Is The Charity Corner worth it?

Debtcollector

Has anyone got some good insight on this? Anyone used hundreds or even thousands of r90-99 toys or r80-89 toys? What price would be worth trading in the five toys for the two rating brackets? Can this potentially be profitable or is it just a big money sink to get a potential avatar or something special at the end? I tryed it once dumping 120k for the r90-99 toy bracket and got something worth 10k. Care to share your experiences?

Dumped 5 r90+ toys from my SDB on day 1 and got a Kauvara card that I flipped for a quick 500k. I'm not really spending any money on the event with the exception of the tags to get the possible avatar. I'm mostly selling any high rarity toys I have. I've made a very solid profit, even buying the inflated items for the tag event.

I donated a bunch the first two days when I could still get r80 items for ~50 NP a piece. Aside from two times I got items that were 5k + in profit (mostly 10-20k+) including one UB book. I haven't tried any r90 items so I can't speak to that, but I think going one tier below was definitely worth it in my opinion.

Really you made 500k on your first trade in and you decided to not do anymore? I personally would have done another 1 or 2 if I got somewhat lucky xD

To be fair, I did quite a few that day and only got the one high end trade in. I still throw any plushies I find into the toy donation bin, but I'm mostly selling them now. If I had sold all of the r90+ plushies I traded in on the first day I probably still would have ended up with 500k. I just don't really like spending money to make money lol. I'm just not that great at the investment end. I figure I was lucky, I'll call it a day with the spending!

I have around 400 plushie in r90. I sell them all for 30-35k apiece. And use that money (and more) to buy stamps worths around 2-5m each. Someone on this forum (many someone) told me it's better this way.

For quick calculation say a r90 stamp is worth 7m on average (this number is fictional, I don't know for sure. I have seen them price from 10k to 100m), it's equal to 200 plushies. You can do the donation 40 time. That is if the percentage of getting something good is 2.5% or more, the donation is good. Otherwise, not.

I've donated...24 times, which means nearly 100 items and I've gotten a lot junk and only one barely unbuyable. I really don't know if I'm going to continue. And I've only been able to complete 1 "adopt a neopian." I refuse to pay 10-100K just to win an item that will probably be for sale for a couple hundred next month. I like participating in things, but not when TNT expects me to shell out so many NP. It's taken me a long time to earn that money, I'm not going to blow it on some daily. Same reason I stopped playing the Coincidence. Not worth it.