Hoarding

passiflora

I have a lot of stuff in my safety deposit box, but I decided to start cutting down. I feel like it's kind of like doing my part to be a responsible citizen of Neopia. I definitely intend to keep all the event items and my favorite things that I have stored away, but I've started getting rid of my prizes from dailies and duplicates of items I don't really like. These events just aren't that important to me. I did get the avatars for both the Charity Corner event and the Coincidence, but I honestly couldn't remember if I had the Coincidence one or not until I looked it up. Getting avatars is fun, but I'm not a collector.

I did have the advantage of being able to afford to buy the items during these events. I'm not super rich, but I might feel differently if these events cost me a big chunk of my np.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wishfulthinker427

Hmm. I think I would have to say I like to keep my SDB fairly clean and neat. I try to only keep rare items or helpful items (some food, medicine, etc.) stored there. Unfortunately, since I'm after the packrat and rubbish avatars, that won't be in the cards for me for a little while! Thinking about it sort of makes me cringe!

I am definitely a hoarder. Have been since I started playing neo 11 years ago. But in my defence I have a large shop and am constantly changing the items stocked, so I need to have lots of items on hand. I also help a lot of people out with their galleries and wishlists. Over the years I have helped at least 2 dozen people with their collections and recently I was able to help someone with their gallery with an additional 20 items that came from my sdb.

Like I said in the other treat about the SDB I'm really not a hoarder :).

I like my SDB clean and tidy with just a few items with some emotional value (yeah, emotional value... :rolleyes_anim: ) and codestones and stuff like that.

Events like the Charity Corner won't really make me change my mind, I just can't stand the fact that I don't know all the items I have in my SDB.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh gosh, I am such a SDB hoarder. It's a combination of reasons for me... I like having at least one of everything (because you don't know when it might be useful!), and it's just gotten to the point where there's so much stuff I can't even contemplate trying to clean it all out. So it just keeps adding up.

It's kind of funny because I'm the opposite in real life; I'm sort of a minimalist with actual possessions. I'm not sure why I choose to hoard on Neo -- possibly because pixels are pretty to look at and don't take up actual space. :D

I've only got about 600 items (2300 quantity), but what's funny is shiny obsidian makes up more than half that number. For some reason I feel the need to deposit those, and all the forgotten shore map pieces from dailies. I really wish that you could organize your SDB as easily as your gallery, where you could have categories or at least sort them with ranks.

I usually keep my SDB empty, though now there are a few hundred items waiting to get in my shop. I haven't actually been pricing them lowest as possible :D

Also, half of those I think is NC items :K I once had a little spending problem.

I've only got about 600 items (2300 quantity), but what's funny is shiny obsidian makes up more than half that number. For some reason I feel the need to deposit those, and all the forgotten shore map pieces from dailies. I really wish that you could organize your SDB as easily as your gallery, where you could have categories or at least sort them with ranks.

I remember TNT saying something about revamping the SDB at some point in the editorial, that was some time ago though. Who knows, maybe we'll get to make our own categories, that'd be great!

Items: 594 | Qty: 952

I'm working on my hoarding skills! Once I've got the packrat and rubbish avatars it'll be interesting to see how my habits change. That's not gonna be any time soon though xD

• 4 months later...

I am such a hoarder, I always dump those useless battledome items in my SDB in hopes of them being worth something someday :p

Items: 605 | Qty: 1,538

I only hoarded until I got the SDB avatar, but now I run a tight ship! I still don't have the Rubbish avatar, but I doubt I'll EVER get that one.

I have a few things I'm saving for a rainy day, or gifts from friends, that kind of thing, but most of what I get, I just sell on. I don't see the sense in keeping a bunch of stuff rotting in there for all eternity.

I used to keep it neat until I randomly changed my mind to go for the packrat avatar, I always refused to get it because I thought my SDB would be way too messy, and IT IS!

But I'll discard the junk for another avie and give away the fairly good items afterwards, so it's not that bad. It'll just take a lot of time to clean out, I guess..

Every time I've switched mains it has always been the same. Hoard up until I get the packrat avatar and then clean out/discard the junk. I used to also go to the money tree and get ten junk items per day to discard.

Kinda wanted to start a guild at one point to find inactive accounts that still had junk items in shops and come together to get all those items off the market from inactive accounts and discard them. Picking up trash when the person who left it there is never coming back, that sort of thing. ^^' I never got that far though, I can organize but guild running is kinda stressful, especially with my IRL schedule.

This probably relates to my awful clutter anxiety though. I can't stand messes IRL and the idea of everything being such a junk heap bothers me to no end.

I'm a recovering hoarder. I've decided to sell everything. I've cleaned out my house and gardens. Now I'm working on my safety deposit box. After that I'll do my gallery and my card collection. The only stuff I'm keeping at the moment is wearables and stuff that will help my training. Every np over 10 mill I'll invest in training or my stamp collection (that's not that big yet, 201 stamps…)

Pretty much everything goes into my shop. When I run out of space, I keep it in my SDB. I don't really throw away junk items, because for some odd reason people in the past purchased it from my shop for 3 NP O.o 

Strange Indeed. So, I suppose I am a Hoarder.

I'm totally a hoarder. When I fill up my inventory with all the stuff from my dailies, I put a few things in my shop, use the food/books on my Neopets, then just deposit the rest into my SDB. Every once in a while I'll go in there, choose a category of stuff, and sell a good amount of it, but for the most part, it just sits there forever, waiting to be useful XD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My SDB is full of jelly duplicates, I can only afford 1 of everything in my gallery so all blobs from the giant jelly and anything else wobbly I find lying around goes in there. And nothing else, either shop or drop in my case :-D

• 5 months later...
Guest misarella

I am a neat freak irl, but my safety deposit box is a mess. Still, the safety deposit box is a neat item no matter the number of items you have since anything can be found using the search box or found by category.

My name is Beth, and I have a hoarding problem. Nice to meet everyone :laughingsmiley:

Items: 2,477 | Qty: 5,907

I'll hoard items on the off chance they inflate later on. For example, I remember when the Mystery Island Aishas Stamp was worth like 1 NP because it was so common, but since it became retired, it's jumped to 250k.

But while I was in the process of getting the Rubbish avatar, I discarded all items that had no chance of inflating (ex. advent calendar items, and general junk items).

I've started a gallery so I can hoard in 2 places at once...*goes and sits next to Beth in Hoarder's Anon corner* :laughingsmiley: It can be the most random things that push my hoarders button, too. But it's so much better doing it on Neo than in RL, so I'm happy to give in to the impulse B)