The Gift of Art (Christmas Art Freebies!)

SillySilenia

Although I do frequently draw, due to my years-long-absence from Neopets I have become remarkably rusty when it comes to drawing Neopets. Since I'm looking to get back into practice, I decided I may as well do it in the form of freebies for you lovely TDN-folks.

Rules (most of these probably go without saying, but never hurts to be careful)

- I don't pretend your pet is mine, you don't claim my artwork is yours.

- I cannot guarantee the quality of my drawings, what with this being practice because I'm rusty.

- If you don't have your Neopets' username linked underneath your name, you'll have to get it to me some other way so I can look at your pets, since I am not psychic. ;)

- I draw whichever pets catch my interest/I feel are somewhat within my abilities to draw and may do so out of order of posting. Posting here is not a guarantee I'll draw your pet. Me drawing a pet by someone who posted later than you did does however not automatically mean yours won't be considered.

- Art may be digital or traditional or a mixture, depending on my mood.

Requirements (really simple, I promise you):

- Having a TDNForums account.

- Having a Neopets account with at least one Neopet.

- Having read, understood and agreed to the abovementioned rules.

- Posting in this thread.

(Told you they were simple, no? :P)

Oh gosh, this is so lovely of you! c: My userlookup is linked right over to the left.

I would like to draw for you too, would it be okay if I drew Woogryn?

Aww, thanks. <3

Certainly, feel free to go ahead! Art is always welcome. =) (I just hope you won't be disappointed at the art I'll be getting you in return. :P)

If you would draw Rainbow_Dipped that would be swell! But naturally, you're welcome to draw any of my other pets if they strike your fancy more.

Thanks in advance, if you decide to draw one of them. And I hope you have nice holidays in any case.

If you would draw Rainbow_Dipped that would be swell! But naturally, you're welcome to draw any of my other pets if they strike your fancy more.

Thanks in advance, if you decide to draw one of them. And I hope you have nice holidays in any case.

Rainbow_Dipped looks lovely. Will certainly consider drawing them, though if I do, I can't guarantee that I'll be able to include all of their clothes. (Would depend a lot on the style I draw them in)

Thank you, even if I sadly doubt it. (My grandmother had a bad brain haemorrhage about two-and-a-half weeks ago and there still is a lot of uncertainty about how much damage there is, etc. We're currently playing the waiting game, as to say.) Same to you, though, I do hope you'll be having great holidays!

Certainly, feel free to go ahead! Art is always welcome. =) (I just hope you won't be disappointed at the art I'll be getting you in return. :P)

My friend, a piece of art made with love is something I am never disappointed in. <3 I'm sure your art is lovely! ^_^

Rainbow_Dipped looks lovely. Will certainly consider drawing them, though if I do, I can't guarantee that I'll be able to include all of their clothes. (Would depend a lot on the style I draw them in)

Thank you, even if I sadly doubt it. (My grandmother had a bad brain haemorrhage about two-and-a-half weeks ago and there still is a lot of uncertainty about how much damage there is, etc. We're currently playing the waiting game, as to say.) Same to you, though, I do hope you'll be having great holidays!

Rainbow and I would certainly understand if you don't draw all of her clothes. She's got quite the ensemble going on at the moment!

And I will certainly have your family in my thoughts. The best we can do in trying times like this, especially during this time of year, is to band together, families and friends and even strangers, to support each other :* I wish there were something I could do, but I hope warmly given Christmas wishes will somehow be able to help.

I would love that! :D Thank you so much! I'm excited to see Gren in your style. ^_^

First need to find the button to switch off my "anatomically realistic feline" mode, since I keep drawing the neck the way it would be on an actual cat, which results in too short distance between head and body and in a far too wide neck for an Aisha. XD

Rainbow and I would certainly understand if you don't draw all of her clothes. She's got quite the ensemble going on at the moment!

And I will certainly have your family in my thoughts. The best we can do in trying times like this, especially during this time of year, is to band together, families and friends and even strangers, to support each other [ :*] I wish there were something I could do, but I hope warmly given Christmas wishes will somehow be able to help.

By giving me something to draw and thus force me to keep my mind on other things, you're already helping. ;) Even though Christmas itself means very little to me (non-religious and here in the Netherlands, it's not our big Gift-Giving Holiday of the Year, either), the sentiment is strongly appreciated. =)

You're pretty awesome to be giving away art to strangers.

Also I have an artsy friend who is from the Netherlands 0.0

I figure that if I'm going to draw random pets that inspire me, I may as well draw random pets that inspire me by people who would love to have some art of their Neopet. XD Though I suppose it sort of is a habit of mine to give away free art, because I think that if I count the total of "art freebie threads" I've ran over the past two year across multiple sites, I'll end up well into the double digits. XD

I suspect that artsy friend is not me, but just for confirmation/denial's sake, I'm 21 years old, female and from the Nijmegen area. (Mind, with the sheer presence of Dutch people online, you'd figure there'd be a lot more than roughly 16.6 million people living in the Netherlands. XD Have yet to come across any international site with a membership of over 50 members where I'm the sole Dutchie.)

I would be very happy if one of my pets inspired you for a drawing :)

Rodolfehno and Rogesque change sometimes, they are my lab rats :)

I'm sending warmth and positive thoughts for the holidays.

Will certainly consider them, though I do not intend to decide on the next pet I'll be drawing until the current piece is a bit closer to completion. Thanks for the heads-up about which two are your labrats, though. Means I'll make sure to save their image immediately if I decide to draw them, to prevent myself from losing my reference image.

