Expensive stamp acquiring

pang

So now that some expensive stamps prices drop down somewhat, I fully intend to get as much as I can. Only I wonder would it be better (money-wise) to buy loads of toys and hope to get the stamps or should I just buy the stamps and sell the hundred of ex-cheap toys in my scb?

Is there a list somewhere that tell which item people have been getting from the event?

Are there any items that get cheaper apart from the stamps?

So now that some expensive stamps prices drop down somewhat, I fully intend to get as much as I can. Only I wonder would it be better (money-wise) to buy loads of toys and hope to get the stamps or should I just buy the stamps and sell the hundred of ex-cheap toys in my scb?

Is there a list somewhere that tell which item people have been getting from the event?

Are there any items that get cheaper apart from the stamps?

I don't think there is an active list out, no. However, from what I have seen (though I do not donate in the r90+ range, except for a handful in the beginning before the prices of those toys inflated that much, so I don't get r90+ items), stamps are relatively uncommon in the prizes. I don't know how common they are in the r90+ range, but in my mixture of donations (about 60% in the r80-89 range, the other 40% spread roughly equal over r70-79 and r69-and-below), I would estimate that stamps account for roughly 2.5-4% of my prices, and even then a good many of them are hardly worth a thing. So if you're specifically going in it for the stamps, you're probably better off buying those stamps, at least assuming you have some r90+ toys in your sdb.

As to other items getting cheaper, yes. Just about anything below rarity 100 that is neither toy nor required for the adopt-a-neopian is dropping by at least

a little bit. Books in particular are dropping a fair bit for now, if I compare SW prices with JellyNeo estimates, with most books up to 10k having dropped roughly .5-2k and many books above 10k having dropped anywhere from 1k to 20k. Not sure how much the unbuyables are dropping, since I don't come across those a lot.

A fair few wearables are deflating as well, though it depends a lot more from item to item there. Food prices are always somewhat unstable, so can't really say it there though I have seen several cases of deflation as well. (And a couple that actually went up, but I suspect that's simply people buying the new, cheap listings out so that only the old-and-expensive remain).

I had a bunch of R90s and I didnt get anything more than a stamp worth 60K... I considered buying some R90s from shops when they were 20Kish out of desperation, but honestly it seems too iffy based off what my results were already. Buying stamps is the way to go if youre collecting. The only thing is. Who knows if they'll go down or up in price after the event. Its hard to say. The economy is so shifty I'm scared to put my points anywhere lol. Good luck I hope your choices pay off.

I had a bunch of R90s and I didnt get anything more than a stamp worth 60K... I considered buying some R90s from shops when they were 20Kish out of desperation, but honestly it seems too iffy based off what my results were already. Buying stamps is the way to go if youre collecting. The only thing is. Who knows if they'll go down or up in price after the event. Its hard to say. The economy is so shifty I'm scared to put my points anywhere lol. Good luck I hope your choices pay off.

While with the Neopian economy you can never be sure, logic would suggest that they continue going down for a bit after the influx of new stamps stops (because not everyone who gains one and wants to sell it is going to do it right now), then after supply slowly starts decreasing, prices ought to go back up for a bit, though likely they won't reach their original heights any time soon. Especially because stamps are permanent fixtures to the stamp album, and thus most people who have bought it will not ever need to buy another of the same stamp again (with exception of those that like to hoard them in the SDB or have a stamp-themed gallery, but even those won't likely need more than two or three of the same stamp), which means demand will be lower-than-usual for a bit, even taking into account that it is offset in part by the prices being lower and thus people who otherwise would not have been interested looking to buy one after all.

But since it is Neopets, you can never be certain. All it takes is a small group of people buying up the majority of the cheap(er) stamps now released on the market for the prices to go back to their previous point fairly quick and potentially even beyond it.

It took me donating about 38 times to get one stamp worth 2million. It isn't worth buying a bunch of toys and hoping you get lucky. I only donated what i had in my SDB and that was about it (except once when I was 3 away from 5 and bought the cheapest toys i could to even it out so I didn't have any remainder).

Thank you everyone! So I guess I will be buying the stamps and selling the toys.

Edit: I just spend around 40m buying the pricey stamps. Not the crazy expensive ones, though. Just the 2-10 million ones. Got around 15 of them. I still have a loooooong way to go. Not sure if I can finish any album in my life time.