TDNF Family - I'm Heartbroken (Please Read!)

nightfall8705

Some time ago, I created a forum post regarding a woman named Maureen, and her son Peter. Peter is a very close and very dear friend to my heart, who unfortunately, resides in England, while I reside in the US. We've spent lots of time in person together here in the US, and stayed close for years. He means so much to me... but then something happened. His mother developed cancer for the second time within a 5 year range, and this time, it was terminal.

Here are the posts I wrote previously (and thank you to those who read it, and helped.)

Post 1: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/42519-please-tdnf-family-everyone-please-help-me/

Post 2: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/42544-tdnf-family-thank-you-update-on-maureen/

Maureen continued to get worse, and I had people all over the world praying for her and her family. I even put together an online card as well as cards in the mail for her, to give her hope and a bit of happiness...

But now, I am very devastated to tell you the news that I got from Peter this morning...

Maureen passed away in her sleep peacefully this morning at 6.45am GMT.

My heart is so broken. I wish I could have met her. She was an incredible lady to her son. Please continue to pray, send love and warm thoughts, and well wishes for Peter and his family during this difficult time. Thanks for reading. <3

I am extremely and entirely sorry for you and for Peter, but I know that the joy in this is that she is finally at rest and heaven gave her a HUGE welcome party. I will continue in prayer for Peter, his family and for you :D

Thank you, Lia. I love you so much! Thank you for being there for me. My heart aches for him... but at the same time, I am glad she is not suffering anymore. Who knows, maybe her and my mom can meet and be best friends... gosh, losing my mother destroyed my entire life. I know the pain of losing a parent, especially one who was your whole world... Peter's father passed when he was younger, so all he really had was his sister and mother. His sister wasn't around much unless she wanted something, so he was Maureen's primary caregiver, and took her to appointments, and stayed in the hospital with her, and all that. Now that she's gone, his heart is completely broken. Losing a parent is something we all face... but I never wanted him to face that. I had dreaded the day when this news would be told to me... and I've cried my heart out for him and his family. I wish I could do something, but from where I am, I've done all I could.

All I can do is pray and be there for him in spirit (or on Skype.) :sad02: :sad02: :sad02:

Thank you all so much! I love you all very much, and I am encouraged knowing that you all are behind us! I will let him know that we are all here... so he knows he isn't alone during this time! <3

I am so sorry to hear the news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend and family. Barouch Hashem

Thank you all again, my friends for the love, prayers, and support. I was thinking of creating another online ecard for Peter. A sympathy card. If I were to do that, would you guys sign it for him? Bless his heart. He's under so much stress now as it is, and now he has to plan a funeral. My heart is in pieces for him... he is very grateful for all of our love and support though. He's said so before. <3

Hey Angel, I'm very sorry to hear about Peter's mother. It's tragic when a parent or loved one passes. I am glad at least, that she passed away peacefully. I lost an older friend in May to Liver Cancer. The only consolation when I learned he had passed, was that it hit him fast this time, so he didn't have time to suffer. *hug* Everyone grieves differently, but I would suggest you focus on reasons to be glad. Like glad that you got to know someone like her. Memories and other things to be grateful and glad for. Sure, either way you go, the tears will come. But that's natural and imho, healthy. My continued thoughts to you and Peter and his family. Grieving and loss is hard, but I'll think positive that everyone who was fortunate to know her, will be able to grieve and celebrate her at the same time. Take care.

I'm so sorry to hear this news Angel :( I hope that everyone dealing with her passing can find peace. It was an honor to be a part of signing her e-card. Sending warm thoughts your way <3 you know you always have my support

Thank you Brian and Shelley! If anybody has been inspired by her, then she's legendary. Her memory will live on through her children and those she inspired. I am glad that she is no longer suffering now. Times like this either strengthen a person, or break them, and I've already told Peter to lean on me. I've already experienced losing my mother, and I told him I would do anything I could to help him. What he really needs most is love and support, and I have told him we are all behind him. That has seemed to cheer him up some. :)