Neopets Down: Jan 15th 9PM NST - Jan 16th 9AM NST

hrtbrk

Just a reminder that Neopets will be taken temporarily offline January 15th at 9 pm NST until January 16th at 9 am. Stick with TDN for any updates that are released.

yurble_cry.gif

12 hours!?!?!

In the mean time, don't forget about our free chatroom, where you can hang out and chat in real time with all your favourite members of TDN!

For all the rules of the chat and how to join, please view here!

Just a reminder that Neopets will be taken temporarily offline January 15th at 9 pm NST until January 16th at 9 am. Stick with TDN for any updates that are released.

12 hours!?!?!

In the mean time, don't forget about our free chatroom, where you can hang out and chat in real time with all your favourite members of TDN!

I tried connecting via TDN 's chat link and got this message:

The server at tdnchat.twilightparadox.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventingGoogle Chrome from accessing the network.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

We just updated the link and it should be working now. Sorry about that. :)

Yay thank you Ruto! :happydance: It looks like it is working now. Also I'm relieved because as usual, I thought I had done something wrong, that it was my computer not connecting or that I had used the wrong browser.

Thanks for the update. I was unaware of the downtime as I've been avoiding Neo until the NP lag is fixed. I'll most likely be busy myself, but if I get a chance, I may pop onto the chat for a bit. We'll see. :)

I'm a little... okay a lot, confused here. What's the chatroom, and where can I find it?

From hrtbrk's post above there's a link to a page which tells where and how:

It helped me to read that page before I clicked on the link to the chat. Good luck! :)

Does anyone want to take bets on how long after 9am NST on the 16th that it actually comes back? Because they said the transition was only going to take like 2 days and I think it was close to like a week before it ran even semi-well. I popped off about that time and have just come back and it looks like it STILL isn't working. Weird because you'd think 4 or 5 months would be plenty of time to fix things like that.

Hopefully this'll fix the lag. And I'm not really happy with the times, because usually I play neopets on and of from about 6AM NST to 12 PM, so that's most of my neopets playing time. The rest of the downtime I'm asleep, so at least that's something.

From hrtbrk's post above there's a link to a page which tells where and how:

It helped me to read that page before I clicked on the link to the chat. Good luck! :)

Ah, okay.

Didn't see the link.

Thank-you!!

Edit:

Actually, I'm still a little confused.

I looked at the rule page thing.

Is it chatting through Mibbit, or IRC?

Ah, okay.

Didn't see the link.

Thank-you!!

Edit:

Actually, I'm still a little confused.

I looked at the rule page thing.

Is it chatting through Mibbit, or IRC?

IRC is the type of chat and I believe it stands for Internet Relay Chat. Mibbit is a web-based client you use to connect to IRC.

Did TNT say what issues they'll be addressing? I certainly hope they fix the problem with crediting NP's to your account and the lag it takes for it to register then deposit.

" We think we have uncovered where the root of the site lag is coming from and have a plan set out to implement some fixes. In the next week or so we will be updating our site servers and optimizing our databases. "

That was from the news on the 13th.

IRC is the type of chat and I believe it stands for Internet Relay Chat. Mibbit is a web-based client you use to connect to IRC.

This is my first time really hearing of IRC, and it's rather confusing for me!
Would you just log on to Mibbit and be done with it, or do you have to do something else with IRC?

" We think we have uncovered where the root of the site lag is coming from and have a plan set out to implement some fixes. In the next week or so we will be updating our site servers and optimizing our databases. "

That was from the news on the 13th.

This is my first time really hearing of IRC, and it's rather confusing for me!
Would you just log on to Mibbit and be done with it, or do you have to do something else with IRC?

I notice you logged into the chat room earlier this afternoon, so just do that again. Then you can type in your message to say hello. :)

I notice that the site is even worse I guess because people are rushing to finish things before the downtime. Luckily I was able to do all my dailies including grabbing interest so I'm ready for the downtime to begin. lol