This lag.....

Musical_Shoyru

I feel like this lag has been so significant to EVERYONE that it should have it's own name or something! LOL Like "The Great Lag of 2014"

If you could name it, what would you call it?

"You Will Never Get The Next Snow Wars Trophy or Beat Punchbag Bob Until 2015"

Or at least that's my experience. Maybe the battledome battles aren't affected by the lag, I'm not sure.

"You Will Never Get The Next Snow Wars Trophy or Beat Punchbag Bob Until 2015"

Or at least that's my experience. Maybe the battledome battles aren't affected by the lag, I'm not sure.

I actually beat Punchbag Bob yesterday... battledome is mostly ok now weirdly enough!

I'd call it "Dear TNT, Good Intentions Won't Fix the Lag" lag :mellow:

I mean, it's nice that they show they're aware of it, and even lowered the requirements for the Charity Corner event, but IT STILL DOESN'T FIX THE LAG! :angry: :angry:

"Don't Even Think About Playing NeoQuest"

Seriously, it's so annoying. I'm trying to play NQ2, but it just takes sooooo long to move.

I didn't even think of NQ, that must be really frustrating. I was planning on starting 2 soon but I guess that'll have to wait lol

My husband and I have a habit of adding "mageddon *insert year here*" to everything, so I'd probably call it Lagmaggedon 2014 :D

I play Neggsweeper a lot and it's weird, sometimes it'll be slower than molasses, but then it will have a burst where it goes really quick. It's kind of hit or miss, so it depends on how patient I am that day :p

My friend has been testing Downforeveryoneorjustme whenever Neopets starts lagging, and she's actually found that most of the "lags" are actually the site going offline for microbursts (less than 1 to up to 10 minutes at a time). I don't know if TNT is taking it down briefly as it tests/fixes things (that's her theory), but I think most users would rather that kind of work be done in a concentrated effort at scheduled times, if possible. For example, if TNT needed to take the site down for 30 minutes every day, as long as they aimed for the same time, I think we could all deal with that. It would be preferable to these unpredictable, frequent "lags."

I would call it "Lagaminute Lagamonth Lagamuffin 2014."

My friend has been testing Downforeveryoneorjustme whenever Neopets starts lagging, and she's actually found that most of the "lags" are actually the site going offline for microbursts (less than 1 to up to 10 minutes at a time). I don't know if TNT is taking it down briefly as it tests/fixes things (that's her theory), but I think most users would rather that kind of work be done in a concentrated effort at scheduled times, if possible. For example, if TNT needed to take the site down for 30 minutes every day, as long as they aimed for the same time, I think we could all deal with that. It would be preferable to these unpredictable, frequent "lags."

I would call it "Lagaminute Lagamonth Lagamuffin 2014."

Actually, most of those aren't actual downtimes. Downforeveryoneorjustme/isituprightnow/most other testing sites tend to label a site as offline when they can't reach/load the page but lag out/ping out. Since I've seen both label Neopets as down at least fifteen times total when I could, with serious patience, actually access the site...

(I tend to multi-tab to the extreme. When it's down-down, either all tabs keep hanging and loading eternally, or actually ping out/give an error message. When out of twenty tabs, 18 do that and two manage to get through, the site can't actually be down.

Even if in effect the results are more-or-less the same)

As to the lag's name... How about the "I can take a nap in the time it takes Shop Wizard to load"-lag? The "It just took me two hours to reprice 50 out of 95 items in my shop" -lag? The Apocalags? The Armalagdon? The Calagclysm?

Am I the only one who thinks that the lag has gotten significantly better over the past few days? I only really encounter it during the midnight frenzy when I was coming across it 100% of the time before.

It hasn't really gotten better on my side.

Yeah, in bursts. The good bursts are better than they were. (Formerly, 5-10 seconds lag made it a good burst. Now pages actually load within a normal timespan from time to time). However, the bad bursts don't seem to have gotten any less frequent here, nor do they seem to take any shorter a time than before. Lost two gamescores to lag today, pinged out on three shopwizard searches, died during turmac roll twice because of lag, had several spikes where usershops took over twenty seconds to load, had enough time to play three levels of Spellseeker before my inventory item pop-up window had finished relocating an item to my shop and had to reload the games room page twice in a row because it misloaded (none of the images showed up).

And, as my previous post references, I gave up trying to reprice the items in my shop yesterday because it took me over two hours to do the first half.

For reference: I've only spent an hour-and-a-half on Neopets so far today. ><

Am I the only one who thinks that the lag has gotten significantly better over the past few days? I only really encounter it during the midnight frenzy when I was coming across it 100% of the time before.

Yeah, that's what's been happening for me. Around midnight NST, it's really bad. But the rest of the day, it's pretty much smooth sailing except for a couple of pages. :)