Side Accounts Help?

spotify95

Hi,

I have had 2 accounts for quite a while now (on Neo), a main account, and a side account.

Now, I know that there are various restrictions on what you can do on side accounts (to stop people from having an unfair advantage), but my question is this: when I created the side account, I was allowed to claim 2500NP to get me started (this happens with all new accounts). What can I do with this 2500NP that I got given? Am I allowed to use it to buy cheap food from the Shop Wizard, in order to feed the pets?

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Spotify95

Yes, I believe you can keep & use the 2500 NP, as well as the NP earned if you create a pet on that account, and also if a random event occurs while logged in on that account. If you run out of NP on your side and want to keep feeding your pets, you'll have to send food by using the "give to a Neofriend" function when you click on the item in your inventory, or transfer NP (I think through the trading post).

The best and easiest way to feed your pets on your side account is to use the neolodge. Just remember that any neopoints to support your pets on your side accounts must come from your main and you're good to go. :)

Yes, I believe you can keep & use the 2500 NP, as well as the NP earned if you create a pet on that account, and also if a random event occurs while logged in on that account. If you run out of NP on your side and want to keep feeding your pets, you'll have to send food by using the "give to a Neofriend" function when you click on the item in your inventory, or transfer NP (I think through the trading post).

So does this mean that I am able to use the 2500NP to buy foods from the shopwiz, then afterwards I have to use the "give to neofriend" option? Usually I transfer foods from main to side ( via the "Give to Neofriend" option) but I am wondering about the 2500NP that I was given when I first created my side?

The best and easiest way to feed your pets on your side account is to use the neolodge. Just remember that any neopoints to support your pets on your side accounts must come from your main and you're good to go. :)

So what about the 2500 NP that I got from when I first created the side account? How can I spend that?

Yes, you can spend the 2500 on food and such. Just don't go investing it in lottery tickets!

As lottery tickets would gain an unfair advantage over people with only a main account. :)

In that case, I'll go shopwizzing another day with my 2500NP to get cheap food for the side. once the 2500NP is used up then I'll stick to transferring food from the main :)

I did my best to search for editorial answers on this subject. The best I could find was that TNT said the 2500 NP is not to be transferred to your main and is to remain on your side for the care of your side pets.

There were a couple other editorials that stated that you could send NP to sides for pet care, but that it was probably easier to just send the items. Nothing I could find specifically stated that you could, or couldn't, purchase items on your side, for care of your side pets.

I did my best to search for editorial answers on this subject. The best I could find was that TNT said the 2500 NP is not to be transferred to your main and is to remain on your side for the care of your side pets.

There were a couple other editorials that stated that you could send NP to sides for pet care, but that it was probably easier to just send the items. Nothing I could find specifically stated that you could, or couldn't, purchase items on your side, for care of your side pets.

Hi Spritzie,

I wouldn't contemplate transferring the NP from the side to the main as that is blatant misuse of the account system to gain an advantage over other players.

What I have previously done is used funding from the main to buy food, then transfer it to the side, but since I have the 2500NP, I was thinking about using that for care of my pets (by buying cheap food from the shopwiz)

Seeing as though you couldn't find anything on this, I am taking it that it is safe to go on the shopwiz with the 2500NP provided it is for food only (i.e. providing care for my pets)? and that after the 2500 is used up the funds have to come from my main?

Thanks once again for your help :)

I just use the soup faerie to feed my pets on my side. I still have about 1600 np, only spent on some adoption fees.

I just realized, is visiting the soup faerie in a side against rules somehow? I never considered that.

EDIT: It is explicitly allowed to go to the soup faerie on a side, as per this editorial. Just for anyone curious. So I guess that's an option if you have the patience for it and/or don't have many pets on sides, like me.

oops i transferred the 2500 to my main when i created my side as i thought i would get in trouble for having and np on my side, should i be worried? was about three months ago

it'd probably be worse to transfer to the main, as the NP on the main isn't subject to the restrictions to the side account, so it's basically making money out of alt accounts which isn't allowed. but since it's 3 months ago you should be fine as the 2500NP was probably spent long time ago.

I'm probably going to keep the NPs on my side, just for safety's sake, and use the shopwiz on the side for food, if that's allowed (which going on this it should be)

Edit: Since you can't double post on here, I'll have to edit.

I've just requested an Editorial on this topic; hopefully TNT will come back with a definitive response. But from what I am aware, I should be okay to buy food on my side, using the 2500NP I was given when I first created the side? :)

Edited by spotify95