Was this fair

kaiserbakura

I turned in a most of my toys to Charity Corner among the items gotten was a few R99. One of which was King Kelpbeard Stamp. A few minutes after i stuck it in my trades i got a neomail offering 13 mill pure from someone who claimed it was for his collection. I sent a NM back telling him i just got the stamp and didn't know what it was worth and asked if he could wait a few minutes so i could ask around.

Seconds later i got a reply stating it was worth 10-15 mill and was declining rapidly due to r99 stamps being given out and stated it was take it or leave it right now, he didn't care. I accepted and placed my stamp in auctions for 13m with 1 np increments. I got a NM right after i was done telling me to put a junk item in auctions for 11.5 mill and to put the stamp in trades. I found that strange but it was to late to remove the stamp so i watched the auction closely. There was a bidding war for that stamp.

Did he lie about what the stamp was worth? Did i get ripped off? Or should i simply be happy i made a 13m profit?

I'm curious as to why you immediately put it on the TP if you didn't check what it was worth first. The price of stamps can fluctuate wildly tho. Honestly I'd be happy with the profit you made, especially if you compare it to what you spent on the toys.

I turned in a most of my toys to Charity Corner among the items gotten was a few R99. One of which was King Kelpbeard Stamp. A few minutes after i stuck it in my trades i got a neomail offering 13 mill pure from someone who claimed it was for his collection. I sent a NM back telling him i just got the stamp and didn't know what it was worth and asked if he could wait a few minutes so i could ask around.

Seconds later i got a reply stating it was worth 10-15 mill and was declining rapidly due to r99 stamps being given out and stated it was take it or leave it right now, he didn't care. I accepted and placed my stamp in auctions for 13m with 1 np increments. I got a NM right after i was done telling me to put a junk item in auctions for 11.5 mill and to put the stamp in trades. I found that strange but it was to late to remove the stamp so i watched the auction closely. There was a bidding war for that stamp.

Did he lie about what the stamp was worth? Did i get ripped off? Or should i simply be happy i made a 13m profit?

Did you do a NF-only auction for him? Him asking to split it between auctions and trades could have been a scam. (Some people do follow-through with this method, but others scam. Since you didn't actually do it, you don't know which he was doing.) Basically how it works is you create a junk item auction and expect him to bid on it. He offers less on the trade because he'll be overpaying on the junk auction. If you accept the trade offer before he bids on the auction, he could just never bid on the auction, which would be a scam. He could get frozen if you report him, but you'd lose the item. Of course, you could protect yourself by insisting he bid on the auction before you accept the trade. However, then he places himself at risk that you let him win the junk auction and reject his trade offer. Either way you do it, it's risky for somebody. I realize many people don't care about that risk and just trust that the other party doesn't want their account frozen, but if you can just do a straight auction, you might as well -- and if you make it NF-only, he doesn't have to worry about being outbid, especially if you set the minimum increment high enough. Anyway, it's odd, and I wouldn't agree to his request unless it was necessary to complete the transaction, but that part isn't necessarily a scam.

Did you get a fair price? What he said about the deflation was true. What he said about the starting price, I'm not sure. If you think it was fair, I guess it was. But I know some of those rare stamps started out at close to 100M... I just don't know how fast they've been falling.

Dude, you made a 13m profit! Be grateful! That's A LOT of neopoints! I don't think you got scammed, and if you did, so what!? That's a lot! lol

that is actually how i usually operate.. if i get something i dont know the price of, and i think it is a UB, it is safe in trades from REs, and if i forget the name of it, it might stay lost in my sdb until i run across it one day, or try to enter random words that i think might have been in the name if i didnt dedicate it to memory.. and then i search auctions, tp, shop wiz for my item to price check.. it was embarassing one time to get a 10k plushie for which jelly neo had no price history, i put it on the tp, there were no others there already, and none in auctions, and i was getting excited thinking, yay, UB time! not even close.. and for some reason i didnt check the shop wiz since there were none on tp, and i came here asking for a price check.. face palm smile face time..

This is why I write down the items I feel like might be worth something, dump it in the SDB until I can do my research. But then I'm an IT tech so I tend to document anyways.

Tho that isn't to say never put something in trades for safe-keeping, it's just TNT tends to frown on using the trades for that kind of thing. And SDB is there to begin with.