night -- now this morning I've dropped to 75.

How? What? Why?

So I sent in a ticket and got this:

For Flash games that have a maximum possible score, you are not guaranteed a trophy for achieving this score. Trophies are given out once per day, and you will only receive a trophy if your username is on the high score list. If there are more users who have received the maximum score than there are places on this list, the list will rotate to randomly display usernames who have achieved this score.

In order to get a trophy, you would need to get the max score *and* be lucky enough to have your username be one of the random usernames on this list when the trophies are awarded. Please note that this is not a bug or a glitch, and we will be unable to award any trophies for max scores aside from this process.

Randomly shifting? Since when? I know you're not guaranteed one; you could get bumped off the top twenty before the trophy award time each night but this going backwards and randomly rotating the names confuses me. Has it always been this way?