This is SERIOUS!!!

sarvesheb

Hello my neo username is hellothere014

Recently I saw many changes in my neo account. I suspected that my account has been compromised. But I didn't take any action. Now today, someone has changed my password as well as the e-mail connected to it. Now I am helpless... Even to submit a ticket to neopets I must be able to log in with that account.

Is there any other way to retrieve my account??
PLEASE HELP:(

I'm sorry to hear that. Only TNT can help in a situation like this. Create another account and submit a ticket pertaining to your main account "hellothere014", explaining the situation. I suppose they can freeze the account but I don't know what else they can do. Sorry, :(

Oh, and if you decide to start playing again with a new account, consider equipping your browser (preferably Mozilla Firefox) with NoScript, which blocks java scripts and cookie grabbers. For further info, see this petpage http://www.neopets.com/~Sicano

Now I am not able to access the account as someone has changed my password.

That is why I wanted help from you people

If you use the same password for Neopets as you do for other sites then it will be wise for you to reset those passwords too, especially if the person who has access to your Neopets account may also know your email address. I imagine this is where AllTimeMarr was coming from.

Unfortunately, you're asking for help from the wrong people. Only TNT can help in this situation. Also as someone already said; you stated you thought your account had been compromised and didn't do anything about it, until it was to late. That's rather unfortunate, but, it could have been prevented.

Anyway, your best bet is to make a side account and submit a ticket that way. Make sure you include as much information as you possibly can pretaining to your lost account. Every little bit,helps. Literally... ANYTHING is very helpful in proving the account does indeed belong to you.

Now here's the issue; TNT is notorious for taking their time when handing requests. Meaning, you might be waiting quite some time to get a responce I've head of people waiting MONTHS for a reply, and even then that didn't give them their account back. That was just a reply. When I was hacked, I personally had to wait 4-5 months before getting my account back.

Also If you lost anything- like items and neopoints, TNT will NOT replace that.

I wish you the best of luck, my friend.

If you use the same password for Neopets as you do for other sites then it will be wise for you to reset those passwords too, especially if the person who has access to your Neopets account may also know your email address. I imagine this is where AllTimeMarr was coming from.

Yes, that is also a very good point!

Also, to change one's password and or attached mailaddress, don't you have to confirm that change via your OLD mail address? So didn't you get an mail notification saying that you wanted to change your password or mail address?

I do not know if this is the case, but it seems logic to have to confirm any of such changes, like a safe precaution? If this is really true, that person might also have access to your mail.

~~

And regarding my earlier comment, as Brit already stated above, you said "Recently I saw many changes in my neo account. I suspected that my account has been compromised. But I didn't take any action." I was referring to that, whenever you think someone might have logged in to your account, you should double check your settings (is the mail address still yours?) and change your password.

Better safe than sorry!

Now I am not able to access the account as someone has changed my password.

That is why I wanted help from you people

You said that you noticed things that made you think your account had been compromised but did not do anything about it. A quote from your original post, "Recently I saw many changes in my neo account. I suspected that my account has been compromised. But I didn't take any action." That is the reason that AllTimeMarr said that if you even suspect that your account has been compromised you should change your password. In the future, if you notice these things on ANY account, change your password right away. The person was probably checking to see if your account was worthwhile, then made their move.

However, what's done is done. Now, the only option you have is to send a ticket from a side account. If you don't have one you need to create one right away! Good luck to you.

As former tech support, the OP makes me cringe.

If you ever suspect something like this in the future, you need to do something right away.

It's unlikely you'll get your original account back, but as everyone else says you'll just have to make a 'side' account and send in a ticket. Try to remember things you have in your SDB or anything else that is hard for anyone to know.

I am really sorry to hear about your problem. I hope the neopets team fix it soon.

I use Chrome. Can anyone recommend something like Noscript but for chrome?

Also, when you say that you thought that your neopets account has been compromised what do you mean? What did you see and thought what was strange?

Edited by lianakos

I saw that the last time someone used your account was 6 days ago. (last seen 6 days ago) So maybe it isn't hacked after all, just a glitch from the site? I would go on Facebook and send them them a private message to ask them to retrieve your account.