Your Most Facepalm-Worthy Experience?

shenANNIEgans

What are some of the biggest blunders you've made in your Neopian experience? Can be anything from avvie hunting to spending your life savings on an HTS...

Mine was when I burned through about 80k at the Lever of Doom trying to get the avvie only to realize that I already had it.

Mine, when I was trying to get the kelp avatar, I thought that maybe I could save NPs by not ordering a full course meal, order just one and see what happens. No leftovers. So I ordered the same thing again and again. Still no leftovers. Fast forward I ended up buying the full course meal and still no avatar. So much for trying to save.

I don't know how many times I've started the wheel of monotony spinning in the background, got busy doing other things and after several hours of spinning accidentally closed the window...

I've also accidentally sent really low scores on games because I wasn't paying attention, only to score way better next go around.

Once I was pricing the items in my shop and didn't add one zero... so a five-digit price got to 4-digit and sold extremely fast...

This reminds me. I did this too. I wasn't paying attention, so I got like 2000 NP instead of 20k. Oh well, the person just got lucky.

When I first got the lab ray I didn't realize it could change your pets species so I was zapping my newly hatched draik for a while :ph34r:

Thankfully nothing happened but stat changes

A long time ago, I got a charm for the stamp album through a RE. I didn't think much of it. I checked the TP price and it was a lot. I'm not into collecting stamps, so I put it up for trade. I received several 6 digit offers for it, but declined because I thought I could get more. I stashed it away for a while and it went down significantly in value. Stupid me.

Can we tell more than one story? I have two facepalm-worthy moments, and I regret both of them.

When I was a nOOb, I got a Fire PB. There weren't many fire pets yet, and I needed NP. I put the thing in my newly-minted shop, and sold it! Now, when I look at all the fire pets and the price of the Fire PB...MIgraine-inducing facepalm!

Not longer after, I got a silvery shield. I don't remember the name, but it was worth 80k on the Shop Wizard at the moment. Thinking this was a huge mistake, I sold it for 10k. That has haunted me ever since.

Can we tell more than one story? I have two facepalm-worthy moments, and I regret both of them.

When I was a nOOb, I got a Fire PB. There weren't many fire pets yet, and I needed NP. I put the thing in my newly-minted shop, and sold it! Now, when I look at all the fire pets and the price of the Fire PB...MIgraine-inducing facepalm!

Not longer after, I got a silvery shield. I don't remember the name, but it was worth 80k on the Shop Wizard at the moment. Thinking this was a huge mistake, I sold it for 10k. That has haunted me ever since.

More facepalm-inducing moments are always welcome! Feel free to share as many noob moments as you want.

That reminds me, I think way back when I was a noob, I sold a Sandtravaganza scratchcard (worth 300k at the time) for 3k in my shop and thought I made a lot of profit...

I've been trying to get the Kiss the Mortog avatar on and off for the last couple of years, yesterday I finally saved four princes in a row!

I didn't realise you have to click collect winnings on the fourth Mortog, so carried on and didn't get it :(

Nearly had a mega face-palm moment this morning too! I don't have a clue which daily it came from as I'm usually extreme unlucky and don't tend to even look at what I win any more :L Thinking it was just a normal plushie, I nearly donated my magical pirate krawk plushie - literally noticed the second before I hit submit!

I used Plushie Jetsam transmorphing potion on my lab rat battledome pet

I think I should settle it with around 925 HP.

But after few weeks, I realize that it could be better if my pet hit 1000 HP

The more wise choice would be train my pet to 1000 HP then use Plushie Jetsam transmorphing potion, however I did it too soon sigh, if the Lab Ray transform my pet to something else I need to spend another 2.5mil on the potion...

A while back using quick stock, I accidentally discarded my snorkle snout instead of putting it into my gallery. I was donating a bunch of cheap items so when the confirmation popped up I clicked yes and didn't think about it. Later I checked my gallery, and no snorkle snout. I felt so terrible about that, I didn't get on neopets the rest of the day lol

After the transition there was a glitch in the shops that would make prices randomly switch...at least for me. So if you had a codestone worth 30k and a weak bottled faerie for 50np it was possible somehow that the codestone would get the 50np price when updated. I lost a zed codestone for 3400 before I caught it and emptied my shop.

Way back in the day, when my account was new, my short attention span got the best of me while I was stocking my shop with codestones, and didn't realize that my price wasn't but two digits long. By the time I submitted the price and realized my mistake, my computer browser crashed, and the codestones were all gone when it worked again a minute later. I lost a good 25k profit that day, and it made me mad, but when a user Neomailed me shortly after saying "Thanks for selling your codestones so cheap, I really needed them!" I just pretended like they were donated to the Money Tree and left it alone.

Whomever got the codestones had their day made, so it wasn't a complete loss. :)

My face-palm experience was when I finally bought a Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield, which I'd been wanting for quite some time, and then while the auction I bid on was still active I got an RE that gave me a 10% discount at the hidden tower. I could have saved over 400,000 NP. Of course I wasn't outbid and won the auction.

I still haven't used my discount yet because I'm saving it for the Grimoire of Affluence book because it's 1 million points cheaper with the 10% off.

Well, it has been many a moon....but....

When started playing I did not know the Trading Post existed. I did not know this for a looooooooooong time (I did not play diligently enough to pay attention to it, nor did I EVER read the News or Boards).

As such...EVERYTHING I sold, I sold in my Shop (thinking that 99,999nps was the most you could charge for anything).

LUCKILY, here and now, I don't remember what all I sold in my Shop in my early days.

That is probably a good thing...if I knew, I'd probably cry!

:P

oh man, so many misguided investments. :rolleyes_anim: like that time i hardcore stocked up on dewberry revivers before the reboot of the battledome, before realizing that now pets healed automatically after battle. or those months before i realized how the stock markets worked, and so i would just buy the most expensive ones. :laughingsmiley:

not horrific, but I stopped playing neopets while still paying for a subscription. I never cleared those couple of scratch cards, and now I cant buy anything at all from the shops, and cant clear my scratch cards because hubby doesnt agree that neopets should be included in our budget >.>