Restocking Question

Atomic Rexx

Here's a question for all you veteran restockers from a newbie.

So I've been staking out the Plushie Palace since it restocks super fast, and I've seen loads of plushies come and go. I was lucky a while back and caught a plushie that was selling for a sort of high price (about 5k) and it was worth about 14k. So I'm just like, sweet, and I put it in my shop. Then a little later, I find another plushie selling for about the same price, and it's worth only about 1k. What gives?

I've read loads of restocking guides and I haven't seen this addressed. How exactly are you supposed to know what's good and what's bad? I mean, those plushies were basically the same price and they sold in user shops for a completely different amount. It's really confusing, and I don't know if I'll have the patience to sit there and memorize the value of everything that pops up unless that's the trick and I absolutely have to. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated since this has been getting on my nerves and inhibiting my restocking ability greatly. :/

There's no magical solution to this problem. The general rule of thumb is that if it only stocks 1 or 2 at a time, it should be worth something. Should being the operative word here - because certain site events may affect an item's actual market price, despite its rarity. The key is practice and knowing what is worth something, unfortunately. If you haven't been playing for long, I suggest an easier shop to practice at, such as Food or Books. Plushies tend to be "throwaway" prizes from site events and once their value drops, they don't go back up (since they aren't one use). Sometimes even coloured plushies won't be worth much since they were given out during one plot or another.

Another thing I used to do was look up a shop using an Item Database, such as JellyNeo's, to have a general idea of which items will be worth something. Of course you can't memorize the entire list, but you can see things you can be on the lookout for. Unfortunately restocking takes a lot of practice and patience to get the big profit items, it took me years to not keep buying worthless things :P

yeah, it's one of those evils of restocking. what I also find helpful is to get to know the shop first by spending a day or so seeing what tends to stock there and buying things that don't pop up very often. I don't actually restock at the plushie shop as I tend to restock just to buy items that I personally want (chocolate and wearables), but you could give that a go there.