Official Warning?

orangebright

I just got my first official warning after many years of playing neopets. I created a new topic to test my signature on the neoboards. This was literally the only post I made. The next day, I got this:

You have received an official warning from the Neopets Team for violating the Neopets Terms and Conditions. Do not spam (or encourage others to spam) the message boards, guild boards, or other site areas. This includes off topic boards, or making multiple boards with the same topic in a short time span. Posting topics simply to try and get the most replies is spamming.

The following is the message(s) that caused you to receive this warning. Any profanity, inappropriate language, or bad acronyms have been replaced with asterisks (****):

- this is my awesome side account. *elephante* *lupe* *shoyru* *tuskaninny*

If you continue to break the rules, your account will be permanently frozen. To see a list of Neo Rules, please visit http://www.neopets.com/chatrules.phtml. Please do not reply to this NeoMessage.

The neopets showed up as smilies. :) I know that it's not a very purposeful message, and I saw that the signature shows up on your preferences after you edit (I only noticed this after I posted to the board), but this seems like a really silly thing to get a warning for. Did somebody really report me for that? :weird:

It was considered spam because of the contents of the message (there was nothing of substance). Which as the message states is what allows you to get a warning.

Some people report for minor infractions like that. I wouldn't be too worried if it's your first warning. Also it's not always because someone reported it, sometimes TNT monitors the boards themselves (they have to) and if they see it then they'll warn.