New Charity Corner Is Here!

hrtbrk

Several users have already gotten r99 stamps from this daily.

Time for stamp hunting (:

Haven't gotten a r99 stamp yet, but got an approx 50-55k book and a wearable worth a similar amount so far. (That, and two 300np or so grooming items, a 2k book, a 5k wearable and a whole bunch of food ranging from 100np to 6k)

So I guess the moral of the story is I should have chosen the toys and not the tree tag. Darn. I like getting wearables.

Anyone know if there have been reports of wearables or toys or anything besides food from the tags? I got Island Sandies, if that helps.

So I guess the moral of the story is I should have chosen the toys and not the tree tag. Darn. I like getting wearables.

Anyone know if there have been reports of wearables or toys or anything besides food from the tags? I got Island Sandies, if that helps.

You can do both, y'know.

And I think everyone got the same riddle and the same prize.

I'm wishing for presents for my family this holiday season. Let me tell you a little about my family. My little sister has a Babaa, but we don't know much about caring for it, so a book would really help her out. My mum sighs each time she looks at our old rug from Altador; I guess it's gotten threadbare. My brother has always wanted to play in the sand on Mystery Island and his favourite colour is orange, and I wouldn't mind seeing Mystery Island someday either, but my favourite colour is blue. Blue is a much better colour. Lastly, my uncle needs a plant for his desk at work, something really cheery. Hope you can help us out!

This was my tag hope it helps :)

I got the same tag. The items were: Babaa Care, Altador Rug, Bottle Of Orange Sand, Bottle of Blue Sand and Cheery Plant.

Got Island Sandies as a reward.

I'm wishing for presents for my family this holiday season. Let me tell you a little about my family. My little sister has a Babaa, but we don't know much about caring for it, so a book would really help her out. My mum sighs each time she looks at our old rug from Altador; I guess it's gotten threadbare. My brother has always wanted to play in the sand on Mystery Island and his favourite colour is orange, and I wouldn't mind seeing Mystery Island someday either, but my favourite colour is blue. Blue is a much better colour. Lastly, my uncle needs a plant for his desk at work, something really cheery. Hope you can help us out!

This was my tag hope it helps :)

This is the same one I just got. I cleaned out my SDB about a week ago though, so I don't even have extras of these lying around. >.<

I figured out how to work it and emptied out my SDB quite a lot. I'd like to report that I got at least one item of furniture ( a Simple Red Bed), though I forgot the rarity of the toys I donated. I think it was either in the 70s or 80s range.

As others stated, I got food, a stamp, a LOT of books, and a few wearables, none of which would fit my pets (haven't checked the value on those but there are a couple I suspect are fairly valuable).

And I got both my first stamp and card within the past ten minutes!

Card is a pretty common one, or at least, not worth particularly much (~1.5-1.8k, I think), Stamp isn't a r99, but I sure won't say no against r87 65-70k stamps either.

EDIT: Well, 65-70k a few days ago. Suspect I'm not the only one who got it, as it has dropped to about 47-50k. Still not complaining. XD

I personally like it. Just cleaned a few Dailies junk items from my SDB (which is full to bursting with those) and got some cookies in return. I just wish there was a way to look at the tag more than once (unless there is and I missed it when I was donating).

I feel like there's no way I'll ever be able to get on the Most Generous Neopians board though, which is a bad feeling. Maybe that's for NC donaters who have a lot they don't want?

Just keep that tab open, and open a new tab for searching for items :) That's what I did, worked well!

Holy heck, just got a Kauvara card! Yikes! Sell sell sell!

some previously 1np plushies are already inflated to 10k ! thanks a lot , TNT !!! & what did i get in return ? a Splime Chia Pop worth 200NP. Thx but no Thx i'm not taking part in this fiasco again. I donated cuz I thought there might be an avatar. Another event made for people with stuffed SDB's .. there's no way i can donate 300 times

some previously 1np plushies are already inflated to 10k ! thanks a lot , TNT !!! & what did i get in return ? a Splime Chia Pop worth 200NP. Thx but no Thx i'm not taking part in this fiasco again. I donated cuz I thought there might be an avatar. Another event made for people with stuffed SDB's .. there's no way i can donate 300 times

Yeah, inflation on some of the items is going pretty fast.

If you decide you do want to take part, just hop items the moment the price rises above a certain amount. That, and a lot of people who sell one toy have a fair few others in their shop. Just buy anything not too ridiculously overpriced.

So far I'm managing to stay under 200-250np costs per five-item-donation (and often a fair lot under it on the lower rarity sets) because I hop items a lot. Almost every item I have gotten in return is worth either at least about that much or a fair bit more, though I have had a handful of items that were worth less than the toys pre-inflation.

Right now I'm playing the over/under game... if an item is selling high, I'm putting it in my shop. If it's still below 500 np or so, I'm donating for items. So far there have been some lucrative prices (as mentioned above, I've earned at least one UB... though we'll see if that stays UB depending on how often it's rewarded!)

No UBs for me yet, though a few five-figure items so far. Mostly a lot of prizes in the 500-2k range, with a couple of lowballs, three or four prizes on which I made an actual loss, and a handful of items each in the 2-20k and 20k+ range.

Beyond my actual spares, I'm currently keeping my SDB intact. Just buying whatever is still "cheap" to buy. (~50np an item, ~75np an item for the ranges that are harder to find affordable items for. Though I go more for that as an average per set. I don't mind buying a 100np item if I got the other four for 10np each. :P)

strangely my first item was an ub so i sold it quick smart for 250k even tho its last known price was 1 mil. no way am i risking that price drop ! if you want some high rarity plushies to either sell or use to donate i suggest fighting Harry the mutant moehog :)

strangely my first item was an ub so i sold it quick smart for 250k even tho its last known price was 1 mil. no way am i risking that price drop ! if you want some high rarity plushies to either sell or use to donate i suggest fighting Harry the mutant moehog :)

Nice! Smart of you to sell it quickly, especially as the drop-rates of the various items aren't exactly known yet and for all you know the price may indeed drop badly.

I'm thinking of kicking up my "acceptable" price-range to 500np per set. Just ran a bit of a calculation around things and assuming that the items granted by the Charity Corner don't drop by more than, oh, 75% or so, even 500np per set should give a fair profit (and a lot less of a hassle buying stuff).

Why do i feel the top 10 will be given avvies? :/ seems impossible to get to the top 10. I had over 600 toy items in my SBD and it wasn't nearly enough to catch up to the top 10. last person was only 100 difference from where I was. Now its like a good 300 difference. LOL. Plus the lag.... seems ridiculous.

Blah, was going to keep playing for items, but the site seems to have gone completely dead for me. Here's hoping I'll be able to sell my prizes tomorrow!!!

Site was down for a few minutes. Now it's back up. Dead-in-the-water, but back up.

The kind of, "loads one in ten-twenty pages correctly if given several minutes"-back up.

I feel like Neopets is staring at me, raising an eyebrow and muttering "Load pages? What would you want to do that for?". XD

EDIT: WOW. It has improved! Now one in five pages actually loads within two minutes.

(and it's a sad, sad day when that does actually count as improvement)

Yep, site's dead for me too. I was going to hoard toy items and sell them at a later date but I ended up donating anyway just to see if I can get an UB. No dice.