New Charity Corner Is Here!

hrtbrk

Granny Hopbobbin is looking for your help by making the holidays bright for all Neopians in need.

Visit her Charity Corner to donate items from your Inventory, and Granny Hopbobbin will reward you in return! Neopians who make the list of Most Generous Neopians will get a special surprise on the 5th of January.

charitycorner_toy_drive_2014.jpg

Charity Corner Guide

Yeah, I don't quite get it. Are you supposed to get the things the 'adopt a neopian' person is asking for? What do you get in return?

@leverhelven, I agree. It seems a bit suspicious.

Yes, you are supposed to "solve" it.

It is essentially another item dump, just like the rubbish avatar. Might help cure our lag problem by taking junk items off the servers.

The "adopt a neopian" part is like a riddle. You have to get the correct items according to the description in the letter. Then you donate and get a prize. I can't even check which prize I got because the site is SO laggy.

Then GUESS WHAT! You have to wait 6~7 hours to "adopt a neopian" again. Coincidence too much?

Argh.

ps: site is laggy as heck right now

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't swear. The offending word has been edited.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I don't get it. Is there a specific combination of items that I'm supposed to give (like the cooking pot)? I can choose any option for the first box but then for the other boxes my choices are greyed out...

Items must be toys and in the same rarity range. Haven't found the exact ranges yet, but am currently attempting to figure them out. Don't fully match with the rarity descriptions, in any case. Items in the "uncommon" and "rare" ranges can go together; some items in the normal range can't (looks like the division is between 69 and 70 or thereabouts, might be another one in the lower ranges).

EDIT: "Special" items (Rarity 101 upwards) can't be used. Suspect the same goes with any other toy above rarity 100.

EDIT2: Ranges as far as I have figured them out:

??-69

70-89 (Approximate. Have only tested with a plushie of rarity 87 and one of rarity 92. 89/90 as dividing line makes most sense, though. Plushies in the 70ies and 80ies do work together)

90-99/100 (Haven't tested, but since items with rarity 101 don't even show up in the drop-down lists...)

There might be another division in the lower ranges.

How can people have donates 155 times already?!?! Am I missing something????

Not so very hard if you have a lot of spare cheap toys in your SDB and a few tabs open, I'd suppose. Those donations would mostly be from the Toy Corner, not the "Adopt-A-Neopian"/"Tree Tag" thing. The former can be done repeatedly regardless of how much time there's been inbetween (probably because you select which items), while the latter is a riddle that requires specific items.

I personally like it. Just cleaned a few Dailies junk items from my SDB (which is full to bursting with those) and got some cookies in return. I just wish there was a way to look at the tag more than once (unless there is and I missed it when I was donating).

I feel like there's no way I'll ever be able to get on the Most Generous Neopians board though, which is a bad feeling. Maybe that's for NC donaters who have a lot they don't want?

I personally like it. Just cleaned a few Dailies junk items from my SDB (which is full to bursting with those) and got some cookies in return. I just wish there was a way to look at the tag more than once (unless there is and I missed it when I was donating).

I feel like there's no way I'll ever be able to get on the Most Generous Neopians board though, which is a bad feeling. Maybe that's for NC donaters who have a lot they don't want?

Nah, you can come a fair way when doing it just on NP items, especially if you get your daily 15 BD items, because there tend to be a fair few cheap plushies and such amongst those items.

I'm currently at 6 donations, and I could be a fair lot higher if I were willing to sacrifice non-spare items, items worth more than 100NP and if I didn't spend most of my time so far either figuring out the exact ranges and such or doing other wholly unrelated things such as flash games, Igloo restocking and such.

I also looked for a way to check the hint/tag twice, but couldn't find it either. Thankfully, I knew four out of five immediately and with a bit of thinking could remember the hint for the fifth.

Some regular keychains work but the keychains from the Obelisk War Prize Shop don't, despite being labeled as toys. I thought I could be smart and get a few thousand of those to donate, but I guess TNT got the best of me.

Aren't those above rarity 100/special item? If so, that makes sense since none of the other special items (Ripped moehog plushie, toys from the advent calendar, etc.) are accepted either.

I'm actually enjoying this (despite the lag)

I've gotten rid of a lot of junk from the battledome for some decent prizes. Not to mention there's a guaranteed reward for the disposing of junk as opposed to the coincidence.

I looked at mine twice.. by Just reclicking to adopt a neopian..

Pattern so far seems to be mostly (wholly?) food items as rewards for donations in the rarity range of up to 69 and mostly wearables (though I also got a clothing-themed island merchandise item) for the 90+ range. Only have one donation in the 70-89 range so far, which was a grooming item, but that seems to be a bit little to base a pattern on.

EDIT: +1 grooming item in the up-to-69 range, so it's not wholly food.

I'm wishing for presents for my family this holiday season. Let me tell you a little about my family. My little sister has a Babaa, but we don't know much about caring for it, so a book would really help her out. My mum sighs each time she looks at our old rug from Altador; I guess it's gotten threadbare. My brother has always wanted to play in the sand on Mystery Island and his favourite colour is orange, and I wouldn't mind seeing Mystery Island someday either, but my favourite colour is blue. Blue is a much better colour. Lastly, my uncle needs a plant for his desk at work, something really cheery. Hope you can help us out!

This was my tag hope it helps :)

UPDATE TO RANGES I stated above, bold are changed/new ranges:

??-69. May have a division in there somewhere, don't know. If there is, it must be below 50, as a Yellow Lupe Plushie can go together with, say, Red Korbat Keyring.

70-79.

80-89.

90+

Pretty sure something has been changed by TNT, because I could have sworn that the combo I just put in was accepted earlier.