it's almost time for my favorite holiday!!!

Avia loves Chias

We haven't done anything exciting for new year's in a while. And when you normally stay up all night to begin with, it loses its punch that it had when you were a kid.

I'll probably be reading and not even notice midnight come around. lol

since I was young I've always been dragged to my mom's boss's new years party since they're good family friends. So I've never cared much for New Years. Usually don't do anything exciting. I have relatives coming up new years day which will be fun though :) Although they're coming up for my dad's Birthday- not New Years lol

I kind of agree with Shane here. Most nights I'm awake until 3-4am anyway. New Years was a lot more exciting as a kid. Even as a teen my parents might let me have a glass or 2 of er... adult juice? x] But, now that I'm old enough that I can have juice anytime I want, and stay up as late as I want anyway, it's really no big deal.

Of course, the parties are always fun, but New Years as a whole, really isn't that big of a deal for me.

I love New Year too! We're having people round for drinks then the boys are going out and the girls are staying in to watch the London fireworks on the TV.

I can't believe so many of you stay up so late regularly! I'm normally in bed by 10 so staying up for the New Year is a big event for me hehe!

My mum was just asking me about 20 mins ago what I'm doing for NYE and I didn't have any kind of interesting answer for her. I mentioned that I'd said to my husband that we should get together with/try and catch up with somebody for it but at the same time I feel very 'Meh' about the whole thing. Staying up holds no intrinsic appeal for me these days; it's more the idea of having a bit of fun with friends that I'm more interested in but everybody is away for the holidays! Might have to give this one a bit more thought actually. I've got two days to get something planned!

All my really close friends live interstate... :sad01_anim:

Usually we get the whole neighbourhood toghether and eat oliebollen (typical Dutch New Year's food) home made by one of my neighbours, and they're the best. But those are my dad's neighbours, and I'm at my mom's this New Years, so we're going to her sister (my aunt), and just hang with them and have fun with fireworks at eight 'o clock (their idea, not mine), so it's probably gonna be fun :)

Not doing much...planning on playing D & D 5th Edition on New Year's Eve with some leftover sweets from Christmas.

It will most defiantly be a very nerdy New Year for us! :nerd:

I'm at home for the holidays and my parents aren't exactly the celebrating type, so I'm not even sure I'll be awake come midnight :P I'm not really a late night person. But I did just get a five year journal for my birthday (the kind where you answer a question every day for five years and compare answers across years), so I might stay up to answer the first question right at midnight! (am lame, I know :D)

For the last six years I've been ringing in the new year at home either drinking and playing video games with a friend or simply watching a movie. This year one of our friends is DJing a new year's party at a bar/hotel. In addition to paying her they're giving her a free private cabin to stay in and a tab at the bar... so I have a feeling I'll be the only one remembering new years since I don't drink.

To be honest, I forgot all about New Year's until I saw this post.

I probably won't stay up, even if I do I'll be playing a game or reading. It's not a very exciting holiday for me.

Last New Year's I kissed my boyfriend, but we're in different states this year.

Nothing exciting going on here. Probably just going to stay up and watch movies together. Family may call after midnight, but other then that just another night in my house.There's no fireworks in my area thankfully. My pup hates them and is on edge for the entire night and following day.

I talked to my parents and we either will be going out to eat around like 5 or 6 (because people still think it's smart to drink and drive and we'd rather not be victims of stupidity) or we'll just be indoors eating and will probably watch the ball drop or find a channel showing fireworks and stuff.

I was supposed to go to a party at my friend's house, but I'm kind of mad at him so I've decided to stay at home (yes, I'm an idiot).

I'll be with my parents, my brother and my grandmother. I don't mind this, because I never do anything big on new years, but I wish we didn't have to watch TV. Every year we watch the same show... And the fireworks. I hate them so much.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to all the food and the drinks! Also, my family sort of has a tradition where we put in all our favourite moments throughout the year in a piggy bank, and on new years eve we open it and read it. Then we start a new one.