Who else got heartbroken with today's (12/20) Adopt-a-Neopian message?

leverhelven

So today's (December 20th) letter from the Adopt-a-Neopian event was:

"I'm a Vandagyre! I like pie! I don't like being abandoned, though. My owner kept me around for one week, and then off to the Pound it was. I'm not sure what I did wrong. I'm living at the Pound now, and we're supposed to ask for five things we need. So... I didn't learn about much in my one week of freedom, but I would like a rice bowl. Brown rice is yummy. I don't have any tea here; can you find some that's cherry-flavoured? An assortment of biscuits to go with the tea would be great, too. Then I would like a hand puppet, maybe one of those pandaphants? They're so cute! Lastly, could I have a cardboard box that growls? They're hilarious!
Thanks for caring! Vandagyre in the Pound"

Oh MY! I felt so sad reading this. It surely happened a lot after Vandagyres were presented... I felt so sad for the poor little guy! Did anyone else feel the same? :(

Me too. :( I love Vandagyres and adopted one soon after their release. This was pretty much my thought process in reading today's letter:

"I'm a Vandagyre! I like pie!" Heehee, so cute! Maybe I should try feeding some pie to my Vandagyre.

"I don't like being abandoned, though. My owner kept me around for one week, and then off to the pound it was." Man... well, that's probably what happened after they were first released, people adopted them and then threw them in the pound...

"I'm not sure what I did wrong." Oh, no... :sad02: :sad02: :sad02:

That last statement really hit me, speaking from the pet's perspective not understanding why they were thrown away... I can't stand the thought of sad, abandoned pets (real or virtual). At least the good thing about the event is that we can help out.

"I'm not sure what I did wrong." Oh, no... :sad02: :sad02: :sad02:
That last statement really hit me, speaking from the pet's perspective not understanding why they were thrown away... I can't stand the thought of sad, abandoned pets (real or virtual). At least the good thing about the event is that we can help out.

Yeah, right? I can't help but think of all the real-life pets that are bought for Christmas/birthdays and get abandoned sometime later... It might sound silly to feel the same for a virtual pet, but OMG, I can't help it! :sad02: If I had any spots left on any of my accounts I'd totally search the Pound for a Vandagyre and adopt it...

omg haha yea it was so sad. They really added emotion to it. I liked it. I love my vandagyre. I know its limited with customization but I don't mind waiting :) Awesome neopet!

I did. Vandagyres are so cute! (They should totally make one black and white and call it Pandagyre). Anyway, I created a blue one as soon as they came out, and I love mine, but I really felt bad for that little guy. It does remind me of real life pets and how they feel in the pound. :(