TNT Lowers Charity Corner Prize Requirements

hrtbrk

Every day is a new one. It's like a daily in that regard. lol

And the pencil case is going for like 250k last I checked on the TP.

Hand them out to friends or sell them. Earlier today they were seriously going for 500k. Insane. And yes, new every day.

Well shoot! I wish I didn't give it away to the adopt a neopian! Than I could of sold more! I normally check the inflation before I give away the item, but the one time I don't Ugh!

Hey, is there a method to the madness of the inflation of these everyday items? How do you know what's going to be inflated when the new Adopt-A-Neopian comes out each day? Is it typically the last item, or the first? What is it that makes only ONE of the five items inflate? I know people are buying them when it comes out, so I'm just curious how the decide what to go for?

I'll be on vacation the next two weeks and the plan is buy them at midnight everynight, 2a my time, I want to buy some for my TDNF family too! Thanks!

It's mostly been the food items in cases where there is a food item, which makes sense since they are consumable (books are as well, but you can only read it to your pet once, while food can be repeated). In the other cases, it seems like it's been whichever item was already rarer than the others (pencil case was premium membership based).

I actually would not recommend buying at midnight. Speculators have been driving prices up highest at that time, and prices have then dropped steadily during the day. So unless you have a super-fast computer, SSW, and mad restocking skills, you'll likely pay more at midnight NST. (I tried it at 3am my time a few nights ago, and I couldn't snag a cheap pencil case. When I tried it again the next night, the other items all over-inflated to the 10's of thousands quickly before deflating to 100 NP or less by real morning. I actually made a lot of money that night selling 5 of one of the books for 50k each; I sold most of the rest of the same book for only 85 NP each later that day... My friend with faster internet, faster computer, and SSW tried last night and overpaid for one of the items -- it went unbuyable quickly, but it was only 85k when I got up.)

I'm really disappointed, I have 7 of the adopt-a-neopet donations done, but it looks like I won't be getting the avvie because I missed days 1 and 2 and I can't do any more donations and not even a timer! -le sigh- Thanks tonsil surgery for making me lose yet another new avvie!

I'm really disappointed, I have 7 of the adopt-a-neopet donations done, but it looks like I won't be getting the avvie because I missed days 1 and 2 and I can't do any more donations and not even a timer! -le sigh- Thanks tonsil surgery for making me lose yet another new avvie!

Are you sure you're on the right NP "side" of the event? There are two different URLs -

One for donating toys: http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/np.phtml

One for adopt-a-neopian: http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/adopt.phtml

If you completed today's adopt-a-neopian, there will be no adopt button on the first link, and the second link should show the timer.

The even runs until the 31st, so you still have 8 more days to complete another quest!

Are you sure you're on the right NP "side" of the event? There are two different URLs -

One for donating toys: http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/np.phtml

One for adopt-a-neopian: http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/adopt.phtml

If you completed today's adopt-a-neopian, there will be no adopt button on the first link, and the second link should show the timer.

The even runs until the 31st, so you still have 8 more days to complete another quest!

Thank you for posting those links! I was really worried, I tried reloading and clicking different links and all these different things and somehow it never took me back to that timer page! Your link took me there though. I don't know how I managed to mess that up! Not so disappointed anymore :)

Hopefully they don't make the adopt a neopet item requirements so cheap that you can't even merchant them lol. I made some nice money because of this Charity Corner event. :P

I sure do hope so, haha! I didn't have time today - 'cause I had to work and had a birthday dinner party. Now I'm just home and almost straight heading for bed.

I have now completed 4 quests... and if the rest will be like music box and wacky t-shirt, I fear for it big time.

Thank you for posting those links! I was really worried, I tried reloading and clicking different links and all these different things and somehow it never took me back to that timer page! Your link took me there though. I don't know how I managed to mess that up! Not so disappointed anymore :)

No problem! I think the page with the timer is "hidden" once you navigate away from it after completing the quest - you can't get to it by clicking anything because the Adopt-A-Neopian button won't appear again until the next day. Hope that makes sense. It's kind of weird that they have it set up that way though; I totally get why it panicked you!