Known Issues Affecting Neopets

hrtbrk

Does anyone know if there's scheduled maintenance soon? I came back to Neopets after 13 years and I've been trying to make an account for 6 days now... every username is taken.

They are currently working on site issues such as this while the site is up and taking the site down when necessary to fix these problems. The site was just down early this morning for a little while. I'm not too sure how long though as I was asleep. Neopets recently underwent a server move and things got wonky after that and they're still working on repairing that damage from September. Just hang in there with the rest of us and hopefully you'll be able to create an account soon. :)

I've been encountering some issues sending scores for games, with scores that are not even close to high score/avatar-level. Anyone else getting that?

I had that issue for Fashion Fever. About 10 minutes later I received neomails from TNT that the scores had been reviewed and accepted and my 900nps were rewarded. I wouldn't worry too much about the messages, it seems to be a minor error in the automatic system. You should still receive your points.

I haven't been able to use Altador nor the Qasalan Expellibox (for different reasons).

The Qasalan problem nearly gave me a heart attack cause it was someone else's username at the top, the wrong theme, and everything else. But my account is still secure and moving away from the expellibox page shows everything just as I set it up (theme, np, username etc.,)

And of course someone already explained the Altador thing is as if you just completed the plot but you don't get the prizes laid out.

Hmm...The Qasalan Expellibox worked for me. Got 100NP. But, the Altador Plot daily is not working for me either. That happened to me after the move from Viacom to JumpStart. Seems like an old ghost popping up, again. It doesn't really bother me, though. I know they will get it fixed. However, I think it is just my connetion, but links are coming up slow...don't want the lag to come back.

Hope it's not widespread, but my pets have dissapeared!

Mine too! I'd probably quit if this is permanent. Mini freak out time.

EDIT: It does seem to be widespread. Every profile I've looked at so far is missing their pets.

Yesterday, when I tried to visit Coltzan's Shrine in the morning, it said I had to wait. I figured I might have already done it and forgotten (though it seemed unlikely, I was multi-tabbing from the lag, and trying to promote my CC entry). However, today I definitely got the error on my first visit of the day. I also got an error that I'd already voted in the last 4 hours, even though I was supposed to be able to vote around midnight NST, so I know that's wrong.

Neopets not working for me. Keep getting 'this page cannot be displayed". Started not working yesterday afternoon. It would partially load, but only the top couple of inches with my username and neopoints. The rest of the screen was blank. Today I'm not even getting that. Checked facebook for answers and nothing. Is it down for everyone?

Edit/update: I just got to the home screen and I was no longer logged in. I'm currently trying to log in, but it's been loading for a while. I'll probably get the page cannot be displayed again.

I am getting sooooo tired of the dang lag! (I'd use more colorful language, but I don't want to get into trouble here)...

It took me forever to log into Neopets, and now it's not opening anything! I can't even do my dailies.

They better compensate us users, especially Premium users. I've had to up to *here* with this!

*ahem* Thank you for understanding my rant. I know I sound like a big baby, but c'mon!!!! They need to get their head out of their...well...YOU know!

:grrr:

I haven't been able to use Altador nor the Qasalan Expellibox (for different reasons).

The Qasalan problem nearly gave me a heart attack cause it was someone else's username at the top, the wrong theme, and everything else. But my account is still secure and moving away from the expellibox page shows everything just as I set it up (theme, np, username etc.,)

And of course someone already explained the Altador thing is as if you just completed the plot but you don't get the prizes laid out.

I've found this link works for accessing Expellibox: http://ncmall.neopets.com/mall/shop.phtml?page=giveaway&cat=

You can also navigate to the rest of the mall from that link (if I try to go to the mall from the Neopets header, I get the same error you described).

My pets are still visible. But the lag is insane. Hope TNT has fixed the disappearing pets glitch! I wonder if they'll do a rollback of the site for something that major...