Thank you. <3 Same to you.

ART UPDATE: Rough sketch of Grenushol is about 90% completed (struggling on getting one of the legs to look vaguely like a leg rather than something you'd expect to find on a mutant balloonfish or such); line-art of the head is more-or-less finished. Finishing up the remainder of the sketch, then doing the rest of the line-art and working in the details. Might have it finished before going to bed, otherwise it'll be up tomorrow.

ART UPDATE: Rough sketch of Grenushol is about 90% completed (struggling on getting one of the legs to look vaguely like a leg rather than something you'd expect to find on a mutant balloonfish or such); line-art of the head is more-or-less finished. Finishing up the remainder of the sketch, then doing the rest of the line-art and working in the details. Might have it finished before going to bed, otherwise it'll be up tomorrow.

Please feel free to take your time and relax while working on Gren's. c: (Aisha legs always give me trouble. Sometimes they look like marshmallows, other times they look like pool noodles. Haha!)

Please feel free to take your time and relax while working on Gren's. c: (Aisha legs always give me trouble. Sometimes they look like marshmallows, other times they look like pool noodles. Haha!)

Marshmallows would probably come closer to Aisha legs than the... thing... I managed to produce on the second-most-recent attempt. (And then last attempt was lovely. Except for the fact that, taking perspective into account, it was about half the size of the other hind leg...)

If you so desire at any time to draw one of my pets, with or without all of their clothes, that would be super! Latoshiee is my lab rat and is subject to change color, species, or customization at any time; the other four usually look the same. Thanks for taking a look -- you're sweet for doing it this way! :)

If you so desire at any time to draw one of my pets, with or without all of their clothes, that would be super! Latoshiee is my lab rat and is subject to change color, species, or customization at any time; the other four usually look the same. Thanks for taking a look -- you're sweet for doing it this way! :)

You have some awesome looking pets as well. 'specially the Draik, though I think that's a bit beyond my abilities for now. But who knows... once again, will certainly consider them. Thanks for the headsup as to the lab-pet.

ART UPDATE: Rough sketch finished. Rough sketch of background finished. Lining of head (except for details) finished. Lining of background in progress, about 50% done. Lining of body in progress, about 75% done. Estimated time needed to finish this piece: 30m-2h.

Wow! Great offer! lol If you'd care to draw either of my pets, that'd be cool. I like seeing other people's styles and interpretations. ^_^

I guess I'd hope you'd want to draw my Peophin.

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Kaibajouryuuki

I've had him since I made my account. I've trained him hard, put a lot of work into his training more than just his battle-training. He's usually a Christmas Peophin, but for the last year (after a lucky Fountain Faerie Quest) He's eveningtide at present. I'm thinking about changing him back to Christmas, but haven't decided yet. ;)

My other pet, Viragore, is really new. Haven't really decided exactly what my goals for her will be yet. ;)

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Viragore

Thanks for considering. :)

Wow! Great offer! lol If you'd care to draw either of my pets, that'd be cool. I like seeing other people's styles and interpretations. ^_^

I guess I'd hope you'd want to draw my Peophin.

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Kaibajouryuuki

I've had him since I made my account. I've trained him hard, put a lot of work into his training more than just his battle-training. He's usually a Christmas Peophin, but for the last year (after a lucky Fountain Faerie Quest) He's eveningtide at present. I'm thinking about changing him back to Christmas, but haven't decided yet. ;)

My other pet, Viragore, is really new. Haven't really decided exactly what my goals for her will be yet. ;)

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Viragore

Thanks for considering. :)

They're both absolutely lovely, even if Viragore still is "plain". Will most certainly consider.

ART UPDATE: My piece for Grenushol is now finished! Now considering who I will be drawing next.

358rp0k.png

They're both absolutely lovely, even if Viragore still is "plain". Will most certainly consider.

ART UPDATE: My piece for Grenushol is now finished! Now considering who I will be drawing next.

358rp0k.png

Eeeeee!!! This is so cute! I absolutely love it! I love all the details you put in, and that is something Gren would totally ABSOLUTELY say! <3 Thank you so much! Thank you thank you! :D

(Also I shall PM you Woogyrn's picture. c: )

Eeeeee!!! This is so cute! I absolutely love it! I love all the details you put in, and that is something Gren would totally ABSOLUTELY say! <3 Thank you so much! Thank you thank you! :D

(Also I shall PM you Woogyrn's picture. c: )

You're welcome. =D I am glad to hear you like it so much!

(PM received. Will reply later, as I'm about to log of. The art's lovely--thanks! <3 :D)

ART UPDATE: Next pet to be drawn--after I catch some sleep, several hours later than I should ><--is pulpfreeoj's Rainbow_Dipped.

Hi, this is a brilliant idea! If you still have some time to spare, and not enough inspiration, I'd love for you to draw one my neopets, preferably PoemaNinja (my NP username is the same as on TDN, and I believe it's linked here as well)

Thanks in advance, and I hope everything will go as okay as it can with your grandmother. :)

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Buddehy

You're really great at drawing :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please have at least seven words in your post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

If you'd like you can draw my pet(s) as well.

I think it's awesome there are talented people here on TDP! I looooove looking at any kind of artwork! Lia did my Poogle, and it's awesome! :)

Back around. ART UPDATE: Starting the sketch of Rainbow_Dipped.

CherryGrass, thank you for the great compliment. <3

tk421beth, Marae19: Will certainly consider your pets as well. =)

tk421beth: Yeah, Lia is amazing. <3 She drew my Poogle as well and indeed, it's awesome. <3